Babos Timea - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 15th, 2010, 10:40 AM   #151
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future
Re: Babos Timea

Timea Babos (HUN) [3] d. Sofiya Kovalets (UKR) 6-1 6-2

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 15th, 2010, 02:36 PM   #152
country flag PerfectForm

PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future

Timea has got to be one of the nicest players I've ever met. I caught her watching Tiago's match out on court 1 and went up to her asking for a picture. I thought she would just say "ok" or something but to my surprise, she gave me a great big smile & said sure, then proceeded to make space for me to sit beside her for the picture.

After the picture, I told her good luck for her match tomorrow and congratulations on her Wimbledon doubles title with Sloane. Once again, she was really friendly and said thank you many times. With Monica suffering a surprise defeat, Timea has a really good chance of making finals.

Matchwise, Timea was just one step up for Sophia. She won easily even thought she made many silly errors like botched smashes, drive volleys & dropshots.

Morita. Pavlyuchenkova. Halep. Antoniychuk. Wozniacki. Vesnina. Chakvetadze. Jankovic. Ivanovic. Puig

Larcher D B. Diyas. Orlik. E Bogdan. Khromacheva. Ishizu. Kovalets. Kichenoks. Cepelova
PerfectForm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #153
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

Timea Babos (HUN) [3] d. Chantal Skamlova (SVK) 7-5 6-3

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #154
country flag PerfectForm

PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future PerfectForm has a brilliant future

Timi will have a tough match against Putinseva tomorrow. I supported Timi at her match today. After she won, I shouted from the sidelines, "bravo Timi". She looked around & spotted me & immediately smiled & said thank you. The pleasure of meeting her in person is all mine

Morita. Pavlyuchenkova. Halep. Antoniychuk. Wozniacki. Vesnina. Chakvetadze. Jankovic. Ivanovic. Puig

Larcher D B. Diyas. Orlik. E Bogdan. Khromacheva. Ishizu. Kovalets. Kichenoks. Cepelova
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #155
country flag Hakapeszi

Timea Babos (HUN) [3] d. Yulia Putintseva (RUS) 6-1 6-3

Old Aug 17th, 2010, 12:30 PM   #156
country flag Gregorio87

Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of

Wow, it's so good to come back home and see that Timi has such good results! A winnable semifinal in singles and they have a good shot in doubles too!
Thanks for the report Perfectform! Were you in the Putintseva match too?

Not a really good vid from the Kovalets match but here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/olympicsingap...10/DCzDiX03y3s
Gregorio87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #157
country flag PerfectForm

I didn't go today (thank god, it would have been hard for me to choose who to cheer as I've taken quite a fancy to Yulia after meeting her as well). But I will be there tomorrow cheering Timi on against Zheng!

it's surprising to see how easily she beat Yulia today, but Yulia has had problems in her last 2 matches, calling for the training for a thigh injury it seems. Timi's toughest match so far looks to have been the one with Chantal who was giving her alot of problems with good defense and attacking at the right moments. Timi was clearly frustrated in that match because of Chantal & the umpire as well. There were a few points that were called out by the umpire instead of the line judge & Timi was very vocal in her displeasure. At one point, she even shouted, "oh my god, you are a joke. That ball was MILES out.. miles out". Fiery Timi was pretty hot as well

Old Aug 17th, 2010, 01:47 PM   #158
country flag Gregorio87

Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of

Oh my I find her on court temperament funny, but if you play in the Youth Olympics in front of the ex Hungarian Olympic Commitee pres -the new president of Hungary, then you should be a bit more calmer.
I like when she is shouting for herself, even instructions, it helps her to not loose focus. But the complaining thing- the less the better.
And tomorrow really cheer for Timi! She will need it, the Chinese will have more support for sure
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #159
country flag PerfectForm

Actually, the Chinese girls didn't have much support except for their VERY vocal coach. Timi has the entire Hungarian team behind her. During all her matches so far, her coach, Mate & Marton were all there to cheer her on, constantly shouting "bravo, Timi". I'm sure the President understands as he spoke to Timea personally & seemed to have a good time. On a side note, Timi offcourt is totally different and seems to be a very popular player amongst the organizers as well. On the way back to the locker room, one of the officials saw her & asked her if she won. She smiled & said yes and even hi-fived him

How should I say "come on" in Hungarian? I could use it tomorrow

Old Aug 17th, 2010, 04:28 PM   #160
country flag mralas

mralas is a splendid one to behold mralas is a splendid one to behold mralas is a splendid one to behold mralas is a splendid one to behold mralas is a splendid one to behold mralas is a splendid one to behold mralas is a splendid one to behold mralas is a splendid one to behold mralas is a splendid one to behold mralas is a splendid one to behold mralas is a splendid one to behold

come on = hajrá in HUngarian...
mralas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 04:48 PM   #161
country flag PerfectForm

Thanks Mralas... is it pronounced as "ha" as in "haha" with a J sound then "ra" as in "rah" like Haj-ra or is it Ha-jra?

Old Aug 17th, 2010, 04:50 PM   #162
country flag PerfectForm

opps, apparently its pronounced as "hoi-rah" ? (http://www.forvo.com/word/hajrá/)

Old Aug 17th, 2010, 08:25 PM   #163
country flag Hakapeszi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectForm View Post
opps, apparently its pronounced as "hoi-rah" ? (http://www.forvo.com/word/hajrá/)
The woman pronounces it right.

Old Aug 18th, 2010, 01:55 PM   #164
country flag Gregorio87

Saisai Zheng (CHN) d. Timea Babos (HUN) [3] 6-4 6-1

What was that?

If she doesn't win the bronze...
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 01:58 PM   #165
country flag wateva

wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute wateva has a reputation beyond repute

i went for YOG with the aim of seeing timea live or even in person. but i missed her for both days! (had to work and by evening she was gone)

For the latest match previews and analysis, follow my blog: http://wonderfulwta.blogspot.com/
wateva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote