NCAA team brackets - 2009 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 30th, 2009, 11:35 PM   #16
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice
Re: NCAA team brackets - 2009

Looking at the right side of the brackets, the host teams definitely got the easier draws then the left side. Tennessee can sleepwalk though their matches. Same with Arkansas. These teams seeded 10 and 14 got easier draws then some of the top seeds. Thats why I think the NCAA did'nt do a good job this year putting these draws together. It was all about location! The only possible upsets I see in the regional's are North Carolina over Clemson, Vanderbilt over Fresno State, Arizona State over UCLA and Michigan over Notre Dame(see post 14 for explanation).
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 6th, 2009, 12:56 PM   #17
tennis_pIayer

tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all

florida st will beat florida for sure!
tennis_pIayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 06:04 AM   #18

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

My picks and upsets for the Women's NCAA's

In the regional's: I see 3 possible upsets:
Vanderbilt over Fresno State: Fresno St struggled to beat Boise St in their WAC conference championship and Vanderbilt is more war tested playing in the SEC.
Florida State over Florida: Florida State beat Florida earlier this Spring and I think they will win in a very good match.
Michigan over Notre Dame: Michigan and Notre Dame have split their last two matches. This year Notre Dame beat Michigan 4-3 in a very close match at Notre Dame that could have gone either way.

In the Quarters:
In the first quarter, Northwestern has been #1 all year and I think will knock off Cal.
In the second quarter, I think Baylor is the strongest and will win.
In the third quarter, I think Miami will beat Duke in a close match.
In the fourth quarter, I think Georgia will beat USC.

In the Semis:
I'm picking Baylor to upset Northwestern and Georgia to beat Miami both matches being close.

In the Finals:
I'm picking Georgia to beat Baylor in finals
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:17 PM   #19
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

USC will dump sooner... Niculescu is out for some NCAA reason so they lose their # 4 singles and a super good doubles pairing... ouch
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 09:55 PM   #20
country flag form

Predicted Texas would handle Pepperdine (who should have lost to LB had someone not got hurt in warm ups)

Princeton fell short against the 'chess pieces' known as FIU. Utterly amazing that line up (love how the girl that played # 1 vs LB is at # 5 now. hmmmmmm)

Denver ended with a thud. Thought they were better than that.

Sac State posts some points of Michigan... their mid season injury screwed up a good chunk of the west coast rankings (UCI, SDSU, USD, UA) ... That match could be very good for Michigan though as they get an excellent tune up for ND ... who got a light work out vs UIC

My match to watch tomorrow is ASU vs UNLV.... ASU is two completely different teams. At home on the slowest courts every built (almost as slow as clay) they are tough. On the road, not so much. UNLV is likely not deep enough but you never know with ASU having to play on faster courts. Just a thought.
Old May 9th, 2009, 03:34 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Predicted Texas would handle Pepperdine (who should have lost to LB had someone not got hurt in warm ups)

Princeton fell short against the 'chess pieces' known as FIU. Utterly amazing that line up (love how the girl that played # 1 vs LB is at # 5 now. hmmmmmm)

Denver ended with a thud. Thought they were better than that.

Sac State posts some points of Michigan... their mid season injury screwed up a good chunk of the west coast rankings (UCI, SDSU, USD, UA) ... That match could be very good for Michigan though as they get an excellent tune up for ND ... who got a light work out vs UIC

My match to watch tomorrow is ASU vs UNLV.... ASU is two completely different teams. At home on the slowest courts every built (almost as slow as clay) they are tough. On the road, not so much. UNLV is likely not deep enough but you never know with ASU having to play on faster courts. Just a thought.
Form, you are so right about Arizona State's courts. They are actually the worst courts in the country to play on. More sprained ankles and knees from visiting players there then anywhere else. I know many players that have complained about the surface. If you have ever played on them you will know what I mean.
Old May 9th, 2009, 03:40 AM   #22

Players at Princeton women's team should be so embarrased! So many blue chip players on this team and they play like 3-star players. Coach should be replaced for doing such a poor with all the talent they have.
Old May 9th, 2009, 07:41 PM   #23
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
#25 LSU def. #50 Long Beach St. 4-0

1. Falcon (LSU) def. 6-1, 6-2
2. Hedberg (LSU) def. Manasse DNF
3. Wolf (LSU) def. Armstrong 6-3, 6-3
4. Kantor (LSU) leading Dallara 6-4, 5-2
5. Robinson (LSU) leading Luzar 6-3, 3-1
6. Spencer (LSU) def. Sutton 6-3, 6-1

1. Falcon/Hedberg (LSU) def. Armstrong/Sutton 8-0
2. Dallara/Manasse (LBS) def. 8-6
3. Kantor/Spencer (LSU) def. Grady/Luzar 9-8

Wow LSU just DESTROYED Long Beach St.

Long Beach St. tried to sandbag LSU. Grady who has played 70 career matches at #1 doubles was switched to #3 doubles. It almost worked but didn't.

But as good as Grady was she couldn't overcome the mistakes of Luzar. Grady would win most of the points while Luzar would make most of the errors.
1. Luzar was serving 7-7 and was broken thanks in part to Luzar serving 3 double faults in 1 game.
2. After 8-8 they played a tie-breaker which LSU won 8-6 thanks largely to at least 3 unforced errors Luzar made. OUCH!

Last edited by gouci : May 9th, 2009 at 08:42 PM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #24
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Cal is going to need to show its singles strength, dropping the doubles point to Texas. I know Texas has injuries to their number one, but I can't understand why they underperformed so much this year. I expected them to me much better this year. It'll be interesting if they could put it together when Ellis joins them next year.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 08:52 PM   #25

Illinois upsets Vanderbilt 4-3. Went down to 3 set tie breaker
Old May 10th, 2009, 02:07 AM   #26
country flag jlk561

jlk561 is an unknown quantity at this point

Way to go Fighting Irish! Great Job!! I'm glad johnnytennis missed this pick.
Great win for Illinois against Vandy!!
Great coaching on both teams!!!
jlk561 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 06:27 PM   #27
country flag form

Gouci... destroyed, really?

Ok, keep dreamin.

Jealous eh? he he he he he he he..
Old May 10th, 2009, 11:22 PM   #28
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Washington bounces USC, 7-6 in the third at the top court to win 4-3. Kudos for Washington who took advantage, but really USC has underperformed for two years now.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #29
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Huge shocker there for USC, but Washington has a solid team this year. Really sad for Fink in her senior season, though, so I hope she can put together nice performances in singles and doubles. Where was Niculescu for this round and the last match? With her the Trojans surely would have won. I'm sad, but I'm also relieved that Georgia's path to the semi's is now substantially easier.
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 11:57 PM   #30
tennis_pIayer

tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Huge shocker there for USC, but Washington has a solid team this year. Really sad for Fink in her senior season, though, so I hope she can put together nice performances in singles and doubles. Where was Niculescu for this round and the last match? With her the Trojans surely would have won. I'm sad, but I'm also relieved that Georgia's path to the semi's is now substantially easier.
Niculescu is suspended from the team b/c she was using the team phone to make tons of calls to romania, thousands of dollars worth over the past year and half. this was found during an audit. What a great person. give her a college scholarship, free schooling, board, food, etc, and she takes full advantage and doesn't let anyone down. Pathetic. even at the #1, usc could've won as she was up 5-2 1 break, but the wash #1 is too steely. ramos really laid a bomb in her match at #4 as the talent level coming out of hs is so much higher from her. USC underperforms every year b/c the coach is not good
tennis_pIayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote