Alexandra Dulgheru!!! - Page 104 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 02:37 PM   #1546
country flag Six Feet Under
Singleniacki

Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

Alex

Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 02:55 PM   #1547
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

OK, match rescheduled on TV court 12 , last match today, but still not sure if they are really going to play today...
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 06:26 PM   #1548
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it got cancelled, not surprisingly. But they have been playing a couple of doubles matches. I don't know why they couldn't have had women's second round instead of those
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:10 PM   #1549
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

I like to wait for another day if they are playing on a streamed court instead!
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:20 PM   #1550
country flag Curcubeu

Damn, she is playing first on Court 18, the same time Simona plays Serena!

That Wimbledon schedule!!
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 02:02 PM   #1551
country flag Curcubeu

Wimbledon, Round 2:

(12)Svetlana Kunetsova def. Alexandra Dulgheru 6:0 6:2

I would have to lie if I state that this scoreline surprises me much!

Sometimes, you just have to be honest and direct: Alexandra, your second serve is utterly crap...

Serve stats:
62% first serves
1 Ace, 5DFs (most of them because she has to go for a risk on the second as well)
63% won on the first serve which is really acceptable
10% on the second

Luckily, we have a very short grass court season and reaching round 2 was all I expected from her on this surface and with this draw!

I really, really hope she can fix it in her career, but it will always be a disadvantage for her I guess...

To be fair, Sveta was very good today and stayed focused in every situation! She had a 23/9 winner/UE ratio at the end as well, while Alexandra was at 9/14 which is still better than against Craybas.

get ready now for the (STREAMED ) clay MMs!

I hope I got to see her more often now!
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 05:28 PM   #1552
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

Curcubeu, thanks for the recap. It must be really hard to improve your second serve when you are already a pretty much developed player.
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought she needed to build her fundamentals when she was a junior. Now she may tweak her game here and there, with experience and knowing how to deal with the key moments in the game constituting her factors of improvement.

One question, what does MMs stand for?
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 06:57 PM   #1553
country flag Curcubeu

MM stands for Mickey Mouse, namely the smaller clay events after Wimbledon in that case!

You are right that the time as a junior is probably the most decisive in the development of a player. I'm aware of her abilities and weaknesses, but the service is something you can actually improve also in the later stages of a career for example Dementieva showed it, so I hope that she can also show some improvements there with hard work. Of course, she is never going to be a top server, anyway...
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 07:22 PM   #1554
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

i think there's no shame saying that i'm really surprised by the score, unluckily in a bad way because i truely believe that the "new" grass is much more suitable to Alex's game than HC, and honestly i didn't expect Sveta to turn to a great player like she can be, just for today.
Said that, i really believe that Alex needs to get a big name on her list of defeated player because she seems to give up the fight when it comes to go against all odds.

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 07:40 PM   #1555
country flag Curcubeu

Exactly what I think, especially when I look at the latest matches against higher ranked players since Miami:

4 games against Errani
8 games against Hantuchova
5 games against Kvitova (following tournament winner)

win against Zakopalova

1 game against Zvonareva
3 games against Vinci (following tournament winner)
2 games against Kuznetsova

In fact many devastating performances where she was completely hopeless. The possibilities of winning those matches were small anyway, but some more games were possible...
I think that she really doesn't want to fight in those matches, at least she made the impression of that, as odd as it sounds, but she rather seems to prefer saving some energy instead for the rest of the season...

I have the concern that the Sharapova match in Miami still bothers her in every single match against higher ranked players. She is aware of having had the chance to win it, but she just got edged in the end and nowshe is too much influenced by the what if questions...

But it's nothing which surprises me a lot from her because she always tends to have such slumps where everything goes wrong, for example the start of the season 2010, but looking back it was the reaching of the semis in Barcelona which brought her into gear for the middle part of the last season. Let's hope that she will have such a wake up result at one of those clay MMs after Wimbledon!
At least the following Hard Court season should start better than last year where she came back after knee problems. I really hope that the HC phobia has found an end now!
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 08:47 PM   #1556
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

Funny how I always thought that in the women tennis it is harder to break the ranks than in the men tennis, in the sense that you see higher seed upsets less. Now that I am more emotionally involved in certain players' game I tend to forget that .
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 09:55 PM   #1557
country flag Curcubeu

Watching this made me just realize what a great defender she actually is, if the surface allows her to stay in the match for some longer time...
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 06:43 PM   #1558
country flag codrutc

Nice, I hope this is not the best she can do this year.
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #1559
country flag Curcubeu

Alexandra will play in Bastad next and "good news" for her, Kanepi withdrew and she is now #4 seed. So she can defend her semifinal from Budapest last year!
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #1560
country flag TTomek

TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute TTomek has a reputation beyond repute

TTomek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote