What tennis racquet do you use? - Page 35 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 25th, 2014, 12:20 PM   #511
country flag lovelovetennis

lovelovetennis is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What tennis racquet do you use?

The Head YOUTEK IG Extreme Pro 2.0. . love the plush feel and solid response from all areas of the court.
lovelovetennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 11th, 2014, 04:28 AM   #512
country flag MMJSL

MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute

Just upgraded from my Yonex Ezone Xi 100 to the newer version, Yonex Ezone Ai 100.

Saw it at Rogers Cup and fell in love with how it looks. Apparently the swing weight is heavier. I hope it's a good transition.

Wozniacki. Stosur. Jankovic. Bouchard. Halep.
Venus. Stephens. Cornet. Hampton. Bencic.
Seles. Henin. Davenport. Hingis. Clijsters.

Last edited by MMJSL : Aug 15th, 2014 at 05:42 PM.
MMJSL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #513
country flag magnus5

magnus5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Been playing with Wilson Juice BLX 108 for a year or maybe more. It's time to move on. My Wilson is just not heavy enough for net play and doesn't give me enough control for drop shots. Otherwise it's ok.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Wils...LSON-J108.html

Also been playing with Wilson Pro Open 100 BLX, but this one is ok just for half an hour. Then I get to tired.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Wils...LSON-WPOB.html

Yesterday I found out this guy - Prince Ozone Tour MP 16X18. This one is 310g heavy, but swinghweight is only 295g. It also have a smaller head.

http://www.squashgear.com/proztomptera.html

What do you think? How will that affect my game? My net-game?

Should I mention, I'm a heavy baseline spinner, but would like to come to net more often.
magnus5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2014, 04:18 PM   #514
country flag Vefci Y
You are not likeable,but I like you

Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMJSL View Post
Just upgraded from my Yonex Ezone Xi 100 to the newer version, Yonex Ezone Ai 100.

Saw it at Rogers Cup and fell in love with how it looks. Apparently the swing weight is heavier. I hope it's a good transition.

How do you feel about that?I am using XI 100 now,but I am not sure if I want to change to AI 100 or not,because I suppose Vcore XI will produce new version next year which may suit my game a little bit more

Jankovic~Govortsova~Minella~Tsurenko~A-Radwanska~Konjuh~Mattek-Sands

Capriati-Li-Golovin-A.Bondarenko-Safina-Vakulenko-Sprem-Dulko
Vefci Y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2014, 06:10 PM   #515
country flag MMJSL

MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute MMJSL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vefci Y View Post
How do you feel about that?I am using XI 100 now,but I am not sure if I want to change to AI 100 or not,because I suppose Vcore XI will produce new version next year which may suit my game a little bit more
I've only played with it twice but it is a major improvement for me. Let me give a backstory so my transition is easier to comprehend:

I really liked the Xi because it was the perfect blend of power and control for me. If you know what you are doing with it, you can really hit any shot. It doesn't have any glaring weaknesses for me except maybe on the slice. The weight and balance was also perfect for me, I could really whip the racquet around and get great racquet head acceleration.

My problems started to come when I started hitting with people who hit heavier balls. The sweet spot of the Xi is adequate but when you hit outside it, it's not great. It got hard to defend balls when I was being pushed around. And because I would get caught in these positions where it was harder to get the sweet spot right, I got pushed around more and more. I first saw the review on Tennis Warehouse about the racquet and that really caught my interest. When I saw how gorgeous the racquet was in person, I had to have it!

From the very first hit on the Ai, I knew instantly that this was a different racquet. I echo the Tennis Warehouse review and notice two things for sure: the swingweight and the sweetspot. The swing weight is a bit heavier than the Xi, it took about ten minutes of me hitting the ball late get my timing down but when I did, it felt amazing! You get the same balance of power and control from the Xi but more. It took longer to get my serve going because of the swingweight but when I did, that was also great.

The sweetspot was also great. MUCH better than the Xi. That's the biggest improvement. I didn't feel like I was being pushed around anymore. This is the most solid racquet I've ever played with.

Differences from Xi:
-more power, but also more control from the baseline, easier to hit winners
-a little less maneuverability because of the higher swingweight, this could be a problem if you are weaker, I'm not the strongest but I got used to it
-bigger sweetspot, also better on off centre hits

If the list above interests you, then I would at the very least recommend a demo. If you are strong and hit a clean ball, I would consider the Vcores.

If you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them.

Wozniacki. Stosur. Jankovic. Bouchard. Halep.
Venus. Stephens. Cornet. Hampton. Bencic.
Seles. Henin. Davenport. Hingis. Clijsters.

