From the Martina/Anna match, I have come away with 2 thoughts - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 12:54 AM   #1
country flag Gonzo Hates Me!

Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute
From the Martina/Anna match, I have come away with 2 thoughts

That

1) Why do they call Hingis and Anna the glamour girls. Personally, I think Hingis is not glamourous at all. Anna is glamourous, Serena is glamourous, Dani is glamourous--Hingis, no.

2) Anna is a really good doubles player. Why do people only critique her singles?! I know she is in the spotlight, she's THE sex symbol so I can't use Rennae Stubbs as a comparison really. But yeah, they're the same person except Anna is hot and sexy and in the spotlight, and at that, she has had 5x better a singles career anyhow. But howcome NO ONE acknowledges her success in doubles?! I am sick of having to explain it to people who bother me for liking her.
Advertisement

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 12:58 AM   #2
country flag TatiAnnahølic

TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute TatiAnnahølic has a reputation beyond repute
I totally agree with the n.2
TatiAnnahølic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2002, 01:22 AM   #3
country flag CellJr300

CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice
I agree with No. 2, but I do think that Hingis is glamorous.
Old Sep 4th, 2002, 01:37 AM   #4
MinskLynx

MinskLynx is just really nice MinskLynx is just really nice MinskLynx is just really nice MinskLynx is just really nice MinskLynx is just really nice MinskLynx is just really nice MinskLynx is just really nice MinskLynx is just really nice MinskLynx is just really nice MinskLynx is just really nice MinskLynx is just really nice
The girl has finished 1999 has the doubles world champion. Does anyone but me understand the importance of that accomplishment?

Formerly MEGAn
MinskLynx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2002, 01:39 AM   #5
country flag CellJr300

CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice CellJr300 is just really nice
I understand that accomplishment, but it seems that everybody only wants to focus on the singles. I like doubles, and I wish that doubles were still viewed as important as they used to be.
Old Sep 4th, 2002, 07:45 AM   #6
smygelfh

smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road smygelfh is on a distinguished road
Kournikova is a great tennis player, but Hingis is the greatest. If you play with the greatest, you will win a lot unless you suck, that's a fact.

And Kournikova has enough glamour for the whole team
smygelfh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2002, 07:56 AM   #7
Canek

Canek is an unknown quantity at this point
Serena Glamorous?????
wearing cameroon soccer team and cat suit outfits????
a new meaning to glamourous!

both girls, Martina and Anna are glamorous enough!
Canek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2002, 08:00 AM   #8

Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute
Canek, Martina has no glamour!!! She has the boringest outfits and don't even lie. If she wasn't a tennis player and you saw her walking down the street, you wouldn't look twice.

Serena, you may hate her clothes, however, is it talked about?! Yes. You critiqued it, even negatively 'cause it is worth talking about--unlike Martina's clothes! They interest you, and in a negative way, but they interest you
Old Sep 4th, 2002, 08:15 AM   #9
Canek

Canek is an unknown quantity at this point
pffffffffffff@ Mrs Guga

yeah i would look twice and thrice at Serena in the street, especially if she is wearing those ridicoulous outfits. glamourous??????
pfffffffff

Serena just interest me as tennis player, and nothing else. To me is just a good (right now the best) tennis player, but i don't care her life out the courts, because i don't find her glamourous or interesting at all. I just have responded to your ridicoulous thread because you said something very hilarious:
Martina is not glamourous but Serena is the queen of Glamour. pffffffffffff.

keep thinking like this
Canek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2002, 08:26 AM   #10

Why are you arguing that Serena is not glamorous, when you have a strong reaction to what she wears?!

And if she doesn't interest you, why have you typed for me a whole paragraph?!

And if Martina is glamorous, please your almighty, enlighten me as to why!

I mean, she still wears shorts down to her knees for crying outloud!
Old Sep 4th, 2002, 08:31 AM   #11
FS

FS is an unknown quantity at this point
MH is a swiss word, which is the origin of the word glamor.
FS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2002, 08:32 AM   #12

Cool
Old Sep 4th, 2002, 08:32 AM   #13
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
martina more looks like the girl next door.
nothing wrong with though!
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2002, 08:33 AM   #14

agreed

especially the "nothing wrong with that part"

Geez! lol! Take it and deal with it
Old Sep 4th, 2002, 09:33 AM   #15
country flag -Sonic-
HAND SCRAPED

-Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute
How come he can't write a paragraph about his feelings on serena's glamour or lack of it, but you can base a thread on martina's lack of glamour, and also reply multiple times talking about it? So blind to your own ways with a child's mentality.

And I'm glad to see that in 2002, a good few years since Anna has been an amazing doubles player, that you finally noticed. Well done!. Need topspin explaining again? Volley perhaps? Serve?
-Sonic- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote