Marion in Stuttgart - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 26th, 2009, 05:56 PM   #1
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute
Marion in Stuttgart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] Dinara Safina (RUS) v Sara Errani (ITA)
Alize Cornet (FRA) v Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)
[Q] Qualifier (TBA) v [Q] Qualifier (TBA)
Aleksandra Wozniak (CAN) v [6] Agnieszka Radwanska (POL)

[3] Jelena Jankovic (SRB) v Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)
[WC] Sabine Lisicki (GER) v Patty Schnyder (SUI)
Flavia Pennetta (ITA) v Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)
Jie Zheng (CHN) v [7] Nadia Petrova (RUS)

[5] Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) v [Q] Qualifier (TBA)
Shuai Peng (CHN) v Na Li (CHN)
Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK) v Gisela Dulko (ARG)
Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP) v [4] Victoria Azarenka (BLR)

[8] Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) v Iveta Benesova (CZE)
Marion Bartoli (FRA) v [Q] Qualifier (TBA)
Agnes Szavay (HUN) v Ai Sugiyama (JPN)
[WC] Anna-Lena Groenefeld (GER) v [2] Elena Dementieva (RUS)

Awful, awful draw

Zvonareva Kleybanova Mattek-Sands

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Koukalova Errani

Baltacha (RIP) Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 27th, 2009, 01:25 AM   #2
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marion in Stuttgart

is there such a thing as a good draw here? Its clay and a tier I, so marion was never going to be a hot favorite to win.
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 07:30 AM   #3
country flag Inktrailer

Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of

Hope for a bit of luck here I think, Marion's record against Caro is poor, but if Benesova can pull off a win against her, then perhaps Marion can advance there. Only to meet Dementieva

Vika Azarenka // Shahar Peer // Virginie Razzano // Caro Wozniacki// Flavia Pennetta

Elena Baltacha // Katie O'Brien // Anne Keothavong // Sarah Borwell // Melanie South // Naomi Cavaday

Tipping Titles 2010: Miami, Rome, Eastbourne, Stanford
Inktrailer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 04:00 PM   #4
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

No joy intrailer, Caro in straight sets.

But like Alicia Rocks says, everything here is a tough draw, cos Stuttgart remains one of those wee posh elite tournaments featuring a strong dense 32 player main draw. But Marion is a good player too.
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 06:25 PM   #5
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Had a look over at the Stuttgart threads in that prediction game, everyone predicting Sprem over Marion. They will get a shock.
Ferg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 07:54 PM   #6
country flag Inktrailer

Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of

YEah, Caro in straight, but on the plus side she wasn't entirely convincing. The field for Stuttgart is really good, I hope Marion can go far and shut people up for a little while.

Vika Azarenka // Shahar Peer // Virginie Razzano // Caro Wozniacki// Flavia Pennetta

Elena Baltacha // Katie O'Brien // Anne Keothavong // Sarah Borwell // Melanie South // Naomi Cavaday

Old Apr 28th, 2009, 08:43 PM   #7
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

I was a wee bit surprised to find that they had Sprem marginal favorite/

Marion 1/1 evens. Sprem 8/11.
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 08:56 PM   #8
country flag Inktrailer

Wow, her match wasn't on this morning when I was looking at the odds, Marion at Evens would have been a great price! I HOPE anyway, looks like this may go to a third set.

Old Apr 28th, 2009, 09:42 PM   #9
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

6-3, 2-6, 6-1.
Ferg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 09:56 PM   #10
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Nice

Every win on clay is good to take before Roland-Garros. She won't face players like Wozniacki in the first round so that's very interesting that she is beating such opponents relatively easily. Well, in the perspective of a 3rd round, I mean. I obviously expect and hope for more .
It's time to see if Caro is due to be a Zvonareva for Marion. It's hard to break her consistency and probably even harder on clay. At least it is indoors so there is no reason for Marion's serve to not work... Allez!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #11
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Marion.

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2009, 10:15 PM   #12
country flag Inktrailer

Good good good, she came back convincingly to win. Caro next, I think it's about time for this head-to-head record to swing in Marion's favour!

Old Apr 28th, 2009, 10:33 PM   #13
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
Nice

Every win on clay is good to take before Roland-Garros. She won't face players like Wozniacki in the first round so that's very interesting that she is beating such opponents relatively easily. Well, in the perspective of a 3rd round, I mean. I obviously expect and hope for more .
It's time to see if Caro is due to be a Zvonareva for Marion. It's hard to break her consistency and probably even harder on clay. At least it is indoors so there is no reason for Marion's serve to not work... Allez!
Well,if Caro IS to be another Zvonareva for our Queen,then that means that Marion must beat her AT LEAST once...as she did in the Auckland 2006 final against Vera.On grass,I'd like Marion's chances okay...on CLAY,well...is Verdasco anywhere nearby??Perhaps too much late night carousing with her older bf will take an infatuated Caro's mind off the match.Regardless,Sprem beat Marion at Wimbledon 2006 one year prior to the Dream Grass Season,so there was a smidge of vindication todayVAMONOS,MARION!!

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion

Last edited by bruce goose : Apr 28th, 2009 at 10:34 PM. Reason: extras
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 02:41 PM   #14
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

When a journalist asked Marion to know if she's really fearing Caroline, she said "I've no problems with her game. It's just that when I played vs her, I wasn't competitive".

It's time for Marion to show her real level.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 02:30 AM   #15
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

lol like marion would ever say she was scared of anyone!

i just pray she somehow pulls off a win..I need it with all my favs sucking right now.