NCAA team brackets - 2009 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 28th, 2009, 10:37 PM   #1
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
NCAA team brackets - 2009

The sites and pairings have been announced!

NCAA team brackets
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 28th, 2009, 11:06 PM   #2
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Potential 1st round upsets

#41 Pepperdine vs #31 Texas

#42 Princeton vs #29 Florida International

#38 Denver vs #21 Mississippi

#58 Sacramento St. vs #17 Michigan
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 11:32 PM   #3
country flag gouci

#25 LSU vs #50 Long Beach St.

This is a rematch from last year where LSU defeated Long Beach St. 6-1 on the road.

SINGLES
1. #8 Megan Falcon, LSU def. Hannah Grady, LBSU 7-6, 3-6, 6-3
2. Mykala Hedberg, LSU def. Deborah Armstrong, LBSU 6-4, 6-0
3. Tiffany Tucker, LSU def. Stephanie Bengson, LBSU, 6-4, 6-2
4. Nicole Kantor, LSU def. Stephanie Jeanes, LBSU 4-6, 7-6, 7-5
5. Hannah Robinson, LSU def. Jessica Weeks, LBSU 6-3, 7-5
6. Staten Spencer, LSU def. Lisa Sutton, LBSU 6-0, 6-3

DOUBLES
1. Bengson/Grady, LBSU def. Tucker/Falcon, LSU 8-3
2. #30 Spencer/Hedberg, LSU def. Jeanes/Weeks, LBSU 8-6
3. Armstrong/Lisa Sutton, LBSU def. Anastaslya Dubova/Robinson, LSU, 2-1, retired

LSU has 5 of 6 players from last year playing in the rematch while LBS has 4 of 7 players back.
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 11:56 PM   #4
tennis_pIayer

tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all
Re: NCAA team brackets - 2009

I see Kal upsetting NW in rd of 16. also see stanford upsetting baylor. Duke against miai will be big! the winner going to final. USc against Georgia is good. remath that Georgia won first 4-3 but i see Sc winning this time arond
1/4:
Kal against NW
Sanford against Notre dae
Duke aginst iai
Sc aginst georgia
1/2: Kal against stanford
Duke against Sc
Kal against Duke for final
tennis_pIayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 12:21 AM   #5
country flag form

form has disabled reputation
Re: #25 LSU vs #50 Long Beach St.

ACTUALLY LB IS WITHOUT THEIR 2, 4 AND 5 FROM LAST YEAR... LSU RETURNS 1,2,3,5 AND 6. LSU HEAVILY FAVORED. (note: Weeks is out of NCAA's; LB's ex # 5 from last year who has not played singles this year)

FIU should lose but I don't know much about Princeton... Ivy not good... but FIU lost to 56 Irvine and should have lost to 50 LB had they not choked up against the stack (FIU 1 playing LB 2, FIU 5 playing LB 1 conceding, etc...) FIU coach jockey's her line up so illegally... will depend what they let her get away with. FIU IS THE MOST OVERRATED TEAM IN THE NATION thanks to her line up looking like a Vegas Keno game.

Texas will win... Pepp lost to SDSU and was about to lose to LB if LB's # 4 doesn't face plant the grandstand in warm ups... she's 20-3 this year. LB ended up dropping the match 4-3 but had to slide 5, 6 and a rarely used injured 7 into the line up. Conceded far to much at the bottom. Pepp will lose.

Sac State v Michigan is the exactly correct seed.... Michigan is the HIGHEST RANKED # 2 seed and Sac State is the LOWEST RANKED # 3 seed. That is actually correct.

Now that I see they have changed travel rule.... when that eliminated a 5th California regional, they move this match elsewhere.

Fresno at Illinois is a bit more perplexing. Why wasn't Fresno sent to Michigan instead. That is where the 16-17 match up is supposed to play?

