If you could add ONE weapon or attribute to Makiri's game... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: If you could add ONE weapon or attribute to makiri's game...

Big Forehand 0 0%
Big Backhand 1 5.56%
Big Serve/ Second Serve 5 27.78%
Return of Service 0 0%
Physical Stamina/ Strength 1 5.56%
Mental Toughness 10 55.56%
Foot Speed on Court 1 5.56%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 24th, 2009, 03:04 PM   #1
country flag Kirilenko_Kamp

Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold
If you could add ONE weapon or attribute to Makiri's game...

As all of you know, Makiri is lacking that one big weapon that the other girls have in their game. Of course, if beauty could kill, she would win all the tourneys she entered!!! Seriously though, if you could just pick ONE weapon or attribute, what would it be???

a) Big Forehand
b) Big Backhand
c) Big Serve
d) Strong Return of Serve
e) Physical Stamina/Strength
f) Mental Toughness
g) Foot Speed
i) Other
Kirilenko_Kamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 24th, 2009, 05:29 PM   #2
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If you could add ONE weapon or attribute to Makiri's game...

Where would consistency fall? Under mental toughness or other?
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #3
SOA_MC

SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute SOA_MC has a reputation beyond repute

I'll go with serve. It is the WTA after all

Look at what having a big serve does for players like Serena, Venus, Pova (uninjured) and Ana (when she was good)
SOA_MC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #4
country flag Kiriber
I'm a monster I'm a killer I know I'm wrong

Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold Kiriber is a splendid one to behold

I voted mental. I think that would help her win a lot of close matches where she just kind of falls apart.
Kiriber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 02:10 AM   #5
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

Mental toughness for sure. Always felt it was the main thing holding her back.

Last edited by Nikkiri : Apr 25th, 2009 at 02:23 AM.
Nikkiri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 10:00 AM   #6
country flag bad_angel_109

bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute

i was gonna vote for mental toughness, but then i reckon if she had a bigger/better serve, and she'd win some more points and rallys then it would def help with her confidence and perhaps her mental toughness

twitter
AO pics on tumblr
bad_angel_109 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 12:22 PM   #7
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

If she had a bigger serve she'd probably just df on big points without mental toughness
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 12:53 PM   #8
country flag only_one_maria

only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold only_one_maria is a splendid one to behold

Mental toughness for me. She'll never be a ballbasher, but I don't think she lacks the power to compete with top players. She could maybe improve her forehand a bit from what I've seen, but really her game is good on a technical level.

Goonies never say die!
only_one_maria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 03:07 PM   #9
country flag Kirilenko_Kamp

Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold Kirilenko_Kamp is a splendid one to behold

I picked mental toughness also. I believe if Makiri has the right POSITIVE mindset everytime she steps onto the court, she could overcome the weaknesses she has in her game.
Kirilenko_Kamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 10:41 AM   #10
country flag bad_angel_109

bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute bad_angel_109 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkiri. View Post
If she had a bigger serve she'd probably just df on big points without mental toughness
good point

twitter
AO pics on tumblr
bad_angel_109 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #11
country flag Crank

Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all Crank is a name known to all

Physical atribute !
Crank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2009, 10:00 PM   #12
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

I chose mental toughness because Makiri has always lacked mental toughness and that has cost her so many matches in her career.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote