Babos Timea - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 24th, 2010, 10:02 AM   #241
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future
Re: Babos Timea

$25,000 Traralgon 2010

Dates : 22 Nov to 28 Nov 2010
Venue : Traralgon, Australia
Surface : Hard

23 Nov 2010

BABOS (HUN) / SOUTH (GBR) defeated PATTERSON (AUS) / ROGOWSKA (AUS) (4) 6-3 6-3

24 Nov 2010

Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Erika SEMA (JPN) (8) 6-1 6-4

BABOS (HUN) / SOUTH (GBR) defeated DE WAEL (BEL) / WEJNERT (AUS) 6-3 2-6 [10-6]

Timi: I won my 1st match in singles against Sema today. Played well, especially my serve was good. We also won in doubles and are in the semifinals.

25 Nov 2010

Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Tammi PATTERSON (AUS) 6-3 6-2

Timi: I won again today, played well again. I'm excited for the match against Jarka Groth. We couldnt play doubles due to rain delays.

26 Nov 2010

Jarmila GROTH (AUS) (1) defeated Timea BABOS (HUN) 6-3 6-4

Doubles Semifinal

BABOS (HUN) / SOUTH (GBR) defeated DOMINIKOVIC (AUS) / MOORE (AUS) 7-5 6-4

Timi: Jarka Groth proved to be a bit too strong for me right now, but I hope that this will change very soon. We won in doubles again and are ready for the final.

27 Nov 2010

Timi: As you may know, our doubles final got rained out; it's rescheduled for tomorrow morning. I think I'll start Wednesday at next week's event, I hope I'll finish the year on a high note.

28 Nov 2010

Doubles Final

BABOS (HUN) / SOUTH (GBR)
defeated GROTH (AUS) / HOPPER (AUS) (2) 6-3 6-2

Timi: I'm glad we won the 2nd doubles event in a row. I played with a different partner, but same opponents (Groth.Hopper). My last tourney of the year starts Wednesday, then I'll be heading home to train a bit before Xmas.

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."

Last edited by Hakapeszi : Nov 29th, 2010 at 07:09 AM.
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 24th, 2010, 02:15 PM   #242
country flag PerfectForm

PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future

Pls win a consecutive match Timi!

Morita. Pavlyuchenkova. Halep. Antoniychuk. Wozniacki. Vesnina. Chakvetadze. Jankovic. Ivanovic. Puig

Larcher D B. Diyas. Orlik. E Bogdan. Khromacheva. Ishizu. Kovalets. Kichenoks. Cepelova
PerfectForm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2010, 07:05 AM   #243
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

Timea honored for Olympic bronze.

Timea's mother, sister and the Olympic team captain

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Old Nov 30th, 2010, 11:31 AM   #244
country flag Hakapeszi

$25,000 Bendigo 2010

Dates : 29 Nov to 05 Dec 2010
Venue : Bendigo, Australia
Surface : Hard

30 Nov 2010

BABOS (HUN) / SOUTH (GBR) defeated DOMINIKOVIC (AUS) / MOORE (AUS) 6-3 7-6(4)

Timi: Thanks everyone for the comments, the cheering and voting for me. We won in doubles today, playing singles tomorrow.

01 Dec 2010

Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Isabella HOLLAND (AUS) 6-7(4) 6-4 6-4

BABOS (HUN) / SOUTH (GBR) defeated SEMA (JPN) / SEMA (JPN) (1) 6-3 7-6(7)

Timi: I beat Holland today, 6-7, 6-4, 6-4. The sitation didn't look that great at 4-0 down in... the 3rd, but thanks to my fitness, I bounced back. Facing Molik tomorrow, hopefully the wind won't be that strong.
We also win in doubles against the Sema sisters and we're in the semis. I'm glad doubles is going so well for me

02 Dec 2010

Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Alicia MOLIK (AUS) (1) 6-0 3-6 7-5

BABOS (HUN) / SOUTH (GBR) defeated FINK (USA) / WHORISKEY (USA) 6-4 7-5

Timi: I'm happy, I defeated Molik today and also won in the doubles semis. I'm a bit tired but also really pumped up. Facing Sema and the Groth/Hopper duo again.

03 Dec 2010

Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Erika SEMA (JPN) (8) 6-2 6-3

Doubles Final

BABOS (HUN) / SOUTH (GBR)
defeated GROTH (AUS) / HOPPER (AUS) (2) 6-3 6-2

04 Dec 2010

Timea BABOS (HUN) defeated Tammi PATTERSON (AUS) 6-4 3-6 6-2

05 Dec 2010

Final

Timea BABOS (HUN)
defeated Elitsa KOSTOVA (BUL) 3-6 6-3 7-5

Timi: I'm happy that I won. We wanted to leave Aussie after my 2nd week's loss but I'm glad we stayed.All tourneys were strong but I've done okay, especially with being the youngest player.I don't think that the $25k events would be too strong for me,I actually would like to improve even further and do well at bigger tourneys soon.I would also like to thank everyone for cheering & thanks to my team,Levi,Dad and everyone!

