Alexandra Dulgheru!!! - Page 102 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 12th, 2011, 07:02 PM   #1516
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

First round against Alison van Uytvanck!

Pity that it won't be streamed! Such a fun match!
Advertisement

Old Jun 12th, 2011, 11:57 PM   #1517
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

I wouldn't rule out a surprise.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 11:43 AM   #1518
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Hertogenbosch, Round 1: Alexandra Dulgheru def. (Q)Alison van Uytvanck 7:5 7:6(7!!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Pity that it won't be streamed! Such a fun match!

Once again, Alexandra has amost killed me by watching the live scores, but in the end she managed to prevail for one more time!

The stats look pretty solid with more than 60% first serves in and more than 50% points won on both, the first and second service!
BP conversion sucked a big time with only 4/13 (0/6) afetr Alison's first two service games!
3 aces, 5 Dfs, 2 of them on MPs in the final tie breaker, sorry for my finger nails...

Still, she progressed after the hilarious 4-6, 7-6, 7-6 against sucky Coin from last year and won her first grass court match in straights and her first matches on every surface are a hot and nervwrecking mess anyway...

But one thing became obvious again! She total lacks the self-confidence and composure to close things out early or to take her chances which you can see on her slander on BPs also one at 4-4 in the second set! and the epic tie break chokery! But still she surprised me and won it in the end in straights after wasting her first 4 MPs!

Let's hope that this gave her some confidence back and good luck for the next match!
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 11:24 AM   #1519
country flag Curcubeu

Hertogenbosch, Round 2:

(7)Roberta Vinci def. Alexandra Dulgheru 6:2 6:1

48% first serves
0 Aces, 6DFs

No words

Of course, grass is her least suitable surface, but if you have problems with your serves, you should at least try to maintain a high first serve percentage, but today it was simply awful...

Only the drawing God can beware her from a first round exit.
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 05:10 PM   #1520
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Alex

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #1521
country flag Curcubeu

Wimbledon, Main Draw:

(19) Wickmayer - Lepchenko
Pivovarova - Tatashvili
Craybas - Dulgheru
Zhang - (12) Kuznetsova

Please, win a match!
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #1522
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Craybas has a win against Venus on Wimbledon!
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 04:28 PM   #1523
country flag Curcubeu

But luckily, that's a long time ago!

In her only grass court match this year she won 4 games against Hlavackova...

EDIT: Alexandra's 2011 drawing curse reappears and the actual fortunate draw Vinci turns out to be the big favourite to win in Hertogenbosch...

Last edited by Curcubeu : Jun 17th, 2011 at 05:15 PM.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #1524
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Let's go alex

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 01:27 PM   #1525
country flag Curcubeu

Of course Vinci won in Hertogenbosch!

By the way, Alexandra second on VIP court 19 tomorrow!

Please beat Jill, otherwise we already know who will be the 2011 Wimby champion!
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 03:44 PM   #1526
country flag Curcubeu

Wimbledon, Round 1:

Alexandra Dulgheru def. Jill Craybas 6:2 6:4

Decent effort from Alexandra!

To the match:
Alex tried hard to choke it away once again when serving out a match, wasting a set point and then even had to face a BP, but she prevailed and won in straights!

When I checked the scores for the last time, Alex had circa 80% first serves! (compared to 48% against Vinci last week) and won ca. 70% of all points on her first service!
The second one still sucks as hell with only 30% , but luckily she didn't have to go for it too often...

Good luck against Sveta now!

She has nothing to lose there!
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #1527
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't sure at all she'd win, so it's pleasant to see

GL against Sveta. I actually like them both, so..
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 03:51 PM   #1528
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Sveta struggled to win over Zhang, who is a bad player IMO i don't wanna be too optimistic, but i think she has her chances

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #1529
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you about Zhang but since I didn't pay much attention to this match.. maybe she played really amazing. Alex definitely has a chance there
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 04:15 PM   #1530
country flag Curcubeu

I'm very cautious with Alex concerning match ups against higher ranked players at the moment...

The last time I was so confident against Zvonareva in Brussels, she only won one game, so

She seems to struggle a lot lately against Top 30 players and I have the feeling she has a bit of a "Why should I care when I lose against clear favorites, no matter if I win 3 games or more, loss is loss" attitude...

If she wins 5 games, my expectations are fulfilled, everything more is a bonus. Actually I'm rather looking forward to see her playing live!