Maria Fernanda Alvarez-Teran - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 16th, 2009, 12:08 PM   #1
country flag Freakan

Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute
Maria Fernanda Alvarez-Teran

I didn't realize she didn't have a cheering thread She's ranked inside Top250, she has to have one!
She's currently having a very good year, reaching career-high ranks every second week or so
She probably won't get into RG qualies but should get into Wimbledon qualies. I wonder if she plays there

Good luck Maria!

Welcome Back:
Dokic Karatancheva
Freakan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 16th, 2009, 02:45 PM   #2
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria Fernanda Alvarez-Teran

The other day I was thinking to open a cheering thread for Ma.Fernanda so thanks for creating Freaken
I know that you have been follow her results since some years ago and usually cheer up for her.

Vamos Ma.Fernanda
Bolivia Tennis Star
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 12:15 AM   #3
country flag JLNBolivia

JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light

Great!! Thanks Freakan!! I'm new to this thread sites, and I was thinking about starting a thread for Nanda, but just didn't know how to do it. I'm from Bolivia also and I follow Nanda's results and news always, I've posted a couple of comments before, asking people who have seen her play, what they think about her game. At that time María Fernanda wasn't in a good physical shape, but I've read she's more fit now, and it is starting to show in her results. Her best victories sofar I guess have been over Coco Vandeweghe last week (4-6 6-3 7-6), Soledad Esperon twice last year, and Agustina Lepore twice also. And a curious note, she beat Dominika Cibulkova (ranked WTA 16th last week) when they played juniors.

Thanks again Freakan for the thread!
JLNBolivia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 12:28 AM   #4
country flag Juarito

Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of

She´s a very talented player. Hope her the best
Juarito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #5
country flag Freakan

Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute

I actually follow her results sinc early stages of her junior career and I know she's talented so it's very dissapointing to see that she's losing easily to players like Tadeja Majeric
She's clealry playing better in tournaments that take place in South America or Mexico.
Osprey, 25k:
R1. Alvarez Teran d. Prousis 6:4 6:1
R2: Majeric d. Alvarez Teran 7:5 6:1

Welcome Back:
Dokic Karatancheva
Freakan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 05:36 PM   #6
country flag JLNBolivia

JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light JLNBolivia is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, it's very dissapointing to see her beating a player like Vandeweghe and then loose to players like Majeric, Tan or Harmsen. I don't know if the problem is in her head or she still has some weight problems. Has anyone seen her play lately? She never plays here in Bolivia so I don´t know how her fitness or game is.
Old Apr 17th, 2009, 10:54 PM   #7
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think that her problem is her head,she have won a lot of match with a very close scoreline.
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 05:05 PM   #8
country flag JLNBolivia

Estos son los últimos resultados de Nanda.
La última vez que jugó con Giral, perdió en 3 sets, pero creo que estaba lesionada. A ver como le va en la final.

$25,000 Bogota Colombia
C25 13 Jul 2009 to 19 Jul 2009 Entry: DA Clay (O)
32 W Natalia GUITLER (BRA) 7-6(5) 7-6(4)
16 W Danielle MILLS (USA) 6-2 6-3
QF W Julia COHEN (USA) 4-6 6-3 7-5
SF W Viky NUNEZ-FUENTES (COL) 6-3 7-6(3)
FR Marina GIRAL LORES (VEN)
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 03:31 AM   #9
country flag Kutuzova

Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of

lost in the final

played Lexington $50,000 this week losing 6-4 6-3 to Mirza first round...good luck next week Maria!
Kutuzova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2009, 01:38 AM   #10
country flag JLNBolivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutuzova View Post
lost in the final

played Lexington $50,000 this week losing 6-4 6-3 to Mirza first round...good luck next week Maria!
Next week she plays in Brazil: $25,000 Campos Do Jordao, where she's seeded 2. Good luck Nanda!
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 04:55 PM   #11
country flag Kutuzova

Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of

She is in the semis as the third seed...

there are some videos of her here:

http://www.tvtenis.com.br/

she still needs to get more fit and i think she needs to work on her backhand some but she hits a nice ball and definitely could go high in the rankings if she works hard

good luck in the semis MFA!
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 05:53 PM   #12
country flag Kutuzova

Alvarez into the final 6-2 7-5...she played well...good luck and take the title!
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 05:53 PM   #13
country flag JLNBolivia

Her semifinal match just finished. She won and now is in the final against the winner of Maria Fernanda Alves and Ana Clara Duarte. She's got a nice chance to win the tournament.
I agree that she still needs to work on her fitness, even though she's improved a lot from last year (she was soo out of shape).
Good luck in the final Nanda!

$25,000 Campos Do Jordoa Brazil
C25 27 Jul 2009 to 02 Aug 2009 Entry: DA Hard (O)
32 W Carla FORTE (BRA) 6-2 6-3
16 W Paula Cristina GONCALVES (BRA) 6-2 6-4
QF W Emilia YORIO (ARG) 7-5 6-3
SF W Gabriella BARBOSA-COSTA SILVA (BRA) 6-2 7-5
Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 05:40 PM   #14
country flag JLNBolivia

Nanda won the tournament. 6-3 6-3 over Alves. She didn't lost a set the whole week.
Congratulations Nanda!
Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 05:44 PM   #15
country flag Kutuzova

Played really solid in the final...Great job Maria!