Rita and Tami Agassi - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 6th, 2009, 07:39 AM   #1
country flag OrdinaryfoolisNJ

OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future
Rita and Tami Agassi

Can anybody help me with stats/match results or articles for Rita and Tami Agassi? Andre's sisters?

I know that Rita was a rather well respected junior champ out of Nevada (coached by Pancho Gonzalez after her early teens) in the 70's, and had a pro career briefly in the WTA.

Tami played for UNLV, Tyler Jr College in Texas, and also Texas AM. Since she's one year older than Andre, that would have been in the mid 80's. Any match stats or articles would be appreciated.

Also, which specific year/s did Tami train at Bolletteri?

Thanks in advance for any info.

"I still feel in the back of my mind that when Serena is committed and in shape, she's the best player"
Chris Evert ESPN May 2007
OrdinaryfoolisNJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2009, 11:05 PM   #2
country flag raquel

raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rita and Tami Agassi

Found some results for Rita Agassi on ITF Tennis - http://www.itftennis.com/womens/play...layer=20007407

U.S. Clay Courts USAWT04 Aug 1980 to 10 Aug 1980
Entry : LLClay (O)
64L Diane EVERS (AUS) 6-7 1-6

US Open Qualifying Draw USASL22 Aug 1979 to 25 Aug 1979
Entry : DAHard (O)
64W Michele GURDAL (BEL) 6-3 6-3
32L Laurie ROWLEY (USA) 4-6 1-6

US Open Qualifying Draw USASL23 Aug 1978 to 26 Aug 1978
Entry : DAHard (O)
64W Lisa DOHERTY (USA) 6-1 3-6 6-0
32L Robin HARRIS (USA) 3-6 6-1 6-7(5)

DOUBLES

U.S. Clay Courts USAWT04 Aug 1980 to 10 Aug 1980
Entry : DAClay (O)

partnering Dana GILBERT (USA)
32W HUTNICK (USA) / SANDS (USA) 6-1 5-7 6-4
16L FOROOD (USA) / REYNOLDS (USA) 4-6 2-6

Carlsbad USAWT22 Mar 1980 to 28 Mar 1980 Entry : DAHard (O)

partnering Dana GILBERT (USA)
16L DU PONT (USA) / SHRIVER (USA) 2-6 1-6
raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 11:38 PM   #3

OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future

Thanks so much Raquel.

I seems that Dana Gilbert is Brad's sister. Interesting that they had the "Gilbert" connection so many years ago.

Laurie Rowley is Chris Evert's best friend growing up.

I had expected that Rita played more on the tour. I'm still also looking for her junior results, as I've read a couple of comments that Rita was one of the finest juniors ever produced out of Nevada (and no, it wasn't "just" Mike Agassi who said it! LOL).

"I still feel in the back of my mind that when Serena is committed and in shape, she's the best player"
Old May 11th, 2009, 06:11 AM   #4
country flag DennisFitz

DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all

Rita was a fine junior. But that doesn't always translate into the pros.

As for Rita's pro results, she played mostly on the Avon Futures Circuit level. If she cracked the top 100, it would have only been for a brief time.

Dana Gilbert is Brad's older sister.
DennisFitz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 08:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisFitz View Post
Rita was a fine junior. But that doesn't always translate into the pros.

As for Rita's pro results, she played mostly on the Avon Futures Circuit level. If she cracked the top 100, it would have only been for a brief time.

Dana Gilbert is Brad's older sister.
Do you know what years specifically? I'll go through some mags 1978 to maybe 1981 when I have a chance to see if they have any Avon Futures results including Rita.