Alexandra Dulgheru!!! - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 23rd, 2009, 03:35 PM   #91
country flag Filipinos

Filipinos has much to be proud of Filipinos has much to be proud of Filipinos has much to be proud of Filipinos has much to be proud of Filipinos has much to be proud of Filipinos has much to be proud of Filipinos has much to be proud of Filipinos has much to be proud of Filipinos has much to be proud of Filipinos has much to be proud of Filipinos has much to be proud of
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherbi View Post
She won 7-6 (7-3), 3-6, 6-0 Totally amazing and surprising. She plays well, she's intelligent and is very strong mentally. She can still improve a few things (serve, forehand). I wonder how she will feel in her next tournament. She will be ranked around 80 on Monday (I had to check twice as I couldn't believe it). Does anyone know if it's too late to be in the main draw of Wimbledon. Alexandra
Yeah, unfortunately, MD entry list is already out She can only enter in MD if she receive a WC... But, if she don't, she probably will be 1st seed in the qualy

Alex So happy for you... Saw her playing in Estoril Open for the 1st time and I fall in love with her really smart game...
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2009, 03:40 PM   #92
country flag bestcormo

bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold bestcormo is a splendid one to behold

Fantastic week, Alex!!!
Old May 23rd, 2009, 03:49 PM   #93
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Alex
What a fantastic week and an amazing breakthrough for her!
Her next tournament would be a 25k in Galatina, but I guess she will skip it!
I just hope she gets enough rest now!
She has been #325 just around 6/7 weeks ago and now she has entered Top80!
Old May 23rd, 2009, 04:08 PM   #94
country flag gentzy

gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold

Old May 23rd, 2009, 05:52 PM   #95
country flag solger

solger is just really nice solger is just really nice solger is just really nice solger is just really nice solger is just really nice solger is just really nice solger is just really nice solger is just really nice solger is just really nice solger is just really nice solger is just really nice

Based on this current week's ranking points, her victory should take her to World No. 81 (up from 283 ranking points this week to 771 next), but of course if the standard for 80th place weakens between this week and next she could sneak into the Top 80 instead.

This week, we find:
Marina Erakovic on 772 points in 80th,
Aravane Rezai on 775 in 79th,
Pauline Parmentier on 780 in 78th,
Edina Gallovits on 779 in 77th, and
Kristina Barrois on 795 in 76th;
nobody else is under 832, and nobody over this level is set to lose enough points to fall to 771.

Of the above, Marina Erakovic was projected to drop two points to 770 and Edina Gallovits 40 points to 739 next week before any additions before tournaments played by them this week. Edina played Warsaw but lost in the first round, guaranteeting that she will fall beneath the threshold, while as far as I can see from ITF records Marina has not played at all this week (but please someone correct me if I'm wrong). This would suggest to me that unless at least two players currently ranked below 771 points are set to rise above that level next week, Alexandra will indeed break into the Top 80 next week. I don't have the time to examine how many might be about to climb above that level just now, but put simply, if there is one she will be No. 80; if none she will be No. 79; if two she will be No. 81, and so on....

Congrats. to Ms. Dulgheru on proving her ability against three Top 50 players this week! She now has twelve months in which to consolidate her position before the majority of her ranking points fall off again.
solger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 06:35 PM   #96
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

This is pretty amazing. I think Alex has earned herself a really nice rest. Maybe two weeks off. She should feel very proud of herself. She will need a couple of days to take all this in and get used to the fact that she is now a top 100 player.

After a good break Alex can then start preparing for grass and qualifying for Wimbledon. I think Alex has every chance to do well at Wimbledon too. I don't believe her game is a clay only game. She has great net skills, a decent serve, good return, a nice sliced backhand, a great dropshot, and quick reflexes. All these qualities will help her on grass.

Bring on Wimbledon now.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:00 PM   #97
country flag Sexysova
I'm back and fierce, bitches!

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

Warsaw F: Alona Bondarenko vs. Alexandra Dulgheru

vs.

MATCH: http://forum.vaidisova-nicole.com/vi...p=10628#p10628
Sexysova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:08 PM   #98
country flag gentzy

gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold gentzy is a splendid one to behold

thank you for the match
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:15 PM   #99
country flag andre123

andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all andre123 is a name known to all

Alexandra Dulgheru sensational Warsaw Open winner
(© Bartłomiej Zborowski/PAP)

Congrats to Alexandra and her friends. Enjoy
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:33 PM   #100
country flag Sherbi

Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light Sherbi is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you for the great pictures. I didn't see her crying, simply smiling and smiling
Sherbi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:05 PM   #101
country flag Sexysova
I'm back and fierce, bitches!

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

congrats on winning the title and beating Alona "I'm mentally sick" Bondarenko
Sexysova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:32 PM   #102
country flag gentzy

I've read an interview of hers after the semi win over Daniela. I'll try to translate it for you guys. It's taken from a Romanian news agency, ProSport :

- Congratulations. Are you satisfied with the game ?
It was better in the semi, the pain wasn't as strong although I had to protect the shoulder because when I force it little discomfort appears.

- You asked for medical intervention in the previous matches...
I came injured, it's actually a recurring injury, but things have gotten worse. The tourney medics have been great and I feel better.

- Did you think you'd be in the final ?
Not really. I actually came here because I couldn't get into RG qualies. I was very disappointed so I thought instead of staying home, to come and play Warsaw and I see it was for the better.

- What happened with RG ?
I was so close to entering there, but I forgot that the points from 25K tourneys get added later to the WTA rankings and when the RG entry list was closed, theoretically I had the points but practically they weren't there. But don't worry, I'll be at Wimbledon

- Were you nervous against Hantuchova ?
A little. I wanted to win but I had no idea how the match would turn out. I was on guard until the last ball because I knew she could always come back. It was incredible to beat her.

- You managed to come back in the second set. From where this strength ?
I think from the psychic (mental).I'm not a girl who gives up easily, I hang on to every ball and I like to fight.

- What did Daniel Dobre bring to your game ?
He improved my strengths, he helped me grow much more, to have a bigger efficiency when serving, he's and extraordinary coach, who knows how to talk to the player and how to get the best in you.

- The victory in the semi brought you around the top 100
It's a very big jump. From 201 where I am now to 100 something means a lot because I won't have to play so many little tourneys to earn points. I want to continually progress but most of it all, I want to play out of pleasure and play at GSs.

- How do you see the final against Bondarenko ?
It'll be a difficult match. I saw on TV the way she plays, she has more experience than me, but I have nothing to lose. It's like a dream from which I never want to wake up. (this is so cute )

- Your parents will be today in the crowd...
It'll be an extraordinary motivation. I have to get over the tiredness and play my best game. I will enter the final to give it all, I'm not satisfied with just being there.

The last answer surely showed us her winner mentality..If you don't believe you can do it, then you'll never do it. But if you keep pushing yourself you'll do just fine

BTW : Since she's not playing RG she will probably return to Romania to take her exams. She's currently a student at the Academy of Economic Studies in Bucharest, International Relations Faculty (I'm at the same Uni but different faculty ). The exam period starts Monday so she's gonna struggle for them as well. Not sure if it'll be easier than RG but still a struggle
Old May 24th, 2009, 01:07 AM   #103
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely pics I don't think Alex is the type to cry, I don't know
Thank you for the vid, too, once again!
Her first three Top50/100 wins scored, too!
Old May 24th, 2009, 02:59 AM   #104
country flag RandomShot

RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold

She has risen so rapidly in a few weeks, congrats . A tourney win in her WTA debut .
Mum, dad, we have a trophy!
RandomShot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:14 AM   #105
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Alex Great moments