Current top 50 players who have yet to win a singles title... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 19th, 2009, 10:19 PM   #1
country flag hankqq

hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute
Current top 50 players who have yet to win a singles title...

After Lisicki's surprising run in Charleston this week, I thought it might interesting to look at the current top 50 players who have yet to win a singles title. I've ordered them by rank and noted the closest each has come to winning a title so far.

-#19 Cibulkova-2X finalist in 2008, in Amelia Island (losing to Sharapova) and Montréal (losing to Safina)

-#20 Kanepi-2X finalist; in Hasselt 2006 (losing to Clijsters) and Tokyo [Japan Open] 2008 (losing to Wozniacki).

-#26 Kleybanova-no finals or semifinals, but 3 quarterfinals in 2008 (Antwerp, Fès and Eastbourne)

-#27 Suarez Navarro-finalist in Marbella 2009 (losing to Jankovic)

-#30 Pavlyuchenkova-no finals, but reached the semis of IW 2009

-#32 Stosur-4X finalist; in Gold Coast (losing to Schnyder)and Sydney 2005 (losing to Molik), in Prague 2006 (losing to Peer) and in Seoul 2008 (losing to Kirilenko)

-#35 Peng-3X finalist; in Strasbourg 2006 (losing to Vaidisova), Forest Hills 2008 (losing to Safarova) and Guangzhou 2008 (losing to Zvonareva)

-#38 Mattek-finalist in Québec City 2008 (losing to Petrova)

-#46 Rybarikova-no finals but 3 semifinals (Tashkent in 2008; Hobart and Pattaya City in 2009)

-#47 Pironkova-no finals but 5 semifinals (Istanbul and Palermo in 2005; Stockholm in 2006, Stockholm in 2007 and Istanbul in 2008)

-#48 Makarova-no finals or semifinals but 3 quarterfinals (Eastbourne, Forest Hills and Seoul in 2008)

as it stands now, I would think both Cibulkova and Suarez Navarro could bag their 1st titles during the clay season (perhaps Fes or Strasbourg?), Kleybanova and Kanepi could do damage on grass, and Pavlyuchenkova might do something during the summer hardcourt swing? 1 of these 5 seems likely to be the next 1st time singles title winner.
hankqq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 19th, 2009, 10:19 PM   #2
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Current top 50 players who have yet to win a singles title...

Cibulkova? For real?

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2009, 10:22 PM   #3
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

Surprised that Cibulkova hasn't won a title yet. I thought she won one or two last yr but obviously not. Equally surprised that Kleybanova hasn't reached a final or semi.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2009, 10:40 PM   #4
country flag jonny84

jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quite a few surprises there when you think about it.

I can see Cibulkova and Suarez Navarro winning an International before the year is out probably on the European clay. Kanepi I can see winning Osaka or Seoul. Not sure if the newer Top50s will win one this year, but who knows?
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 01:40 AM   #5
country flag Zauber

Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of Zauber has much to be proud of

the best of that bunch is pavlyuchenkova
I hope she will keep improving if she does she will go pretty high.
I have to watch her again to see if she has enough power.
well whatever my bandwangon is and will be Victoria Azarenka
she has movement strokes and power.
jumped on her wagon a year ago.
pavlyuchenkova is my second choice
love or hate that name?
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 01:55 AM   #6
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

I think Mattek served for the match in Quebec City.
She was the better player that day.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 01:55 AM   #7
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetssllim View Post
Surprised that Cibulkova hasn't won a title yet. I thought she won one or two last yr but obviously not. Equally surprised that Kleybanova hasn't reached a final or semi.
Me to . Nice post Hank
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 01:57 AM   #8
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Sam
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 02:04 AM   #9
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza View Post
Poor Sam
Yeah, Sam won't ever win a title. She just doesn't seem to believe she can do it once she gets that far. Interestingly, she won the first set in all four of her finals and went on to lose the match.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 02:21 AM   #10
country flag Pasta-Na

Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute

i hope shushu'll win one title in this year.

Asian-GOAT-Na Li: 11" FO & 14" AO champion + 11" & 13" AO runner-up + #2
Little-Jie(06" AO & Wim) + Pusher-Shu(13" Wim & 14" FO & WD#1) + Sucky Baby Golden Flowers.
Pasta-Na is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 02:26 AM   #11
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

Sammy ;(

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 07:01 AM   #12
country flag Daniel K

Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute

Wow at Kleybanova never making it to a semi-final ever! That's so weird for a top 30 player.
Hope Shuai or Samantha can get off this list soon.
Daniel K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 08:42 AM   #13
country flag cherboy

cherboy is a splendid one to behold cherboy is a splendid one to behold cherboy is a splendid one to behold cherboy is a splendid one to behold cherboy is a splendid one to behold cherboy is a splendid one to behold cherboy is a splendid one to behold cherboy is a splendid one to behold cherboy is a splendid one to behold cherboy is a splendid one to behold cherboy is a splendid one to behold

MAKAROVA!!!
How bad!!! No Final, no Semi... just three quarters... and top50?!

(NEW 93 Pierce vs Sabatini, 95 Pierce vs. Huber, 95 Lucic vs. Pierce, 98 Davenport vs. Seles, 99 Pierce vs. Martinez, 01 Davenport vs. Clijsters, 03 Davenport vs. Capriati, 08 Pennetta vs. Venus, 08 Bartoli vs. Davenport, 11 Bartoli vs. Serena, and many more)
TENNIS DVDs
cherboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 08:48 AM   #14
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Sam will never win a title, she doesn't believe she can.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 09:24 AM   #15
new-york
和平.

new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute

Cibulkova is really a surprise, and i thought Sam had some little tournament.