Agnieszka Radwańska about ranking, 'crisis' of seeds and leadership in womens' tennis - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 14th, 2009, 09:59 AM   #1
country flag Caipirinha Guy

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Agnieszka Radwańska about ranking, 'crisis' of seeds and leadership in womens' tennis

You're ill again?

Unfortunately, just after come back from Miami where was 45 degrees, I got some infection. In Krakow, it is spring too but it's colder of course. Before I happened to be ill once in the year. But since January I've steadily got some diseases. I feel as if all viruses it the air had to catch me.

Do you feel some pain because of loosing the spot in TOP 10?

Please, don't be kidding, 11 rank is not a disaster. I'm astonished with the laments, this hot counting of points after each tournament - who's up, who's down. I don't agonize over that. There are two different worlds who think about moves in the ranking oppositely: us, the players and whole rest - parents, coaches, media. I know that the presence in the top obliges, you must regularely be in the quarterfinals. Spot in ranking is important at the end of the season because it decides who goes to Masters. Week after week everything changes.

Lately it's been changing to often, it looks that all top players are having the crisis.

Tournaments in Indian Wells and Miami showed that favourites can loose as well. It was some plague - seeds were out in the initial rounds. And it seemed that scores on the hardcourts were not so unpredictable like on the soft surface. Sometimes in the changing mess there's getting a big mess, all players run to the TV set, because the bombshell is coming - the favourite is in trouble. But after five minutes, the amazement goes down. We all know that the opponent can play tennis. Even if she was 50 or 100 in the ranking, she came on the court to win. And media suddenly are making the thesis about the crisis.

It is nice to describe such personalities who win everything, like Justin Henin in the past.

She was a real leader. Now there's no such a person. I think that TOP 20 has the similar level of play. Everything else is the matter of the day, balls, court or weather.

by Przegląd Sportowy / translated by Martin S.

Last edited by Caipirinha Guy : Apr 14th, 2009 at 10:04 AM.
Caipirinha Guy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 14th, 2009, 10:05 AM   #2

Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute Caipirinha Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Agnieszka Radwańska about ranking, 'crisis' of seeds and leadership in womens' te

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinUla View Post
Sometimes in the changing mess there's getting a big mess, all players run to the TV set, because the bombshell is coming - the favourite is in trouble.
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 10:16 AM   #3
country flag Josh.
Jumpin' on

Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute Josh. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Agnieszka Radwańska about ranking, 'crisis' of seeds and leadership in womens' te

It's a good attitude to have, not worrying about the rankings and just knowning that they will take care of itself.
Josh. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 10:18 AM   #4
country flag Costanza

Costanza has a brilliant future Costanza has a brilliant future Costanza has a brilliant future Costanza has a brilliant future Costanza has a brilliant future Costanza has a brilliant future Costanza has a brilliant future Costanza has a brilliant future Costanza has a brilliant future Costanza has a brilliant future Costanza has a brilliant future

Radwanska
Costanza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 10:18 AM   #5
дalex

дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute

@ the bombshell quote.
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 10:20 AM   #6
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Do you feel some pain because of loosing the spot in TOP 10?

Please, don't be kidding, 11 rank is not a disaster. I'm astonished with the laments, this hot counting of points after each tournament - who's up, who's down. I don't agonize over that. There are two different worlds who think about moves in the ranking oppositely: us, the players and whole rest - parents, coaches, media. I know that the presence in the top obliges, you must regularely be in the quarterfinals. Spot in ranking is important at the end of the season because it decides who goes to Masters. Week after week everything changes.
I love these comments. I think the people on these forum worry so much more about a players ranking than do the players themselves. It's crazy. I mean I'm a Radwanka fan myself but why should I worry about whether she is ranked 10 or 11 when it obviously doesn't worry Aga herself. It's like all the fuss that is going on about Safina getting to number one. It is probably a bigger deal to some of the posters on this board than it is to the players. Crazy really. At the end of the day, I think the players worry a lot more about their form and especially their health than they do about their rankings.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : Apr 14th, 2009 at 10:35 AM.
Shvedbarilescu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 10:52 AM   #7
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Lol at the bombshell. I am starting to like her, she seems quite cool.
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 11:40 AM   #8
country flag sunsfuns

sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold sunsfuns is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCHorse View Post
I love these comments. I think the people on these forum worry so much more about a players ranking than do the players themselves. It's crazy. I mean I'm a Radwanka fan myself but why should I worry about whether she is ranked 10 or 11 when it obviously doesn't worry Aga herself. It's like all the fuss that is going on about Safina getting to number one. It is probably a bigger deal to some of the posters on this board than it is to the players. Crazy really. At the end of the day, I think the players worry a lot more about their form and especially their health than they do about their rankings.
#1 or #2 is a much bigger deal than #10 or #11.
The latter is important only if you've never been in the top 10 before.
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 12:49 PM   #9
country flag AnnaK_4ever

AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
[b]Please, don't be kidding, 11 rank is not a disaster.
Of course, with your obsession with MM tournaments it's a God's blessing for you, Aga.
AnnaK_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 01:13 PM   #10
country flag dawid

dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
Of course, with your obsession with MM tournaments it's a God's blessing for you, Aga.

Kim "Sexy Back" Clijsters
Jelena "Warrior Princess" Jankovic

Womens Masters Tour!
dawid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 01:22 PM   #11
country flag AndreConrad

AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute

Agnieszka's level of worry is obviously not too high since she is taking quite a long break from playing tournaments. I hope she will do well during the clay season and I hope the viruses will finally leave here alone; they are becoming an annoying nonsense.
Bally, Rest In Peace!
AndreConrad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
She can't play MM tournaments this year because she was in the TOP10 at the end of 2008. Azarenka and Petrova can play and Sharapova can't. Quite strange.
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 01:26 PM   #13
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

its never ever been 45C is Miami
it gets to 32 or so and there's a thunderstorm/heavy rain
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 01:35 PM   #14
country flag AndreConrad

AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
its never ever been 45C is Miami
it gets to 32 or so and there's a thunderstorm/heavy rain
High humidity level in Miami often makes it feel like the temperature is higher than it really is; especially for a person coming from moderate climate zone. All she is trying to do is reason why she gets sick so easily this year and obviously speculates what may be causing it.
Bally, Rest In Peace!
AndreConrad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 01:41 PM   #15
country flag Marshmallow

Marshmallow has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow has a reputation beyond repute Marshmallow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It is nice to describe such personalities who win everything, like Justin Henin in the past.

She was a real leader. Now there's no such a person. I think that TOP 20 has the similar level of play. Everything else is the matter of the day, balls, court or weather.

by Przegląd Sportowy / translated by Martin S.
*sigh* How things changes. Not that long ago players would run to the bathroom at the mention on Williams. I would so love to see the sisters find a consistent good level of play.

Ah well, I'll take longevity however it comes.
Marshmallow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote