will the pressure get to venus to tie marti? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 09:17 PM   #1
martinailuv

martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all martinailuv is a name known to all
will the pressure get to venus to tie marti?

i think venus realises that if she wins the us open she will tie marti in grand slam titles. i think that the pressure of tieing marti and beating serena will get to venus and venus will lose and serena will tie venus in grand slam titles. gosh marti hasn't won a grand slam in four years and she's still second after moni for grand slam titles.
martinailuv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 09:49 PM   #2
tennisfun

tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road tennisfun is on a distinguished road
so what? Steffi has retired for years, and she still has much much much more grand slams than Marti. And I am sure even Marti plays her butt off, she won't even get close.
tennisfun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2002, 09:55 PM   #3
VenusSerena

VenusSerena is just really nice VenusSerena is just really nice VenusSerena is just really nice VenusSerena is just really nice VenusSerena is just really nice VenusSerena is just really nice VenusSerena is just really nice VenusSerena is just really nice VenusSerena is just really nice VenusSerena is just really nice VenusSerena is just really nice
pressure, why would martina hingis be pressure for venus? why would the number of grand slam titles even be on her mind? why would hingis even come up over the weekend? there is no reason. this is something that would come up in a statistics head. someone that thinks about the numbers. she has a good record, she has played in 7 grand slams, and has won 4 of them. she got the better part of that deal. the only pressure she will face is if they tell her before the final (hopefully she will get there) that if she wins she becomes number 1 again!
VenusSerena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2002, 12:31 AM   #4
Kiki

Kiki is an unknown quantity at this point
Why would Venus feel pressurised by that? Pfff
Kiki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2002, 12:38 AM   #5
Serena y Monica

Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future Serena y Monica has a brilliant future
Unlike Marti Jennifer Amelie or Justine I really don't think any of them crosses Venus' mind...unless she's scheduled to play them.

Sorry
Serena y Monica is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2002, 12:46 AM   #6
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Venus isn't even thinking about Martina. She's no doubt thinking about keeping her service percentage high, her unforced error rate down, and not letting Amelie do to her as she did to Jenn.
Old Sep 6th, 2002, 01:40 AM   #7
Deira

Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice Deira is just really nice
Hingis is the last thing on Venus' mind. In fact, Hingis is becoming the last thing on a lot of people's mind as far as tennis goes.
Deira is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2002, 01:53 AM   #8
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute
Touche Deira. Too true.
Old Sep 6th, 2002, 01:53 AM   #9
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute
except maybe Sergio's mind
Old Sep 6th, 2002, 02:00 AM   #10
country flag tennischick

tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all tennischick is a name known to all
i honestly can't see why Venus would factor Hingis into her thinking. actually the very idea makes me LOL!!! the only thing that will make Venus bite the inside of her cheeks is the knowledge that Serena has been spanking her butt on a regular basis recently!
Old Sep 6th, 2002, 03:16 AM   #11
VSPower

VSPower is an unknown quantity at this point
In fact, these stats matter only to ex-players or media people, or even us....but to someone who feels the hunger and thrives for challenges, Venus is practicing on dealing with the Slices, dices, lobs tactics of Mauresmo.

She definitely will be very aggressive with her forehand, and the first serve. Day or night time matches won't keep this girl down. I predict a 125mph serve!!!!
VSPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2002, 03:29 AM   #12
bobcat

bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all bobcat is a name known to all
Only if matching Martina was some sort of monumental feat like the grand slam. But to be honest, compared to the all time greats, 5 slams is peanuts. I'd think Serena would be more nervous trying to complete the FO-W-USO sweep.
bobcat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2002, 06:42 AM   #13
country flag servenrichie

servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold
Rocksteady alias oooo strikes again!
Man you are obsessed. Dont forget to take your pills today, you know what happens, when you forget them.

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one
servenrichie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2002, 06:55 AM   #14
Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute
Venus is thinking about her own game. She is not going to measure herself up to Martina. She is thinking beyond Martina. Venus game is improving, Hingis's is not, In fact it is looking worse.

Now if Venus wins #5 I think it will be Martina thinking about Venus. She'll think dayum I haven't won a slam in 4 years.
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2002, 06:59 AM   #15
country flag Buitenzorg

Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute
Stop it..Stop it! Stop it....Don't you know SERENA will take The US Open 2002 TITLE!
Buitenzorg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote