NCAA team brackets - 2009 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 11th, 2009, 12:16 AM   #31
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: NCAA team brackets - 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis_pIayer View Post
Niculescu is suspended from the team b/c she was using the team phone to make tons of calls to romania, thousands of dollars worth over the past year and half. this was found during an audit.
Last year the operating budget for USC's women's tennis was about $293,000. UCLA and Stanford were only around $175,00. It all makes sense now.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2009, 01:31 AM   #32
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Does that mean Fink is out of NCAA doubles as well? Her partner is Niculescu.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 04:43 AM   #33
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
Cal is going to need to show its singles strength, dropping the doubles point to Texas. I know Texas has injuries to their number one, but I can't understand why they underperformed so much this year. I expected them to me much better this year. It'll be interesting if they could put it together when Ellis joins them next year.
I was there yesterday, Tennisace, and Cal's singles lineup is pretty solid from top to bottom. If Jana Juricova ever gets in shape, she WILL win the NCAA singles championship before she graduates.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 05:01 PM   #34
country flag barboza

barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future

You all are underestimating Stanford.. I think they can make a run here - apparently, they were really, really sharp against No. 25 LSU. I think that Duke has a very strong lineup this year and they'll reach final four at least. UCLA and USC will be up there if they can get themselves together.
barboza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 05:10 PM   #35
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

USC dumped.... they did not make the Sweet 16.... lost to UW

UCLA is massively overrated... and if they were playing Remynse at #1 they'd be even less likely to advance. UCLA dumps in first round.

Georgia & Duke are my picks.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #36
country flag barboza

barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future

Wow, sucks for USC to lose so early, seeing that they won PAC10 title.. they also lost to UC Irvine in the NCAA title matches in women's water polo and men's volleyball against UCLA and UC Irvine respectively this past weekend.

UCLA lost two really good players, Riza Zalameda and Tracy Lin. Both UCLA and USC are playing at the same level in terms of strength.

What happened to Niculescu? I know she made overseas calls using the team phone, but isn't it really stupid of the coach to not let her play because of that? I think that they could have avoided NCAA compliance and worked something else out..
barboza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 08:17 PM   #37
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

It looks like Fink/Niculescu are out of doubles. There were two pullouts although I can't confirm who as Cossou/Ilcinkas are now in the doubles main draw (they were second on the alternates list, Bek/Hadziselimovic are also in).
Old May 11th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #38
country flag form

Niculescu is a huge NCAA violation... HUGE... she has big eligibility issues and school could face sanctions for letting kids use school phones. Added benefit violation is a big one the NCAA does not take lightly too. They should hope they don't have to vacate their other wins and Pac10 title too.

And every student athlete is made aware of those kinds of violations every year and not to do them. So this one was no choice for USC.

Question will be what future changes/sanctions all the USC sports may face if kids had access to school phones for private use. Big boner.
Old May 12th, 2009, 07:07 AM   #39
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Niculescu is a huge NCAA violation... HUGE... she has big eligibility issues and school could face sanctions for letting kids use school phones. Added benefit violation is a big one the NCAA does not take lightly too. They should hope they don't have to vacate their other wins and Pac10 title too.

And every student athlete is made aware of those kinds of violations every year and not to do them. So this one was no choice for USC.

Question will be what future changes/sanctions all the USC sports may face if kids had access to school phones for private use. Big boner.
She should be thrown off the team. She new what the rules were and violated them anyways!
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2009, 02:34 PM   #40
country flag form

Rumor has it that may have already happened. Question is what happens to USC per 'how does a Student/Athlete get that kind of access and repeated access without getting caught?'
Old May 13th, 2009, 04:52 AM   #41
Tennisace

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Rumor has it that may have already happened. Question is what happens to USC per 'how does a Student/Athlete get that kind of access and repeated access without getting caught?'
Will USC lose her scholarship (i.e. have to play with seven next year) or can they bring in an additional recruit to take her place?
Old May 13th, 2009, 04:32 PM   #42
country flag form

They should be able to replace. Danielle Lao has committed for a year from now (taking a year off)... or Allie Will is still listing USC as an option.... or ? USC never ever lacks for options. The SoCal kids alone line up 20 deep.
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:03 PM   #43
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

I've been critical of Thornqvist all season, but I was impressed with the way his team stepped up this weekend. Credit to those players for playing through injuries and tough times this season to get the team to College Station. Boonstra is just at another level this season, tremendous improvement from her to be so successful at #1. Mather and Alexander have come so far from the start of the season and Revzina keeps battling through injuries and is really trying. I think they kind of relish being the underdog, something Florida historically has rarely been.

Memo to FSU, when you beat a team for the first time in 49 tries, don't get so cocky. The UF players used the FSU blogs as serious motivation. FSU was blogging about Gainesville just being a stop on the way to College Station and how friends and family weren't coming to Gainesville, they'd see the players in College Station. Interesting how the blogs stopped once they lost.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:08 PM   #44
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Can you please post a link to these blogs?
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:32 PM   #45
country flag taevaughn

taevaughn is a name known to all taevaughn is a name known to all taevaughn is a name known to all taevaughn is a name known to all taevaughn is a name known to all taevaughn is a name known to all taevaughn is a name known to all taevaughn is a name known to all taevaughn is a name known to all taevaughn is a name known to all taevaughn is a name known to all

i think it's these blogs - http://www.ncaa.com/sports/w-tennis/...nnis-body.html
taevaughn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote