Alexandra Dulgheru!!! - Page 157 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 5th, 2012, 02:36 PM   #2341
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees. View Post
I just don't understand how she went from being a solid Top 30 player to complete shit
She's been trying to change the style of game from a opportunistic - defensive one for at one more offensive in order (at least is what I think) to have better results on fast courts. But, here in Romania we have an phrase: "The enemy of good is better" .
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 5th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #2342
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
^ she's romanian

no offence
No really ? This explains everything, then
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #2343
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
^ she's romanian
You have to spread...

Seriously, it's like they all are already happy with what they achieved. It's only about some tennis players, but they have the legendary talent of doing everything, but literally everything wrong when they are up. Coaches, scheduling, priorities, it's pain...

Alexandra was injured as well, so this could also play a role, however, the media might do its part with hyping every athlet who is doing some noise because we are actually looking for a new national 'hero' and athlets were always the ones filling that gap.

Thus said, many athlets, soccer players even more, think they are superhero if they shoot a goal or so...

Many just don't have the head to make it, look at Olaru who completely gave up on the sport (more or less) or Luncanu who won Orange Bowl as a junior and just let himself go afterwards, preferring donuts over tennis sessions...

However, this is more about personalities and not about nationalities, so it might be more of a co-incidence...
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #2344
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
She's been trying to change the style of game from a opportunistic - defensive one for at one more offensive in order (at least is what I think) to have better results on fast courts. But, here in Romania we have an phrase: "The enemy of good is better" .
Yes, I agree.

However, she isn't a natural offensive skilled player. The idea is very good to come to the net more often, but at the moment, she has neither the accuracy, nor the power to open up the court against a good mover like Christina...

And her placement and volley technique were pure comedy. I'm still speakless that she completely gave up on her backhand wing, where is the 'De Los Rios' backhand gone? Not any against McHale...
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #2345
country flag grs

Anyway, I'm still standing as a fan of her
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #2346
country flag Curcubeu

Me, too. The day I stop criticizing her will mark when I don't care about her anymore...
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 11:22 PM   #2347
country flag Curcubeu

Sydney, QR1: (10)Alexandra Dulgheru def. (wc)Monique Adamczak 6-4 6-1

LEGEND!

Waiting for Marionette's report!

Sevastova pulled out, so Klepac probably next!
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 04:11 PM   #2348
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Good she won this one Should win against Klepac too.
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 02:39 AM   #2349
country flag Curcubeu

(10)Alexandra Dulgheru def. Andreja Klepac 6-4 6-4

Had SP in the first at 5-3*, messed it up and even had to save the very first BP at 5*-4
Had 2 SPs at 5-2* in the second, wasted, of course got broken on Klepac's only BP in the second set.

Whatever, return game must be truely awful, only 37% points won on Andreja's second serve, seriously?
Her own serve has been quite decent, though, only got broken once in the whole match.

Arvidsson next who steamrolled Kirilenko, but she shouldn't be too afraid because Kirilenko's performances here are questionable, though...

Q-spots in the draw suck anyway.
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 04:46 AM   #2350
country flag grs

Worse percentage on the opponent second serve could mean that she took more risks on second serve but mostly failed
If she'll qualify I wish her playing Lisicki
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 04:55 AM   #2351
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Random good form
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #2352
country flag Curcubeu

By the way, back to back wins for the first time since Brussels last year...
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #2353
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

2 wins in a row
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #2354
country flag Curcubeu

Match against Arvidsson is on the livescorehunter stream sheet!

I won't believe it until I watch it!
Old Jan 7th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #2355
country flag Curcubeu

Stream is on. I will stay until Cirstea vs. Pervak starts.

Anyone else here, probably not!