Marion confirmed for Rome and Madrid. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 08:23 PM   #1
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute
Marion confirmed for Rome and Madrid.

So shes playing 3 tournaments in a row, no sign about Strasbourg yet and honestly i hope she doesnt play there so as she can have a good week of rest before the FO rather then playing for 5 straight weeks on her least favourite surface. Then the clay season will be over thank god. Then onto grass and hard where i think she will pass over 50 wins this year granted nothing happens to her. She has 1 win from Berlin, 1 from Rome and then nothing else until Eastbourne. I hope she does well, and i think she'll do great again at Wimbledon this year.

Last edited by Ferg : Apr 23rd, 2009 at 09:30 PM.
Ferg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 09:05 PM   #2
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future
Re: Marion confirmed for Rome and Madrid.

First of all, Stuttgart as "Marquee player" for Europe.

Strasbourg entry list is available. 1st seed is AMG (last winner) : http://www.internationaux-strasbourg.fr/.

With 3 tournaments in a row to play, it will be surprising that Marion asks for a WC. Moreover, Strasbourg is now managed by fft. On my opinion, they would ask Amélie or Alizé to play.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 03:00 PM   #3
country flag Tennisking5

Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all Tennisking5 is a name known to all

I'm pretty happy about where marion stands in the Rome draw. i dont know about you guys, but i sure wouldnt want her in either one of the williams sisters part of the draw. Ivanovic has been playing poorly, safina is only starting to come on again, vera is coming off of a recent injury, and jelena hasnt been playing top form even though shes still in suttgart and won that recent tourny. Petrova is beatable and marion is playing, espeically after this stuttgart open, like a top 10 player so i believe she'll do well in Rome like she did in Stuttgart. She almost beat elena and i would love to see how she can do against safina.

Starting with R1, peng i dont see as too much of a threat. Marion makes me nervous with first rounds and i feel like after that she's fine. she just needs to pull through and hit through the ball. we all know shes the better two handed player over peng.
R2 will probably be amelie which is no surprise. Marion now has the upper hand and she be fine. Once shes in the groove and after playing well this past week i have confidence she;ll do well against her. Amelie has surprises and can play with the ball so marion should be ready for short balls, lobby forehands, and a ton of slices. personally, i dislike amelies game, it looks weak to me.

we'll see what happens and good luck marion, stay healthy

DEMENTIEVA KUZNETSOVA

PETKOVIC LISICKI

GO GERMANY, RUSSIA, CROATIA, & SLOVENIJA
Tennisking5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 08:15 PM   #4
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

There is no reason to lose to Peng. I don't know how the rest of you feel, but to me, she is just an inferior version of Marion.

Amelie in r2 could be a very tough match though.

Zvonareva Kleybanova Mattek-Sands

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Koukalova Errani

Baltacha (RIP) Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 08:52 PM   #5
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Go Marion!!!!

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 01:18 PM   #6
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Marion won't play Strasbourg for sure. She prefers to practice very hard in Roland Garros with very good players as she said in "l'équipe" from this morning.

I hope a very interesting Marion-Momo in Roma R2.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 08:38 PM   #7
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the second set of Marion/Lena. It was really great tennis. I forgot how much I love watching Marion on clay, since rallies are longer, her grunt becomes louder... it makes things so dramatic!!!!! You have to love her for being such a fighter!
Rome's draw is looking fine with many serious tests like Mauresmo or Suarez Navarro. Interesting to see if Marion can beat real claycourters...

First Peng. The last time they played on red clay Baba gave up. So time for revenge, allez!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 01:17 AM   #8
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Sunday OOP:
CAMPO 1
start 1:00 pm

P Schnyder (SUI) vs [Q] M Duque Marino (COL)
F Schiavone (ITA) vs [Q] A Brianti (ITA)

Not Before 4:00 PM
[11] M Bartoli (FRA) vs S Peng (CHN)
A Mauresmo (FRA) vs M Martinez Sanchez (ESP)
Allez

Old May 3rd, 2009, 04:31 PM   #9
country flag hellas719

Marion d. Peng 63 76

Old May 3rd, 2009, 05:45 PM   #10
country flag JOCHEBEL

JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of JOCHEBEL has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Marion d. Peng 63 76
hellas719, the final score was 6-O 7-6 anyway, Marion was the winner

Next Oponent in Rome: Mauresmo or Martinez-Sanchez
Vakulenko · Muller · Santangelo · Bammer · Dulko · Bartoli · A.Bondarenko · Clisjters · Henin · Yakimova
FITD Estoril '09 Kuala Lumpur '11
JOCHEBEL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 09:00 PM   #11
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Good start! Glad she showed people who follow French tennis how to win a tie-break unlike Mauresmo. She could have still have made it quicker, I hope she finds a way of winning her matches in an hour. Well, that may be a bit too demanding ^^.
Interesting match next round against a serve and volley adept, Maria José Martinez Sanchez.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 09:23 PM   #12
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit about this next match. I've never seen Maria José Martinez play, and she's had some good clay results.

Zvonareva Kleybanova Mattek-Sands

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Koukalova Errani

Baltacha (RIP) Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 09:58 PM   #13
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
Good start! Glad she showed people who follow French tennis how to win a tie-break unlike Mauresmo. She could have still have made it quicker, I hope she finds a way of winning her matches in an hour. Well, that may be a bit too demanding ^^.
Interesting match next round against a serve and volley adept, Maria José Martinez Sanchez.
Indeed,Marion's first-ever matchup with MJMS should be an interesting one,Iceland.I'm not lamenting the fact that Marion won't face Mauresmo cuz Amelie isn't playing too well...and she'd pro'bly just try to steal Marion's glory by quitting and walking off the court as she did in Brisbane when she realized that Marion finally had her number

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2009, 11:52 AM   #14
country flag Lighter

Marion explained she had no time to practice in Roma. She was surprised to play so quickly on sunday.

So, no fears.
Old May 4th, 2009, 07:30 PM   #15
country flag hellas719

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOCHEBEL View Post
hellas719, the final score was 6-O 7-6 anyway, Marion was the winner

Next Oponent in Rome: Mauresmo or Martinez-Sanchez
Oops
I just woke up then, so I must've been tired