Alexandra Dulgheru!!! - Page 214 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 26th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #3196
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soimu View Post
Btw Curcubeu nice avatar.
Thanks.

The times has come for me to let out my inner Trowll.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 26th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #3197
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Thanks.

The times has come for me to let out my inner Trowll.

We can have an ornithology reunion here.
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #3198
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
If she wasn't too full of herself thinking she'd get a QWC she could have used her SR and play both tournaments. See? They are not that useless after all.
Why u mad tho ?

It's shocking to me that a tournament like Acapulco doesn't give a former top 30 player and clay GOAT a QWC, especially when she traveled all the way from her Warsaw's mansion.

That said, I don't think Alex's decision to come to Acapulco was the right one. She has yet to prove that she's playing well enough to enter WTA tournaments. And that's why I said SR were useless. When players use them it's because their ranking is not high enough to gain direct entry in a tournament, and if their ranking isn't high enough it's simply because they are not back on their normal level yet. Hence most SR users getting trashed in R1 (Bacsinszky being a recent example). By the time Alex or Timea find their form (if they actually do), they won't need to use their SR because their ranking will be probably be good enough to enter most WTA tournaments, thanks to their hypothetic victories at ITF level.

Players ranked outside of top 30 are simply not good enough to successfully comeback in their first tournaments after a long injury break. Only players like Serena or Kim in recent years were able to comeback close to their best right after an injury. The thing is, those players don't need SR because they will always get WC instead.

So I stand by what I said, SR are useless. Useless for mid-ranked plyers because it doesn't help them climbing up the rankings, it's too much too soon, and useless for top players because they don't need them.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 07:44 PM   #3199
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

useless or not, if you have them why don't use it
FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #3200
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

She probably thought she could make the QD with her current ranking. She didn't miss it by much actually.
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 06:15 AM   #3201
majcpw

majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of

majcpw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #3202
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Indian Wells R1 against Q
Possible R2 against Peng
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #3203
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Shushu is seeded ?

That's a great draw actually but I don't believe she will win a match.
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #3204
country flag Curcubeu

Yes at #32

I wouldn't rule out her chances, though.

She was the only player to take a set off Aruba in Cali and she should have won this match actually. Of course, this is on hard courts now and her opponent will already have some matches under her belt, but I still expect a close match from her in that regard. The courts in Indian Wells are usually quite slow.
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #3205
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

If I remember she won a match against Peng a couple of years ago, in Miami?
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 01:08 AM   #3206
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Alex's 2012 season ended with a first-round retirement at IW, so it's nice to see her back healthy. Also great that she drew a qualifier first round. She also is 1-0 against Peng, having defeated her in Miami in 2011.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #3207
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

GL Alex for an "easy" qualifier opponent !
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #3208
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

I decided to go to IW the day Alexandra plays her first round game. I can't wait to see her.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 01:34 AM   #3209
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Gets [Q] Michelle Larcher De Brito. Not the easiest opponent to meet first round. Alex is 1-all against her, but her win was on h/c.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #3210
country flag Curcubeu

This is actually a really good chance for Alexandra now.
Michelle went through qualifyings pretty easily, but whom did she have to beat? Doi and Rodionova.

Still not convinced about a win, though.