Last edited by Hakapeszi : Dec 12th, 2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old Nov 30th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #245
country flag Gregorio87

Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakapeszi View Post
Timea honored for Olympic bronze.

Timea's mother, sister and the Olympic team captain
For a moment I thougt, wow how could Timi look so good on that pic, then I realised it's her sister and she is still in Australia
We need finally a good result in singles too, that QF wasn't bad last week, something like that again or better. 9 match winning streak in doubles
Gregorio87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 04:40 AM   #246
country flag PerfectForm

PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future

Timea got her revenge against Holland, coming back from 0-4 down in the third set Now time to shock Molik!!

Btw, I think Timi looks better than Suzi

Morita. Pavlyuchenkova. Halep. Antoniychuk. Wozniacki. Vesnina. Chakvetadze. Jankovic. Ivanovic. Puig

Larcher D B. Diyas. Orlik. E Bogdan. Khromacheva. Ishizu. Kovalets. Kichenoks. Cepelova
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 01:33 AM   #247
country flag Gregorio87

Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of

Suzi looks a bit better, but Timi is the better tennis player, nature was fair

A win against Molik, but Timi is really inconsistent, sometimes she shows her excellent attacks and volleys, then she hits out an easy second serve at break point and the choke begins..., and I just watched the third set. The first could have been
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 05:14 AM   #248
country flag PerfectForm

Timi is into the finals!! yea win it all now!

Old Dec 4th, 2010, 11:17 AM   #249
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has disabled reputation

ITF.2010.Bendigo.WS.SF.Patterson.vs.Babos.ENG
dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2010, 11:33 PM   #250
country flag Gregorio87

Thanks, can you upload the final too? I will fall asleep until it
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 05:03 AM   #251
country flag PerfectForm

Tim won!! Congrates on the second 25K this year. Could someone pls upload the final, I missed it as well, thanks !!

Old Dec 5th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #252
country flag Passierschlag

Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light Passierschlag is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ITMjqjhGYk

Not great quality. I mean the picture not the play.

Last edited by Passierschlag : Dec 5th, 2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: mistake
Passierschlag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 03:42 PM   #253
country flag PerfectForm

Thanks!! do you have the full match?

Old Dec 6th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #254
country flag Hakapeszi

Timea’s gutsy win: Hungarian fights back to claim women’s crown

TANYA PAOLUCCI
06 Dec, 2010 04:00 AM

WOMEN’s CHAMPION: Timea Babos plays a volley.

TIMEA Babos’ fighting spirit and tenacious play turned heads all week at the William Loud Bendigo International.
The 17-year-old knocked out top seed and defending champion Alicia Molik in the second round in a stirring three-set battle.

Once again yesterday Babos had to dig deep to come from a set down to defeat Bulgaria’s Elitsa Kostova in the women’s final 3-6, 6-3, 7-5.

“Elitsa’s a big fighter and she’s a really good player so it was a really tough game,” Babos said.

“In the first set she played amazing tennis, but I was trusting more in my conditioning.

“I think I showed everyone this week that I have one of the best conditioning and that I’m probably the biggest fighter here.

“The basics for me just were to stay in the game, stay in the match and try to just get it to go longer and longer.”

The first set did not go Babos’s way, with the teenager making a number of unforced errors which resulted in her dropping her first service game.

Kostova, on the other hand, was outstanding in the first set, serving with power and returning the ball with finesse.

Kostova managed to break Babos’ serve again allowing the 20-year-old to take out the first set 6-3.

The tables turned in the second, with Babos picking up her game and controlling most of the play.

The Hungarian’s serve improved and she started taking her chances down the lines to run her opponent off the court.

Babos earned the early break in the deciding set after a string of uncharacteristic mistakes from Kostova.

However, Babos’ advantage did not last long with Kostova breaking back in the following game.

Kostova broke again in the ninth game to push her lead out to 5-4 and she looked likely to take out the title.

But Babos had other ideas. She pumped herself up and ran down every ball in the final two games to take out the final set 7-5.

Babos’ singles title caps off an impressive week of tennis for the teenager, who also took out the women’s doubles title with Great Britain’s Melanie South.

“It was a fantastic week for me. I beat so many good players and I also won the doubles, so it was the best end to finish the year,” she said.

“It was the best week for me, not just tennis wise but also just being here (in Bendigo) was fantastic. I really enjoyed it.”

Babos said the facilities at the event were some of the best she’s seen, especially when compared to her home town of Sopron in Hungary.

“The 30 courts here were fantastic because it meant we could always practice and always warm up,’’ she said.

“We’ve only got nine courts in Hungary, so it’s amazing to have so many here.

“It wasn’t just the tennis I enjoyed. The lake and the area around the courts was really fantastic.”

http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/

Old Dec 6th, 2010, 12:48 PM   #255
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has disabled reputation

ITF.2010.Bendigo.WS.Final.Babos.vs.Kostova.ENG
dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote