Alexandra Dulgheru!!! - Page 96 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 26th, 2011, 01:47 AM   #1426
country flag A-Chak

A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all A-Chak is a name known to all
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

Solid Alex
A-Chak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 27th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #1427
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

lost to Cabeza-Candela 5-7 3-6 *dead*

completely clueless, speakless and unable to realize the horrible theater performance I just saw. In the first few games, no first serve. Then error after error, an abysmal forehand, volleys in front of the empty field, miles in the out, no fight, no spirit...

And that last game...

I was so looking forward to the clay season after that run in Miami on Hard!! and now on her favourite surface clay, she is playing like she is taking the raquet for the first time. Maybe the bad loss against Maria is still stuck in her head or she tanked

I know that this would be a shame, but I can't believe that she can be so bad, really And she didn't enter the doubles this week which is also strange considering that she is actually always playing the doubles at smaller events...

Imagine she wouldn't have the points from Miami...
She would risk to drop the rankings by 30 places or so if she is keeping up with this form and she has loads to defend in the next few weeks...

But I really have to say that something was strange today. When she played the first point, I even had a bad feeling, but don't know. She didn't look well by any means...
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 01:21 PM   #1428
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Alex needs Warsaw back on the tour
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 06:57 PM   #1429
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

That's really a bad lose

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 08:32 AM   #1430
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

Prestatii penibile de la toate jucatoarele romance, mai ales Alexandra care joaca jalnic...deja mi s-a facut lehamite
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 09:50 AM   #1431
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI3N View Post
Prestatii penibile de la toate jucatoarele romance, mai ales Alexandra care joaca jalnic...deja mi s-a facut lehamite
Yesterday was really digusting. I'm still not able to realize what shitfest this was...

But every player has his/her bad days. That's the way it is. Maybe she was a bit too sloppy after her success in Miami and we shouldn't forget that she just changed coaches! She played more aggressive yesterday, but unfortunately without her famous consistency and rather as an unforced error machine. The serve was also a disaster and she couldn't cope with the windy weather conditions at all. Estrella held the ball in game and waited for an error which came very often especially on the net or on her forehand in general.

I really hope that this was just an off-day...

There are also rumours that she has tanked this match, but I can hardly believe that, though I have to admit that I kind of hope that...
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 10:20 AM   #1432
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

What's the reason she'd tank the match I couldn't watch the match, but I find it hard to believe. She hasn't played that much in the past weeks, so she's had time to train if that would be the reason, and she shouldn't be that tired physically either. Mentally idk, the loss to Sharapova was over a month ago, and it was her 3rd tournament since.

Anyway. This loss isn't worth remembering, just move on to Madrid and hopefully she'll do well there
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 10:57 AM   #1433
country flag Curcubeu

You should be happy for not watching it!

I don't know why there are some people who believe she tanked. Maybe because they also couldn't imagine how bad she can be on clay, like me.

But one thing is really strange! She didn't play doubles in Barcelona, though she has recently played doubles every week. Either she didn't feel fit enough or she didn't want to waste energy just before Madrid, or possibly both.

We will see! She has the third round to defend and I hope for a decent draw!
Old Apr 28th, 2011, 11:56 AM   #1434
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it was a horrible performance but I don't think it was a tank. I certainly hope it wasn't. I would lose a lot of respect for Alex is she really went out there without the desire to win. That would be very unlike the Alex I admire who has always seemed to approach her matches with the attitude of trying to play as well as she can.

We don't know the circumstances behind the match. Maybe Alex was feeling ill, maybe she was carrying an injury, maybe she had a headache, maybe a family member wasn't well and she was having trouble focusing on the match. Maybe she just had one of those days where nothing worked. Nobody's perfect. And in fairness, Alex hasn't been great in any of her prior claycourt matches this year so while this was the worst it wasn't as out of context as it would have been last year.

So far Alex has played two small and one medium sized clay events this year and not performed terribly well in any of them. The big events are now coming up. If Alex does well in those, this match will soon happily be forgotten. Let's just hope for the best.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Apr 28th, 2011 at 12:17 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #1435
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Madrid, Main draw:

[16]Kvitova vs Dulgheru
Q vs Q
Q vs Vesnina
Schnyder vs [2]Zvonareva

Probably the softest section of the draw, but that first round

Her luck could be that this will be Petra's first match on clay this season and she isn't the most talented mover and claycourter out there. Alexandra on the other side has to forget this horrible Cabeza disaster and should focus on her chances! Kvitova is the kind of player she likes to play most because she can build her game up from the defense!
If she advances, she will have the probably easiest second round match-up, but first she has to leave the court as a winner tomorrow!

She will play tomorrow 13:00 CET! Good luck!
Old Apr 30th, 2011, 12:24 PM   #1436
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

That first round

Old Apr 30th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #1437
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Madrid, Round 1:

(16)Petra Kvitova def. Alexandra Dulgheru 6:4 6:1

Yeah, it was a bad draw and she had an embarrassing performance 3 days ago, but this is pretty bad and humiliating as well, considering that Petra played her first match on clay and should have had some problems to adapt...

I didn't see the match, but she didn't take her BPs in the first set and in the second her serve stats went completely downhill...
If Petra hadn't coked her 5-1 lead in the first, it could have ended 6-1, 6-1 as well...

I don't know what she is doing at the moment and the problem is that we don't have any background information why her performances on clay are so devastating. I wish she could somehow untie the knot, but we must be patient!
Before Miami she was also in patheticly bad form, but managed a good run there.

She shouldn't give up!

Good luck in Rome!
Old Apr 30th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #1438
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Kvitova's whole purpose seems to be to beat my favs

Ah well, Alex better peak at RG.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2011, 04:34 PM   #1439
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Alex

Old May 7th, 2011, 04:31 PM   #1440
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Rom, Main Draw:

(6)Samantha Stosur (AUS) v BYE
Iveta Benesova (CZE) v Gisela Dulko (ARG)
Qualifier v Alexandra Dulgheru (ROU)
Maria Kirilenko (RUS) v (12) Andrea Petkovic (GER)

She has to win the first round here, please!
Then probably against Petkovic...

At least one thing is clear! Kvitova turned out to be a killer draw in round one and nearly everybody she played so far had massive problems against her, so no really shame in that, but now she has to come back in form again!