Babos Timea - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 8th, 2009, 06:36 PM   #46
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future
Re: Babos Timea

Babos taking inspiration from Oudin success

If you ask Timea Babos of Hungary where she’s taking her inspiration from during this US Open junior girls’ tournament, she’ll tell you Melanie Oudin.

The 16-year-old Babos recalls that in last year’s US Open junior competition she lost to the then second-seeded Oudin in a straight set first-round loss.
Babos has followed the 17-year-old Oudin’s incredible run in the women’s main draw this past week. Oudin, not that long ago playing as a junior, has reached the US Open quarterfinals with wins over No.4 Elena Dementieva, former U.S. Open champion Maria Sharapova, and No.13 Nadia Petrova in the last three rounds.

“I’m very happy for her and, hopefully, in one or two years I’m going to do the same as her,” Babos said of her former junior colleague. “I am preparing for that.”

Babos made a good start on her 2009 US Open junior campaign by posting a 63 64 first round victory over Elina Svitolina of the Ukraine on Monday.

“I think my groundstrokes were pretty good today,” Babos said. “My serve could be better because usually that’s my biggest advantage in my game. Altogether, it was a good match, but it could be better.”

Babos, who is coached by her father, has recently moved to England to train at the Gosling Academy.
This season, she has played three ITF $10,000 events in Britain, winning one and reaching the final of two, which has earned her a No. 738 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour ranking.

“It was a little strange because some ladies were twice older than me,” said Babos, of playing in the $10,000 level events. “I was the new little kid and they didn’t know who I am, and I didn’t know everyone. But I think to play in these type of tournaments, and the junior Grand Slams, is best.”
Babos’ immediate dream is to win her first Grand Slam junior trophy this week at the US Open.
“That would be amazing,” she said. “This year, I’ve played a lot of tournaments, won a lot of tournaments, and I’m just playing better all the time. To win a junior Grand Slam could be the biggest thing of the year.”

Timea Babos interview - Day 2 US Open 2009 (MP3 format)

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...rticleid=20439

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 19th, 2009, 06:53 PM   #47
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

Osaka Mayor's Cup, World Super Junior Tennis Championships 2009, GA

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Old Oct 21st, 2009, 05:47 PM   #48
country flag Hakapeszi

Osaka Mayor's Cup - World Super Junior Tennis Championships 2009, Grade A
Dates : 19 Oct to 25 Oct 2009
Venue : Osaka, Japan
Surface :Hard

Timea BABOS (HUN) (2) defeated Shoko YAMAMOTO (JPN) 6-3 6-2
Timea BABOS (HUN) (2) defeated Hua-Chen LEE (TPE) 6-1 6-3
Timea BABOS (HUN) (2) defeated Kanyapat NARATTANA (THA) (15) 6-2 6-2
Timea BABOS (HUN) (2) defeated Emi MUTAGUCHI (JPN) (12) 6-3 6-0
Timea BABOS (HUN) (2) defeated Sachie ISHIZU (JPN) (10) 6-1 6-1

Final

Kristina MLADENOVIC (FRA) (1) defeated Timea BABOS (HUN) (2) 7-6(5) 6-3

BABOS (HUN) / MLADENOVIC (FRA) (1) defeated BARANSKA (POL) / DEIGMAN (GBR) 6-2 6-0
BABOS (HUN) / MLADENOVIC (FRA) (1) defeated BORTHWICK (GBR) / SCOTT (USA) 7-5 6-1
BABOS (HUN) / MLADENOVIC (FRA) (1) defeated MUTAGUCHI (JPN) / OMAE (JPN) (7) 6-2 6-4
BABOS (HUN) / MLADENOVIC (FRA) (1) defeated KATO (JPN) / TSUJI (JPN) 6-1 6-1

Final

BABOS (HUN) / MLADENOVIC (FRA) (1) defeated GRAGE (DEN) / ZHENG (CHN) (5) 6-2 7-5

Last edited by Hakapeszi : Oct 27th, 2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 07:09 PM   #49
country flag Hakapeszi

The Babos sisters

Old Oct 24th, 2009, 12:07 PM   #50
country flag mon72

mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all

hope she wins Osaka, she's been playing unbelievably well and consistent.
mon72 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2009, 08:33 PM   #51
country flag mon72

mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all

Timi is in the final of Sunderland! well done
Old Nov 7th, 2009, 09:38 PM   #52
country flag Passierschlag

Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOao5dnCZFM

It's the decisive ninth game of the semifinal.
Passierschlag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2009, 01:00 PM   #53
country flag Hakapeszi

$10,000 Sunderland 2009

Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Claire LABLANS (NED) 6-3 6-4
Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Lara MICHEL (SUI) 6-2 6-2
Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Piia SUOMALAINEN (FIN) 6-1 7-6(3)
Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Jade CURTIS (GBR) (1) 6-3 6-4

Final

Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Matea MEZAK (CRO) (5) 7-6(2) 6-4

Last edited by Hakapeszi : Nov 8th, 2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old Nov 8th, 2009, 03:33 PM   #54
country flag omgezani

omgezani is a name known to all omgezani is a name known to all omgezani is a name known to all omgezani is a name known to all omgezani is a name known to all omgezani is a name known to all omgezani is a name known to all omgezani is a name known to all omgezani is a name known to all omgezani is a name known to all omgezani is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakapeszi View Post
$10,000 Sunderland 2009

Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Matea MEZAK (CRO) (5) 7-6(2) 6-4

It's great!

[The Official water supplier of Vikaland]
omgezani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2009, 05:17 PM   #55
country flag mon72

well done Timi
Old Nov 8th, 2009, 07:44 PM   #56
country flag Hakapeszi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passierschlag View Post
Listen at 1:05

Old Nov 8th, 2009, 08:05 PM   #57
country flag Hakapeszi

Old Nov 8th, 2009, 08:20 PM   #58
country flag Hakapeszi

Old Nov 8th, 2009, 08:23 PM   #59
country flag Hakapeszi

Old Nov 14th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #60
country flag Hakapeszi

$10,000 Jersey 2009

Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Elixane LECHEMIA (FRA) (8) 6-1 7-6(6)
Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Stamatia FAFALIOU (GRE) 6-3 6-2
Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Stephanie VONGSOUTHI (FRA) (1) 6-3 6-4
Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Kinnie LAISNE (FRA) (3) 6-4 6-3

Final

Timea BABOS (HUN) lost to Matea MEZAK (CRO) (6) 2-6 3-6

Doubles

BABOS (HUN) / EJDESGAARD (DEN) (4) BYE

BABOS (HUN) / EJDESGAARD (DEN) (4) defeated NOWAK (GER) / THOMPSON (NGR) 6-3 6-0
BABOS (HUN) / EJDESGAARD (DEN) (4) defeated REN (GBR) / REN (GBR) 6-2 6-2

Final

BERTENS (NED) / HARMSEN (NED) (3) defeated BABOS (HUN) / EJDESGAARD (DEN) (4) 7-5 7-5

Last edited by Hakapeszi : Nov 15th, 2009 at 12:38 PM.