Paula Kania - feisty sweetheart from Sosnowiec - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 6th, 2009, 09:04 AM   #61
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Paula-Maria Kania Sweetland

Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 6th, 2009, 12:26 PM   #62
country flag Krzysiu.

Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of

Orange Bowl or what?
Krzysiu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 01:05 PM   #63
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute

Paula is in the mixed doubles final with Bartosz Sawicki. (Eddie Herr tournament)
TeamUla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #64
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute

Paula won The Indoor Championships of Silesia in Chorzów (her club) which were held a month ago.
In the final she beat Ivanna Slobodian from Ukraine (also from that club).

With that win she came back to number one in polish juniors ranking.
Current TOP5:

#1 Paula Kania
#2 Magda Linette
#3 Sandra Zaniewska
#4 Katarzyna Kaleta
#5 Sylwia Mikołajczuk
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 02:50 PM   #65
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

is there a Polish national championships?
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2009, 03:56 PM   #66
country flag TeamUla

We have even two national championships - Winter and Summer edition
One is on February after Australian Open.
It is in Bydgoszcz (also Fed Cup city this year) Surface is the same as in Opole (but carpet is green there ).
Paula was in the final last year. She lost to Katarzyna Piter then.

And btw the last result from Eddie Herr

Mixed doubles U18 - final:

Paula Kania/Bartosz Sawicki [2] def Nastja Kolar/Damir Dzumhur [1] 7:6(5) 7:5

Bartosz Sawicki is current n.1 in juniors in Poland. So we can say that Polish number one were number one in Eddie Herr mixed doubles
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 06:31 PM   #67
country flag Krzysiu.

Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of Krzysiu. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slutiana View Post
is there a Polish national championships?
What the *** blondes in your sig?
Old Dec 12th, 2009, 01:44 PM   #68
country flag TeamUla

Paula lost to Tomljanović in 2st round after three-setter.
Paula also defended her points from last year. She reached SF, lost to Pekhova/Scott.
But in QF she defeated top seeds Mladenović/Babos. Her parther was Anna-Arina Marenko from Russia.
Old Dec 12th, 2009, 02:00 PM   #69
country flag TeamUla

Some sentences by Paula's coach:

Her advantages: very good technic, good movement and speed on the court and fast shots. Additionally she prefers an agressive game. Her disadvantages: lack of mental maturity on court, the ability to mobilize during whole match. That's why she has great sets and those much weaker ones. Physically she's prepared well. In Chorzów she plays she works a lot, I respect her because she is able to train as well as she can, she's engaged. Paula is aware of her aims. She can spend 7 hours on court and next day play still on her highest level. The fact she's tired is noticable when she's back home.

Paula:

My mom trained volleyball in the club I play tennis. My dad brought me to the tennis section here and it is how it all started. Paula doesn't talk a lot, she's rather modest. It's very difficult to force her to talk more than one sentence. She spends half a day at school, the other half on court. It was her choice, she doesn't regret that she could go to the disco or hang out with friends like the others do. She just loves tennis.

What's the most difficult in tennis?
You must think on court and I'm not good at this stuff.

Your tennis idol?
Martina Hingis, I like her style of game a lot and the way of being on court.
Now there are many players who disregard me, my ranking doesn't let them treat me seriously. But I don't care. I try to use it as the surprising advantage.

Your dreams?
I want to play as well as it's possible and take a break at last. I was not on holiday since I started playing tennis.

An advice for the others who want to play tennis?
If someone treats tennis seriously, is ready for all those sacrifices, should try. But if he doesn't, he should not play. Waste of time.
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 08:55 AM   #70
country flag Krzysiu.

Angelescu, do you know Paula Maria?
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 12:22 PM   #71
country flag TeamUla

Mów mi Marcin.
I know Paula. She will btw go and play Traralgon (junior tournament before AO) and Junior Australian Open - Zania is going with her. No Linette in Australia.
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 01:06 PM   #72
country flag Krzysiu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelescu View Post
Mów mi Marcin.
I know Paula. She will btw go and play Traralgon (junior tournament before AO) and Junior Australian Open - Zania is going with her. No Linette in Australia.
Co to stworek z Heroes5?

Did you play with/against her ?
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 01:12 PM   #73
country flag TeamUla

zabiła by mnie 6/0 6/0 gdybym z nią zagrał (joke ). Jestem amatorem tylko
Stworek z Heroes V to Archanioł
Old Dec 17th, 2009, 01:13 PM   #74
country flag Krzysiu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelescu View Post
zabiła by mnie 6/0 6/0 gdybym z nią zagrał (joke ). Jestem amatorem tylko
Stworek z Heroes V to Archanioł
Nie bój, Camerin straciła gema z Maldinim

Tak myślałem Archanioł
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 09:16 PM   #75
country flag TeamUla

Paula won the Team Indoor Junior Championship of Poland (Team = Paula Kania + Iga Odrzywołek ). In the final which was held in Paula's club girls beat Mostostal Zabrze.

Semifinal
Chorzów def Sopot 2-1

Paula Kania/Iga Odrzywołek def Agata Bachanek/Karolina Świderska 6:2 6:1
Paula Kania def Agata Bachanek 6:2 6:3
Iga Odrzywołek lt Karolina Świderska 4:6 4:6

Final
Chorzów def Zabrze 2-1

Paula Kania/Iga Odrzywołek def Justyna Król/Angelika Litwin 6:1 6:2
Paula Kania def Angelika Litwin 6:3 6:2
Iga Odrzywołek lt Justyna Król 4:6 5:7

Paula seemed not to be superfocused on her matches. Afterall it's just a match practise before the trip to Australia.

Last edited by TeamUla : Dec 20th, 2009 at 09:25 PM.