Ranks - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 15th, 2009, 06:42 PM   #46
country flag Christinawww

Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future
Re: Ranks

especially not with Clijsters in R2 in Toronto.

Official Defender of Temper Tantrums in Vikaland

Visit http://www.victoriousvika.com for everything on Vika
Christinawww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 20th, 2009, 02:37 PM   #47
country flag lover_of_myskina

lover_of_myskina has much to be proud of lover_of_myskina has much to be proud of lover_of_myskina has much to be proud of lover_of_myskina has much to be proud of lover_of_myskina has much to be proud of lover_of_myskina has much to be proud of lover_of_myskina has much to be proud of lover_of_myskina has much to be proud of lover_of_myskina has much to be proud of lover_of_myskina has much to be proud of lover_of_myskina has much to be proud of

It's now official with Wozniacki's defeat yesterday !
Vika will be number 8 next monday
lover_of_myskina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 06:10 PM   #48
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 10:58 PM   #49
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Vika #9

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 11:25 PM   #50
country flag allrounder

allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future

She should be back in top 8 by the end of the USO. I can't see Wozniacki getting past the 4th round if Sveta doesn't lose before then in her section. She may even lose against Cirstea again in R3. Vika should at least make the quarters unless she really underperforms.

~The Official Anger Management Counsellor of Vikaland~
allrounder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 05:13 AM   #51

Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future

well Caro and Vika are really close in points, Caro will be 8th if they exist in the same round, and Vika needs to advance at least 1 round better than Caro if she wants to be 8th.

Old Sep 8th, 2009, 05:43 AM   #52

with Vika losing "early" and Caro already in QF with what looks like an easy path to the final (no seeded players in her half left) Vika is going to have a difficult time getting back into the top8. Though her 9th spot looks pretty safe.

Old Sep 8th, 2009, 06:38 AM   #53
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

Darn. Hopefully she can get some form and get on a roll this fall. Jelena and Vera have A LOT to defend.
Old Sep 8th, 2009, 12:21 PM   #54
country flag allrounder

allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future

Yes JJ's defending nearly 2000 points in the space of 3 weeks at the end of September/start of October and her YEC SF which it doesn't even look like she'l qualify for. She's only going to be about 800 points ahead of Vika after the USO so this could be Vika's big chance to get back into the top 8 and secure it for next years AO which she really needs.

Old Sep 8th, 2009, 06:33 PM   #55

^^ good point

Old Sep 8th, 2009, 06:53 PM   #56
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

I think Blahroline doesn't belong in the top 10. She's only there because she attends every tournament from week 1 to Doha / Bali and because she wins a couple of midget-tourneys. In my opinion, Pushniacki is a fake top 10-er Victoria should be at no. 8!
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 11:12 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder View Post
She should be back in top 8 by the end of the USO. I can't see Wozniacki getting past the 4th round if Sveta doesn't lose before then in her section. She may even lose against Cirstea again in R3. Vika should at least make the quarters unless she really underperforms.
damn, we all agreed with you I think and we were all surprised big time

Old Sep 9th, 2009, 12:43 PM   #58
country flag allrounder

Unfortunately for us all she really underperformed. This hasn't been a good tournament for making any predictions at all.

Vika has 422 points to defend from now until the end of season with the majority of those coming at the end of this month. I think we can forget about her overtaking Caro now unless she wins either Tokyo or China and Wozzy crashes early. It's more likely that JJ will drop below her with the 2762 points she has to defend from last year, although I love both Vika and JJ

Vika really needs to start making some QF's again in the tour events. Some kinder draws would be a nice start though.

Old Sep 30th, 2009, 10:03 PM   #59
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone do a few scenarios for next weeks ranking?

What if Vika were to reach the semis? final?

Thanks.. I always like to know but never know how the rankings work.
Old Sep 30th, 2009, 10:19 PM   #60
country flag allrounder

8ths the highest she can be after this tournament even if she wins it - she'l be only about 40 points behind Vera if she does and about 90 behind Sveta in 6th. She needs to do as good or better than Jankovic to get in 8th though.

Sveta, JJ and Vera all have quite a few points coming off though in the next few weeks.