Do you think the Family Circle Cup should be changed to clay? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 12th, 2009, 12:12 AM   #1
country flag tennisloverblake

tennisloverblake is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you think the Family Circle Cup should be changed to clay?

I am a tradionalist, but seeing that it is now competeing with a clay tournament in Barcelona, the FCC maybe should change to clay to entice the Italians and Spaniards.
tennisloverblake is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 12th, 2009, 12:46 AM   #2
country flag alwayshingis

alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you think the Family Circle Cup should be changed to clay?

It is on clay.
alwayshingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 10:32 AM   #3
country flag ChrisCologne

ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all

For ages, there was the tradition of female WTA events in Houston/Amelia Island/Charleston after Miami, Indian Wells and Boca Raton/Delray Beach.

This season was 2 weeks longer than of today in the 90ies.

There is the difference between the green clay in the US which used to be faster and the red clay in Europe which is slower.

It´s obvious that for schedule-wise reasons the shift to red clay is faster today because the Europeans can stay at home and make their points there with less flying etc.
ChrisCologne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 11:06 AM   #4
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

F*ck that. The tour needs more Har Tru, not less. It's a great surface for the players. Easy on the body. A little faster and hence more fun to watch matches on than red clay, IMO.

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 09:47 PM   #5
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayshingis View Post
It is on clay.
not proper clay, its pointless.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2009, 10:03 PM   #6
country flag alwayshingis

alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg View Post
No, playing on green clay is so much fun
alwayshingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 06:09 PM   #7
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think it's the perfect transition from hardcourts to red clay.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 06:51 PM   #8
vogus

vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute vogus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Har-Tru is really a more fun surface to play on than red clay. Europe can keep its clay, and we'll keep ours - Kthxbye!!
vogus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2009, 09:04 PM   #9
country flag santhuruu

santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute santhuruu has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to see more tournaments using green clay, way more fun matches!

Titles won:
Fill in the Draw: Australian Open 2007,Bali 2007
Race The Game: Player of the Month January 2007 and August 2008,Player of The Week Istanbul/Strasbourg 2007, Carson 2007,New Haven/Forest Hills 2008, US OPEN 2008
Pick A Winner: Stanford 2008
santhuruu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote