S4 - 4: Australian Open, Melbourne (GS) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 16th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #1
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
S4 - 4: Australian Open, Melbourne (GS)

Australian Open, Melbourne

Week 4 * Plexi Grand Slam * Draw Size 32

S1 Winner - Nathalie Dechy
S2 Winner - Tamarine Tanasugarn
S3 Winner - Alicia Molik

Melbourne, AUS - Welcome to Melbourne, and the first Grand Slam event of season four on the ATC, just like last season, Alicia Molik has been the star in the warm-up events and she will be gunning for a remarkable 4th final in a row this week, can anyone stop her? We'll find out soon enough, good luck to all!

Draw Posted - Sunday 18:00 CET

Points Deadline - Tuesday 18:00 CET

Reminder - Please start sending Clay points

Last edited by The Daviator : May 20th, 2009 at 07:30 PM.
The Daviator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 16th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #2

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S4 - 4: Australian Open, Melbourne (GS)

Aces To Play

Azarenka - 1
Clijsters - 2
Davenport - 3
Dementieva - 3
Dokic - 4
Domachowska - 0
Dominguez Lino - 1
Dulko - 2
Hantuchova - 1
Ivanovic - 2
Jankovic - 1
Jidkova - 0
Kirilenko - 4
Krajicek - 1
Kuznetsova - 1
Larcher de Brito - 1
Molik - 3
Myskina - 1
Pennetta - 0
Rybarikova - 3
Seles - 2
Sharapova - 1
Spears - 2
Stosur - 1
Tanasugarn - 2
Vaidisova - 4
S. Williams - 2
V. Williams - 0
Washington - 0

Last edited by The Daviator : May 16th, 2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old May 16th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #3

Draw

Maria Sharapova(1) v Bye
Tamarine Tanasugarn v Jelena Dokic
Lourdes Dominguez Lino v Magdalena Rybarikova
Britney Spears v Lindsay Davenport(8)

Maria Kirilenko(5) v Bye
Samantha Stosur v Venus Williams
Nicole Vaidisova v Elena Dementieva
Bye v Michaella Krajicek(4)

Kim Clijsters(3) v Bye
Gisela Dulko v Svetlana Kuznetsova
Daniela Hantuchova v Jelena Jankovic
Mashona Washington v Flavia Pennetta(7)

Marta Domachowska(6) v Bye
Anastasia Myskina v Michelle Larcher de Brito
Serena Williams v Monica Seles
Bye v Alicia Molik(2)

Last edited by The Daviator : May 17th, 2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old May 16th, 2009, 01:45 PM   #4

Points To Defend

1000 -

Molik

700 -

Kirilenko

450 -

Davenport

250 -

Stosur
Krajicek

140 -

Jidkova
Jankovic
Tanasugarn
Myskina
Sharapova

90 -

Domachowska
Clijsters
V. Williams
Ivanovic
Spears
Hantuchova
Dulko

Last edited by The Daviator : May 16th, 2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old May 16th, 2009, 01:46 PM   #5

Player Of The Week

Kim Clijsters

Kim somehow managed to make the final in Sydney last week, so she gets the extra ace to use in Melbourne and now has 2

Last edited by The Daviator : May 16th, 2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old May 16th, 2009, 01:46 PM   #6

Preview

The Favourites

Molik is the clear favourite having won two titles and reached the final of the other event, the rest of the players seem clueless when it comes to playing her, and her record here has been fantasic, it will require an amazing performance and some luck to take her out this week, Dokic is the only player to have beaten Molik and she has 4 aces, but she lost early in Sydney, so her chances are uncertain, MK has been quiet in the last few weeks, but she's the highest-ranked 4-acer and a finalist last year, so she's definitely in with a chance to win her first major.

The Contenders

Our trio of newcomers makes up the main contenders to upset Molik and co., Vaidisova is the only other 4-acer besides Dokic and Kirilenko but has failed to make much of an impact so far, Dementieva shocked Kirilenko in the Gold Coast and is likely to threaten the top dogs here again, but it's Rybarikova in particular who impresses the most, she changes her tactics regularly and if she avoids Molik's half, could find herself in the final.

The Dark Horses

The Dangerous Floaters

My prediction for who will win the title?

?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

Good luck everyone

Last edited by The Daviator : May 16th, 2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old May 16th, 2009, 03:14 PM   #7
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Please someone beat Molik.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 11:56 PM   #8
country flag Medina

Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute Medina has a reputation beyond repute

Lourdes will
Medina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 12:41 AM   #9
Koon

Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina View Post
Lourdes will
lose to Flavia 1st round huh?
Old May 17th, 2009, 05:05 PM   #10
country flag Daniela-Is-Mine
Welcome to the Tragic Kingdom

Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute Daniela-Is-Mine has a reputation beyond repute

I needa draw

Agnieska, Magdalena, Katya
Jelena, Iveta, Anna, Stefanie, Andrea H, Angelique, Klara
Retired: Justine, ElenaD, Camille, Ai, Zuzana, Martina, Agnes, Alona, Kim, Marion
Daniela-Is-Mine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 07:46 PM   #11

Draw posted.
Old May 17th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #12
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

Top heavy draw Every favorite and contender except of course Ms. Molik up there

DAV YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO RIG THE DRAWS FOR MK NOT MUG-LEASHUH.
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 07:52 PM   #13
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the worst possible quarter.
Maria, Nicole, Elena, Sam... Thank god I don't have 4 Aces.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 07:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH0861 View Post
Top heavy draw Every favorite and contender except of course Ms. Molik up there

DAV YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO RIG THE DRAWS FOR MK NOT MUG-LEASHUH.
Don't worry, Myskina will finally stop being a useless **** and will take out Molik

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWLH View Post
I'm in the worst possible quarter.
Maria, Nicole, Elena, Sam... Thank god I don't have 4 Aces.
Old May 19th, 2009, 03:35 AM   #15
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

vee could possibly win a match?