Ahh... A Rematch Of One Of The Greatest Matches Of 2002 - I Can't Wait - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 04:03 AM   #1
country flag AjdeNate!
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
Ahh... A Rematch Of One Of The Greatest Matches Of 2002 - I Can't Wait

As much as I wanted Monica to progress through the draw, her defeat by Venus gives me a chance to relive one of the greatest matches of 2002:

2002-02-04 Paris Indoor
Open Gaz de France
Hardcourt SF
Venus Williams d. Amelie Mauresmo 4-6 7-6(3) 7-5

I was at this match in person, and let me tell you it was (in the words of American Idol judge Paula Abdul) two words:
"phu" and "nomenal"! Mauresmo was on the verge of winning in 2 and had many chances in the 3rd set. The Parisian crowd was the BEST crowd I've ever been with at a sporting event. Venus played great to take the match 7-5 in the 3rd, but knew that she was very lucky to come through. It pretty much came down to one or two points; sorry to sound like a cliche, but it did).

Mauresmo broke Venus in the first game to lead early. She never relinqushed that break in set 1. Set 2 was up and down, both players fighting with great long rallies. Set 3 was tremendous. Both players left it all on the court and gave it everything they had. Venus broke late in the match to clinch the deal.

Whether Momo or Vee wins on Friday matters to me less than the quality of play. I hope you watching on TV get to see the Williams/Mauresmo 02 Gaz de France-caliber match that I got to see in Paris on that rainy February day. It was tremendous stuff!

Bonne chance a vous!
AjdeNate! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 04:07 AM   #2
country flag AjdeNate!

AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute AjdeNate! has a reputation beyond repute
I can't remember for sure, but I really think Mauresmo had 2 match points in the 2nd set.
Old Sep 5th, 2002, 09:22 AM   #3
country flag Williams Rulez
Team WTAworld

Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute Williams Rulez has a reputation beyond repute
A pity I didn't get to watch this match... really hope this match will be a good one!

Mary : Monica : Svetlana : Sania : Jennifer : Amelie
Roddick : Grosjean : David : Djokovic
Williams Rulez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2002, 11:05 AM   #4
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute
I hope the semifinal will be something good to watch!!!

I dun want to see like in wimbledon where Amelie lost two straight sets

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2002, 02:14 AM   #5
country flag AjdeNate!

About 15 hours to go!!