Russian music thread.. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 01:32 PM   #1
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Russian music thread..

I am trying to keep in touch with Russian modern music, but it is not always easy..

Anyways, yesterday I got a copy of the third album by Zemphira and I found it very charming. Much more mature than previous ones. The girl certainly has beautiful, imaginative and romantic mind and nice taste too. Not that much of sticky tunes, like in first two albums, but this time I feel almost bewitched by some of her lyrics..

"Webgirl" (" "), it is about us, guys, don't you think..

"the words insane and insane person and lunatic shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. 1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 04:02 PM   #2
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
I don`t have a single album of her, though I got around 10 songs in MP3 format. I didn`t even know that she produced a new album.
Old Jun 10th, 2002, 05:00 PM   #3
country flag Nina_rus

Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all
I don't have the new album yet, I'll probably go out and buy it tomorrow. She released as the first single and it's really nice, a good video too
Nina_rus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2002, 05:03 PM   #4
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
You can download everything from
http://www.zemfira.ru/music/

"the words insane and insane person and lunatic shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. 1

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Jun 10th, 2002, 05:05 PM   #5
country flag Nina_rus

Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all Nina_rus is a name known to all
I don't listen to Russian music much though, I thought the albums were good (covers of Kino, lots of artists there) and I also liked the soundrack to -2 (a movie with Bodrov).

The one band that I know is very popular now is Korol i Shut ( ) it's russian punk music, I see people walking in K t-shirts all the time. I don't get it though, I've only heard one or two songs and didn't like them at all!
Old Jun 10th, 2002, 07:52 PM   #6
country flag Cassius

Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of
I recently heard 1 song from a Russian band. I have no idea what the band was called, what the song was called or what the lyrics were, but it sounded pretty alright to me.
I can't remember where the band were playing (it was from a live show) but the crowd seemed to know the words.
My fave. music ATM is German metal. A band called Rammstein. They're MEGA. I don't speak German so (again) I have no idea what the songs are on about, but it sounds great and thats all that matters.
Cassius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2002, 07:59 PM   #7
country flag Cassius

Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of Cassius has much to be proud of
Oops. I forgot to ask.
YS, you live in America right? And the Zemfira music is Russian, right? Do any of your neighbours ask you to turn your Russian music down, not because its too loud, but because its Russian?
I only ask because, neighbours asked me to turn down my Rammstein CD, because they found 'German music offensive' (not because its rock/metal, but because its German). I just wondered if you had a problem with your neighbours not liking your music because its in a different language.

Living in the USA, I assume you also listen to American music (Its impossible to get away from it ). Whats your fave. American band?

Last edited by Cassius : Jun 10th, 2002 at 08:05 PM.
Cassius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2002, 08:18 PM   #8
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

NO, they never asked anything like that..

I listen very little of American music.. And mostly non-mainstream, folk, etc.. Like Jewel, Rusted Root..

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Jun 11th, 2002, 03:22 AM   #9
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
Korol i Shut seem appalling to me. In terms of the Russian music I am a bit old-fashioned. I like Krematori`s 1990 album, also Mashina Vremeni, Kino, Aria, Nol` and some others. Zemfira is rather good, but I don`t have a desire to buy it.
Old Jun 11th, 2002, 07:31 AM   #10
country flag Nina_rus

Do you like ? I actually prefer it to Tsoi
Old Jun 11th, 2002, 11:05 AM   #11
country flag fresh2flash

Quote:
Originally posted by Nina_rus
Do you like ? I actually prefer it to Tsoi
I`m not surprised you do. It`s good. But it doesn`t go straight to the heart as old Kino did. It`s my youth, first love, first date, the happiest time of my life That`s why I still like it so much. It reminds me of those days.
Old Jun 11th, 2002, 02:17 PM   #12
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

Old Kino is a legend. I still remember 1984 too well to forget, everyone was singing "Vosmiklassniza".. Tsoi is a legend, perhaps the only true legend of Soviet rock..

I am pretty much in the same things, fresh2flash. I though find the latest albums by Mashina Vremeni as highly disappointing and boring. Perhaps they should retire as a recording group..

Voskresenie is perhaps Russian rock decadence at its best.

Zemfira is improving. Her first albums seem to be too much influenced by Mumyi Troll, the group that I perhaps dislike most out of all Russian groups of similar style. They are just unbearably cynical. The last album by Zemfira is much more aged, mature work, you can almost feel that her albums are a mirror reflection of her age..

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Jun 19th, 2002, 08:38 AM   #13
country flag Nina_rus

ys, what's the best Jewel album?
Old Jun 20th, 2002, 05:34 PM   #14
country flag Nina_rus

Spirit?
Old Jun 20th, 2002, 07:12 PM   #15
Vanity
Team WTAworld

Vanity is an unknown quantity at this point Vanity is an unknown quantity at this point
The only Russian music I know is Alsou...

I'll check out some of the music you guys reccomended here though. I love foreign music, so there's a good chance I'd probably like it
Vanity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote