Alexandra Dulgheru!!! - Page 131 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 1st, 2011, 08:01 PM   #1951
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 1st, 2011, 09:56 PM   #1952
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

why romanians are all headcases?

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 10:40 PM   #1953
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Team of the crippled knees lost to Poutchek/Koryttseva in the first round of doubles by 4-6 4-6

I guess we will have to wait for 2012 to see Alex in full shape again and capable of winning back to back matches because as a rather defensive player she is living from her consistency and endurence, while she is lacking the fast killer shot. Without those, she is toast against nearly every half decent player...
Have to say I agree with this. Alex has a great game when healthy but the kind of game she's got she needs her legs. And when she can't cover the court as she would like to there is not a lot she can do to win matches against more powerful opposition, unless like Kvitova a couple days ago they prove to be error machines, nor can she beat other players like herself who are better able to run down balls than she is presently able to. So basically Alex has to sort out her knees and that's isn't easy and it can take a lot of time.

On a positive note I can think of other players with similar games that need to do a lot of running to win points, who have overcome serious knee problems so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I remember Giles Simon was struggling bigtime with his knees a couple of years ago and now he is almost back in the top 10.
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 10:41 PM   #1954
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Alexandra isn't a headcase at all, compared to other WTA players. we shouldn't forget that she saved 3 SPs against Kvitova in her R1 encounter. Furthermore she won a Premier title without having won any match on the WTA level before. I don't think that many people would have had the attitude and mental strength to do so, yet to defend the title!

And losing to Niculescu 3 and 0 has nothing to do with being a headcase because it wasn't even close. She or better said her body didn't allow her to do more. She faded away and her being one of the biggest firghters famous for 3h+ shitfests wouldn't have just given up like that if there had been more gaz left in the tank...

I don't know how it should go on this year. Just having enough power for one match a week isn't something you can start having a run for some of the remaining tourneys.

I guess she should just play what she is capable of for the rest of the year and themn completely start from new on in 2012. The level within her ranking range is so close, one MM win at Bogota/Acapulco or Barcelona and she is comfortably ranked in Top 50 again...

But one positive thing for sure, the hardcourtphobia seems to be forgotten and finished now!
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 11:00 PM   #1955
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Have to say I agree with this. Alex has a great game when healthy but the kind of game she's got she needs her legs. And when she can't cover the court as she would like to there is not a lot she can do to win matches against more powerful opposition, unless like Kvitova a couple days ago they prove to be error machines, nor can she beat other players like herself who are better able to run down balls than she is presently able to. So basically Alex has to sort out her knees and that's isn't easy and it can take a lot of time.

On a positive note I can think of other players with similar games that need to do a lot of running to win points, who have overcome serious knee problems so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I remember Giles Simon was struggling bigtime with his knees a couple of years ago and now he is almost back in the top 10.
Exactly! But I'm really afraid of what is going to happen with her and her game. I hope and also think that she is mentally stable enough to overcome those problems. She has also a good and experienced coaching team which hopefully supports her in this situation, but there are many careers who got shattered by injuries becoming chronical...

On the positive side, she posseses a rather consistent game, so she hopefully doesn't end up in a declining ballbashing slump like Cîrstea or others who have seemed to forgotten how to hit the court...

It#s so worrying! I hope she will come back to full power soon!
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 09:23 PM   #1956
country flag Curcubeu

As expected Alexandra won't commit for the Tashkent slam the week after the US Open this year, meaning that she herself doesn't even feel fit enough to win some matches at the crappiest MM of the year, although she would have been top seeded there...

On the other hand, she wants to play Seoul just one week after, but don't ask me about her scheduling this year. It has been a complete mess, anyway

Of course she will lose another 70 ranking points, but I guess that's just second worthy for her...

I can't wait for her to end this shitty year. A GOAT quarterfinal in Miami and the upset over Kvitova, her 2011 season in a nutshell...

Will Alexandra's season in 2012 be better than this year?
I won't give up !

GOATbot knows how to deal with slumps!

We have to be optimistic!
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 10:48 PM   #1957
country flag Curcubeu

Alexandra will play the indoor tournament of Linz again!

And look what a pityful entry list for a WTA MM:

01. Andrea Petkovic (11)
02. Dominika Cibulkova (15)
03. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (16)
04. Sabine Lisicki (18)
05. Roberta Vinci (20)
06. Julia Görges (21)
07. Yanina Wickmayer (22)
08. Daniela Hantuchova (23)
09. Shahar Peer (24)
10. Flavia Pennetta (25)
11. Lucie Safarova (26)
12. Maria Kirilenko (29)
13. Nadia Petrova (30)
14. Anabel Medina Garrigues (33)
15. Tamira Paszek (37)
16. Sara Errani (38)
17. Polona Hercog (40)
18. Rebecca Marino (41)
19. Elena Vesnina (43)
20. Ekaterina Makarova (44)
21. Klara Zakopalova (45)
22. Alexandra Dulgheru (48)
23. Iveta Benesova (49)
24. Ksenia Pervak (52)

Easy chance for her to get some wins and easy points, while many top players will have to play each other at the GOAT tournament of Osaka!

Old Sep 8th, 2011, 10:56 PM   #1958

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 8th, 2011, 11:03 PM   #1959
country flag Curcubeu

Did Alexandra become delusional?
You are delusional.
Yeah, I'm still believing in her to have some impact on the WTA tour!

Old Sep 8th, 2011, 11:07 PM   #1960

Flavia Pennetta lost, don't you hope her to retire on shame now?
I don't want her here.
Me either or i'll kill her...but i think she will choke by her self.

Old Sep 8th, 2011, 11:36 PM   #1961
country flag Curcubeu

Do you like Gaspa's new avatar and signature?
Do you like phase locked loops?
No, sounds mathematican... I prefer Gaspa's avatar and you?
You will never know. I think it will be hard to trust both journalists and spooks if you don't know them really well.
What has that to do with Gaspa?
It has everything to do with metal!
So Gaspa is the impersonification of metal?
No, why should I think that?
Nevermind! The only thing I know is that Alexandra is the impersonification of suckyness at the moment!
Was she a penguin?
Yeah, gracile sliding over the claycourts like a penguin on the ice!
Hasta luego.
Yeah, goodbye to the Top 50 for her!

Damn, I can't find that epic penguin gif!
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 04:46 AM   #1962
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

off-topic, but omg Flavia lost?!?!?! last time I checked she was like 3-0 in 3rd, so I thought it's a sealed deal. btw, I really hate it when people say "why do they always plays lights out tennis against big name (read: my fav), and then play at club level in the next round to lose", like players are suppose to bend over to them by default

btw, the Linz entry list looks like Warsaw premier could be, so that means easzy-breasy for Alexandra to win

Last edited by WhoAmI? : Sep 9th, 2011 at 04:54 AM.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 02:05 PM   #1963
country flag Curcubeu

At least she has no problems with her self-confidence
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #1964

maybe she likes Linzer torte

Old Sep 9th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #1965
country flag Curcubeu

Yeah, but bagels are her favourites at the moment!