Babos Timea - Page 26 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 15th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #376
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Babos Timea

Shvedova next, i think. She come from qualies, wont be that fresh. This week anyone can beat anyone so doesnt matter much.
I knew she can beat Oprandi, because she isnt a dominating opponent just a tricky one. Her big wins/rankings were just flaws.

anyway, 70pts in the pocket, needs another ~40 to make RG main draw sure.
3rd on the Monterrey qualy list, I hope there will be withdraws so she can get into MD without playing qualies.
Advertisement

Old Feb 15th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #377
country flag Gregorio87

Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of

Timi has a good chance against Shvedova, but she shouldn't have pressure, because it's already a great result

Even if she misses Monterrey, she can earn that points in the next weeks.

+ they just won the doubles with Savinykh

Last edited by Gregorio87 : Feb 15th, 2012 at 07:13 PM.
Gregorio87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #378
country flag Battiv

Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice

In your opinion what's the favourite surface of Timea? I thought the fast courts, to use better her serve, but it seems that she looks for clay tournaments. What do you think?
Battiv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #379
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battiv View Post
In your opinion what's the favourite surface of Timea? I thought the fast courts, to use better her serve, but it seems that she looks for clay tournaments. What do you think?
Hungary is a "clay court nation". 99% of tennis courts are outdoor clay because its the cheapest. Outdoor hard... close to zero. Some clubs have few indoor courts.
That means every junior learns to play on clay, that will be their "natural habitat" for long time. That doesnt mean clay suits their game perfectly, but they are more comfortable and having more confidence there. (Its similar with Kvitova, whose game absolutely not suited for clay, but she is very comfortable there. More than Wozniacki for example.)

I think Timi can be succesful on both hard and clay.
Dont think this week means anything, because they made calendar this way. (next week Monterrey is hard, than Acapulco is clay again ) Its no problem finding easy way up on the rankings if it possible. Stupid who doesnt make her own luck.
Old Feb 15th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #380
country flag Gregorio87

Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of

And her favourite surface was grass, when she was junior. I think we can except good results from her on that surface too

These South American tournaments are perfect for young players to gain experience on WTA level and cheaper points. I'm surprised why more players from Timi's generation doesn't play here , even if this year WTA srewed up the calendar...
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #381
country flag PerfectForm

PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future

Timea is definitely going to make top 100 this year if she continues her good form

Morita. Pavlyuchenkova. Halep. Antoniychuk. Wozniacki. Vesnina. Chakvetadze. Jankovic. Ivanovic. Puig

Larcher D B. Diyas. Orlik. E Bogdan. Khromacheva. Ishizu. Kovalets. Kichenoks. Cepelova
PerfectForm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #382
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

First WTA Semifinal!!!

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #383
C. Drone
CFO

64 64 over Shvedova, who had only one BP but Timi saved it. Impressive

but thinking Panova in SF is easier just because more unknown name than Shvedova is simply stupid. (Shvedova made absolute nothing in singles last year after her injury, for real). I mean when Erakovic 1st seed, or Mathilde Johansson is seeded... those numbers means nothing. Outside top50-70, basically there is no favorite for a match, except someone strong coming back from injury.
Old Feb 17th, 2012, 07:17 PM   #384
country flag Gregorio87

What a huge result! And they almost won the doubles too.

I didn't think she could reach top 100 before her 19. birthday, but it's now absolutely within reach even if she doesn't win tomorrow

(Oh, and btw it wad the perfect time to change my pic...)
Old Feb 17th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #385
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

keep going.

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #386
country flag Gregorio87

2:6 3:6 But in a WTA SF

Next week in Monterrey, but not even her dad knows if she can play singles. Doubles with Savinykh again.

Last edited by Gregorio87 : Feb 19th, 2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #387
C. Drone
CFO

Her serve was working perfectly in previous rounds, I dont know what happened but her stats were horrible. hopefully isnt an injury. Obviously withouther serve she isnt enough stable yet.

3rd quarter of Monterrey. She made it
Winnable 1st round again, 2nd is not easy, both girl in good form lately. And surface change wont be easy either.

(5)Gisela Dulko (ARG) v Patricia Mayr-Achleitner (AUT)
Q v Eva Birnerova (CZE)
(wc)Ximena Hermoso (MEX) v Timea Babos (HUN)
Stefanie Voegele (SUI) v (3/wc)Sorana Cirstea (ROU)
Old Feb 19th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #388
country flag Gregorio87

Lucky girl! Last direct acceptance in Monterrey and her last three first round opponents on WTA tournaments were: LL, WC, WC
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 09:55 PM   #389
country flag Gregorio87

6-2 6-3 She was hit or miss today, but all in all completely outplayed her opponent. Serve was good too, 7 aces
I'm curious about next round, Timi - Cirstea would be

And with this win she can be already in top 100 next week!
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 08:07 AM   #390
country flag Battiv

Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice Battiv is just really nice

Now everybody can say "A star is born".

Timea Babos beats Sorana Cirstea 4-6 6-4 6-2 and now she's near to be the best '93 of the world.
Battiv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote