Laura-Ioana Andrei! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 17th, 2009, 02:04 AM   #1
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute
Laura-Ioana Andrei!

This is a cheering thread for Laura-Ioana Andrei, who's had impressive results this year. The 19-year-old from Bucharest is already an impressive doubles player, with 13 ITF doubles titles in her short career.

Now she is looking to gain ground in singles. She was a finalist at the 10K in Dijon, France in March, and just got to the quarterfinals of the 100K+H in Tourhout, Belgium.

She reached a career high rank of 317 this week!

Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 17th, 2009, 02:05 AM   #2
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura-Ioana Andrei!

Laura make the In the news...section of the G&R Watch this week for her outstanding play in Tourhout, Belgium
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 02:08 AM   #3
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

There is already a thread for her.
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 02:36 AM   #4
Tennis Fool

I think her results warrant an individual thread--right now she is part of a combo thread for upcoming players.
Putintseva #1 player

Old Jul 27th, 2010, 08:15 AM   #5
country flag stefan28

stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all

26 Iulie 2010 Bucharest ITF 75.000$
Q-R16 L 3-6 6-4 0-6 Sandra MARTINOVIC 404 BIH
Q-R32 W 6-2 6-1 Sabina LUPU 889 ROU
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 07:03 AM   #6
country flag stefan28

stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all stefan28 is a name known to all

09 August 2010 Onesti ITF 10.000$
SF - Ionela-Andreea IOVA 667 ROU
QF W 6-2 6-4 Karina GOIA - ROU
R16 W 6-1 2-6 6-3 Ingrid-Alexandra RADU 802 ROU
R32 W 6-7(4) 6-4 6-2 Anastasia STEPU 948 MDA
Q-R16 W 6-1 6-1 Alisa-Juliana CALUSERIU - ROU
Q-R32 W 6-3 6-1 Khrystyna PAVLYUK - UKR
Q-R64 W BYE
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 09:33 AM   #7
country flag stefan28

she lost the semifinal
SF L 2-6 2-6 Ionela-Andreea IOVA 667 ROU
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 11:43 AM   #8
country flag stefan28

16 August 2010 Bucharest ITF 10.000$
R32 L 7-6(7) 5-7 3-6 Simona IONESCU - ROU

16 August 2010 Bucharest ITF 10.000$
Partener: BUZARNESCU Mihaela (ROU)
F - ENACHE (ROU) / HRISTEA (ROU)
SF W 6-2 6-2 MITU (ROU) / DAMASCHIN (ROU)
QF W 6-3 6-4 ANDREI (ROU) / TIG (ROU)
R16 W 6-1 6-4 MAZZALI (ITA) / ENACHE (ROU)
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 03:31 AM   #9
Tennis Fool

Laura makes Also in the News for making the semis of Onesti
Putintseva #1 player

Old Sep 17th, 2010, 02:53 AM   #10
Tennis Fool

Laura reached the final of the 10K Istanbul. Makes Also in the News... on the G&R
Putintseva #1 player

Old Mar 27th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #11
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Laura is back on trasck again and reached the final of the 10k in Madrid as a qualifier where she only lost to Cabeza-Candela.

R1: Laura-Ioana ANDREI (ROU) defeated Janina TOLJAN (AUT) (8) 6-1 6-0
R2: Laura-Ioana ANDREI (ROU) defeated Benedetta DAVATO (ITA) 6-4 2-6 6-4
QF: Laura-Ioana ANDREI (ROU) defeated Lucia CERVERA-VAZQUEZ (ESP) 4-6 6-1 6-1
SF: Laura-Ioana ANDREI (ROU) defeated Arabela FERNANDEZ-RABENER (ESP) (7) 6-2 7-5
F: Estrella CABEZA-CANDELA (ESP) (1) defeated Laura-Ioana ANDREI (ROU) 6-3 6-2
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2011, 06:12 PM   #12
Tennis Fool

^ For this, Laura makes Also in the News... on the G&R
Putintseva #1 player

Old Jun 7th, 2011, 12:56 AM   #13
Tennis Fool

Laura makes Also in the News... on the G&R Watch for making the final of the 10K Bucharest
Putintseva #1 player

Old Jul 17th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #14
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future

An interviw with Laura (source)

Quote:
Reporter: An important victory for you against a very good frenchwoman (Mladenovici). What are your first impressions after the game?

Laura: I am very happy for this victory, it was a difficult match against someone who's flirting with the WTA top 100. It was the first direct meeting between us, I have not seen her play before. Perhaps she entered on court thinking she'll have an easy match, but I fought for every point, and look, the victory came.

Reporter: A high moral for you after this match, the next opponent will be Alexandra Damaschin. Do you know eachothers?

Laura: Even if we are romanian, we met a long time ago. Alexandra is younger than me but she is a talented, very well prepared physically and hard working player. I'll enter on court motivated as today, and I want very much to enter the MD.

Reporter: What expectations you had before the start of the tournament?

Laura: It's a good start for me, I hope to play better from match to match. Today I felt great because I had the public and my family's support.

Reporter: What's next for you?

Laura: I will continue after this tournament, at the same rate, ie playing bigger ITF tournaments. I wish to play WTA events as soon as possible. The ranking points will be very important in the coming period, I hope to gain as many to catch up my Top100 romanian colleagues.

Reporter: BCR Open Ladies, an ITF event which in the near future can become a WTA one. How can influence you, the [romanian] tennis players, organizing such an event in Romania?

Laura: It's the first edition of the BCR Open Romania Ladies and for us, having such a big tournament in Romania is very important. Also, the public support is very important to us when we are on court. The idea of ​​having a WTA event in Romania is great. The points that we could gain would be essential for our careers. From a financial perspective would be an advantage for us, I'm from Bucharest so I would not have to pay for trips that are very expensive.
thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 06:33 PM   #15
Tennis Fool

Laura was on a three-match losing streak going into the 25K Caserta qualies, where she is the #5 seed. She finally broke it by defeating Jelena Simic in three, 62 26 63. Now faces #13 Viktorija Golubic for a spot in the main draw.
Putintseva #1 player