Last edited by form : Apr 29th, 2009 at 12:38 AM.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 12:23 AM   #6
country flag form

Tennis_player.... I can't argue any of that. Upper mid west teams tend to struggle outdoors. And Cal is just coming healthy so vastly underrated. Georgia-USC maybe.... but I can work with your predictions.
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 01:45 AM   #7
tennis_pIayer

tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all

why do ethey struggle so? the wind? the sun? the speed?
tennis_pIayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #8
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

umiami has a decent shot of causing some upsets late in the tournament imo
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 06:35 PM   #9
country flag form

Indoor tennis is much different. The surface, the sound, the weather/wind. Massively different feel. That is why you see snow belt teams take those long spring break trips to get their outdoor games going. And huge advantage to an indoor team facing a typically outdoor team indoors.

Note how the ITA Indoors often is not an indicator of the NCAA's winner.
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 08:32 PM   #10
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice
Re: Potential 1st round upsets

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
#41 Pepperdine vs #31 Texas

#42 Princeton vs #29 Florida International

#38 Denver vs #21 Mississippi

#58 Sacramento St. vs #17 Michigan
Wow! It's obvious, most that post here are pretty west coast bias on the teams they are pulling for. All three of the above will lose to the better ranked team. In regards to Michigan being upset by Sac. State, thats a ridiculous pick and not worth even commenting on.
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 08:35 PM   #11
country flag form

Not sure I see where someone said Mich would lose to Sac State.... ND yes but no way Sac State

FIU I've seen... over rated

Pepp I've seen... will likely lose though Texas is not a lot either

Denver is really good... took a tough conference loss without their # 1 so under ranked
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 08:43 PM   #12

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

look at the 2nd post
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 08:57 PM   #13
country flag form

Same guy that thought # 90 in doubles gets you into tourney and a number of other no clue predictions. No worries....

But Michigan got royally screwed by this seeding... they should be seeing Fresno in second round... and they would win that match.
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 09:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Same guy that thought # 90 in doubles gets you into tourney and a number of other no clue predictions. No worries....

But Michigan got royally screwed by this seeding... they should be seeing Fresno in second round... and they would win that match.
You are so correct! Since when does a 17th ranked play a 5th ranked team in the same regional. Normally they will go with a 17 against a 14 or 15. I am sure Notre Dame isn't happy about it either. Michigan in their last 2 matches against them have either beaten Notre Dame or lost to them 4-3 in a 3 set tiebreaker earlier in the season at Notre Dame. The 2 schools are 2 1/2 hours away from each other so it was the almighty buck that put them in the same bracket to save a couple cents!
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 09:12 AM   #15
country flag gouci

Re: Potential 1st round upsets

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytennis View Post
Wow! It's obvious, most that post here are pretty west coast bias on the teams they are pulling for. All three of the above will lose to the better ranked team. In regards to Michigan being upset by Sac. State, thats a ridiculous pick and not worth even commenting on.
johnnytennis the title of my post says potential 1st round upsets not predicted 1st round upsets. I was just pointing out some of the 1st round matches between teams that I think are likely evenly matched. It's going to be fun to follow the outcome of those matches and see if an upset results.

My post has nothing to do with west coast bias and has more to do with myself knowing a little about half of those teams listed and being knowledgeable on match results.

johnnytennis how many of those 8 teams did you have a chance to see in person? Well the team I follow, UC Irvine played FIU, Denver, Sac. St. and Pepperdine this season.

1. Texas did lose to William and Mary 3-4, a team Pepperdine defeated 5-2.

2. FIU did lose to #56 UCI and #67 Marshall so its not out of the question they can lose to #42 Princeton.

3. Denver has good doubles + good singles 4-6 and I think matches up well against a top of the line-up heavy Mississippi.

4. With Michigan I was just wondering which Sac. St. team will they get? The banged up version of Sac. St. that lost 0-7 to #60 San Diego or the healthy version that upset #32 Washington. Thinking about the line-ups Sac. St. is good in doubles and has 2 aces at the top of their line-up. If healthy they matchup not too badly against Michigan.

Last edited by gouci : Apr 30th, 2009 at 09:19 AM.