Last edited by MMJSL : Aug 15th, 2014 at 06:21 PM.
MMJSL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2014, 06:46 PM   #516
country flag Vefci Y
You are not likeable,but I like you

Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of Vefci Y has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMJSL View Post
I've only played with it twice but it is a major improvement for me. Let me give a backstory so my transition is easier to comprehend:

I really liked the Xi because it was the perfect blend of power and control for me. If you know what you are doing with it, you can really hit any shot. It doesn't have any glaring weaknesses for me except maybe on the slice. The weight and balance was also perfect for me, I could really whip the racquet around and get great racquet head acceleration.

My problems started to come when I started hitting with people who hit heavier balls. The sweet spot of the Xi is adequate but when you hit outside it, it's not great. It got hard to defend balls when I was being pushed around. And because I would get caught in these positions where it was harder to get the sweet spot right, I got pushed around more and more. I first saw the review on Tennis Warehouse about the racquet and that really caught my interest. When I saw how gorgeous the racquet was in person, I had to have it!

From the very first hit on the Ai, I knew instantly that this was a different racquet. I echo the Tennis Warehouse review and notice two things for sure: the swingweight and the sweetspot. The swing weight is a bit heavier than the Xi, it took about ten minutes of me hitting the ball late get my timing down but when I did, it felt amazing! You get the same balance of power and control from the Xi but more. It took longer to get my serve going because of the swingweight but when I did, that was also great.

The sweetspot was also great. MUCH better than the Xi. That's the biggest improvement. I didn't feel like I was being pushed around anymore. This is the most solid racquet I've ever played with.

Differences from Xi:
-more power, but also more control from the baseline, easier to hit winners
-a little less maneuverability because of the higher swingweight, this could be a problem if you are weaker, I'm not the strongest but I got used to it
-bigger sweetspot, also better on off centre hits

If the list above interests you, then I would at the very least recommend a demo. If you are strong and hit a clean ball, I would consider the Vcores.

If you have any questions, I'd be glad to answer them.
Thanks for your answers,my game is similar to A-Rad and Wozniacki,I`d love to defend and push from baseline,but I can be aggressive and come to the net for volley。I will think about buying AI 100 or not,my friend who using AI 98 also gave me some great feedback,and you too,it seems AI are really having many improvements from XI.

Jankovic~Govortsova~Minella~Tsurenko~A-Radwanska~Konjuh~Mattek-Sands

Capriati-Li-Golovin-A.Bondarenko-Safina-Vakulenko-Sprem-Dulko
Vefci Y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2014, 02:38 PM   #517
country flag Serena_Williams_

Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of Serena_Williams_ has much to be proud of

As i can't afford to buy a new racquest right now i am using this one:

“I'm not used to crying. . . . It's a little difficult. All my life I've had to fight. It's just another fight I'm going to have to learn how to win, that's all. I'm just going to have to keep smiling.”-Serena Williams
Serena_Williams_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2014, 12:26 AM   #518
country flag Picard

Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light Picard is a glorious beacon of light

Picard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2014, 08:04 PM   #519
country flag mirzalover

mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute

Wilson Blade 98s...and I hate it.
mirzalover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 06:47 PM   #520
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

Babolat AeroPro drive
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 07:44 PM   #521
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

i am still using the 88 sq inch prostaff....

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2014, 11:45 AM   #522
country flag Wiks

Wiks is an unknown quantity at this point
Head radical pro graphene, great racket!!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Wiks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 11:15 AM   #523
country flag iProdigy

iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all

Prince Shark MidPlus... from the google searches I made it looks like Masha used to use it? Really old racket. I am thinking of upgrading to Babolat soon and just using the Prince as my second racket. Unsure though
iProdigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2014, 10:35 PM   #524
country flag iProdigy

iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all iProdigy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_P View Post
I just bought the Babolat Pure Drive Wimbledon edition. It looks awesome.

I just ordered this racket, how does it play for you?
iProdigy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2014, 12:29 PM   #525
country flag seychelles

seychelles is a name known to all seychelles is a name known to all seychelles is a name known to all seychelles is a name known to all seychelles is a name known to all seychelles is a name known to all seychelles is a name known to all seychelles is a name known to all seychelles is a name known to all seychelles is a name known to all seychelles is a name known to all

1995-2000 I played with Pete Sampras's racquet, Wilson ProStaff Original 6.0
... still have one of them just for a kind of personal collection.

For several years I feel comfortable while using different versions of Roddick's Babolat Pure Drive.
seychelles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote