Alexandra Dulgheru!!! - Page 298 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 14th, 2014, 04:37 PM   #4456
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

Last time she played Kozlova (also in Istanbul) she couldn't win a game

Hope she does better this time.
Advertisement

Old Jul 14th, 2014, 05:05 PM   #4457
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Ugly, but got the job done today. Probably more than 60 unforced errors in this match alltogether, although the wind visibly played a role in that.

Umbrellas were blown down, the one above the umpire's chair probably didn't survive either. One of Sasnovich's second serves missed the net by two metres.
Old Jul 14th, 2014, 05:15 PM   #4458
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle de Jour View Post
Last time she played Kozlova (also in Istanbul) she couldn't win a game

Hope she does better this time.
Am sure she will . That loss was after the HC Asian season where everything was a struggle. Bafta!
ioana_sk8r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 02:21 PM   #4459

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

WTA Istanbul (TUR), R32:

(Q)Alexandra Dulgheru (ROU) d. (Q)Kateryna Kozlova (UKR) 36 60 63

Bravo Sandica! First WTA MD win since February
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 02:22 PM   #4460
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

3rd set was a mess. Well done
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 02:26 PM   #4461
country flag ioana_sk8r

ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all ioana_sk8r is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
3rd set was a mess. Well done
I'll take the messy non-service holds as long as she ends up with a win. Very happy for Alex
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 02:58 PM   #4462
country flag ioana_sk8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Fan View Post
Thank you for the link earlier . Finally got around to translating it. Rita Skeeter writing style aside, there was a lot of good information in the article

Alexandra Dulgheru lost against second seed Roberta Vinci 2-6 3-6, but she had a chance at the beginning of the second set. She’s sweaty, with a drenched skirt that leaves marks on the chair upholstery in the tiny Press Conference center. She’s still thinking about the match, about what she would have liked to do but couldn’t. “It was intense; I sometimes rushed to finish a point in order not to let her [Roberta] do what she wanted. A little bit strange playing at night; it’s not easy to adapt. If my serve had worked better, it would have been different, but I had problems with my shoulder for two months,” said Piti.

10 months passed since she had direct access to a WTA main draw, a time when she jad to play in qualifying or compete in smaller tournaments. The situation was even more dramatic at a given point. In February 2013, she was ranked 583rd in the world, due all the physical problems she’s dealt with. In 2009, she was the first Romanian to win a Premier tournament, in Warsaw. A great success at the time. “It’s been five years. It seems like it was yesterday,” a teary-eyed and emotional Alexandra reminisces. In 2010 she defended her title and got into the Top30. Her career was only going up. And then her problems started.

“I only had two years when I was healthy. In 2011 my knees were already very painful, but I dragged myself through it because I had a lot of points to defend, half of them on clay,” explains Dulgheru. “I tried to postpone my surgery, but eventually my left tendon tore. It was overused; for a while I tried other treatments, but the doctor said it couldn’t wait.” The doctor in question is Mikel Sanchez from Vitoria who also took care of Rafa Nadal’s knees and the shoulder of former Spanish king Juan Carlos. In 2012 she underwent surgery, followed by a recovery period, but in 2013 another issue came up. She had to have surgery on her right wrist as well. Then her shoulder. Followed by her left wrist. Then, in a tournament in Brazil, a pull on her right knee [tendon, I would assume].

“A year after I started playing again, I couldn’t find myself. I struggled; I couldn’t position myself for the ball the way I used to before. I played points with two-three shots, which is not my style. I felt horrible, as if I didn’t know how to play tennis anymore. I would wonder if I could get back to what I used to do,” remembers Piti. “I could be on court for a match, but then I couldn’t even walk straight.” Now she’s finally healthy. She’s back in the top 100, ranked 98th. “This makes me very happy. I will get directly on the main draw at the US Open. Qualifiers are a nuisance; they wear you down. I always preferred to train well and go right into the MD.” She knows it’s a matter of time and she needs to be patient. “Once I will have consistency and lucidity in key moments, everything will be easier. I like playing and this is what I want to do form now on.”
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 05:01 PM   #4463
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

I may be wrong but I think she is finally over the hump and, provided she is injury free there is no way but up for her.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 07:50 PM   #4464
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the translation
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 08:01 PM   #4465
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioana_sk8r View Post
In 2012 she underwent surgery, followed by a recovery period, but in 2013 another issue came up. She had to have surgery on her right wrist as well. Then her shoulder. Followed by her left wrist. Then, in a tournament in Brazil, a pull on her right knee.
This is just insane.

I'm also not surprised about the statement of her not being able to walk after one match. This certainly explains some of the losses she suffered in R2 matches over the last years.

Will we ever know where her career would have gone if she stayed injury-free? I guess she asked that question herself many times before. We will probably never know, but she still has a couple of years of tennis left in her, I believe.

The shoulder is bothering again, obviously. Still, let's hope for a good match against Vinci.
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 08:06 PM   #4466
country flag croitorum

croitorum is an unknown quantity at this point

Bravo
croitorum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 11:25 PM   #4467
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like she's be making the USMD just in time for the cut-off
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaPalyuchenkovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 03:57 PM   #4468
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of Nightcrawl3r has much to be proud of

3rd match on Centre court tomorrow . Good luck

* Mihai, Romanov, Simionescu, Ruzici, Cristea, Sandu, Spirlea, Dragomir, Ehritt-Vanc, Bogdan, Gallovits-Hall, Cadantu *

TT-s: #107 - W: Vero Beach '14, Astana '14; TT-d: #116 - W: Astana '14, Landisville '14 w/ Palin6o; RUP: Beinasco '14, Prague '14 w/ Crux S, Contrexeville w/ Frenchtouch;
Suicide: #46 - W: New Haven '14; RUP: Acapulco '14; FITD: #20 - W: Rome '14; PAW: #69
Nightcrawl3r is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 04:01 PM   #4469
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

she clearly has all my respect, because staying out there and fighting hard after all these injuries is something remarkable

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2014, 05:14 PM   #4470

Vinci is both tired and bored, but Alexandra is beating herself today