What tennis racquet do you use? - Page 25 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 10th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #361
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam View Post
I am curious about that new Dunlop racket, I have already ordered a 300 one series and will let you know how it is after it arrives.
awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 11th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #362
country flag okaythen

okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice

hi guys my tennis racquet is like 15 years old, it's the wilson hammer 6.2....it's still pretty good to me but just wondering what does the latest racquets have to offer?

also got a few other questions, to string the racquet ,is it pretty simple task? I am in Taiwan and I don't know who is good or who is crappy. Is it easy to string racquets can I just find any shop and let them string my racquets? Do I need to ask some questions to see if they know what they are doing? and how do I know if they did a shitty job stringing my racquet. Last time I had it strung and some player said the tension is way too low.

Also what are some of the more popular strings nowadays? before I like to use prince synthetic gut but that was like 12 years ago.

had a broken string and I just left the racquet there for few years. Is it bad for the racquet? before I heard you should take out all the strings if you got a broken string, it's better for the racquet.

thanks guys for reading and your help
okaythen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #363
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaythen View Post
hi guys my tennis racquet is like 15 years old, it's the wilson hammer 6.2....it's still pretty good to me but just wondering what does the latest racquets have to offer?

also got a few other questions, to string the racquet ,is it pretty simple task? I am in Taiwan and I don't know who is good or who is crappy. Is it easy to string racquets can I just find any shop and let them string my racquets? Do I need to ask some questions to see if they know what they are doing? and how do I know if they did a shitty job stringing my racquet. Last time I had it strung and some player said the tension is way too low.

Also what are some of the more popular strings nowadays? before I like to use prince synthetic gut but that was like 12 years ago.

had a broken string and I just left the racquet there for few years. Is it bad for the racquet? before I heard you should take out all the strings if you got a broken string, it's better for the racquet.

thanks guys for reading and your help

- Today's racquets offer much larger sweetspots at the same areas. So a 100 sq-inch yonex's sweetspot is much larger now than in a 10 year old model, same for the other brands.

- Today's racquets also have better torsion control and stability, so unless the model you're currently using has you totally pain free, you can always check out a racquet with the same specs but newer release.

- strings again are very dependent on your arm I guess. Idk if tennis warehouse ships to Taiwan, but they do have an excellent string guide, you should check it out.

- as long as there's no cracks or deficiencies in the structure of the frame it can definitely be restrung. but yeah never leave a racquet with snapped strings on the uneven tensions on the frame can warp it.
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #364
country flag okaythen

okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedRic View Post
- Today's racquets offer much larger sweetspots at the same areas. So a 100 sq-inch yonex's sweetspot is much larger now than in a 10 year old model, same for the other brands.

- Today's racquets also have better torsion control and stability, so unless the model you're currently using has you totally pain free, you can always check out a racquet with the same specs but newer release.

- strings again are very dependent on your arm I guess. Idk if tennis warehouse ships to Taiwan, but they do have an excellent string guide, you should check it out.

- as long as there's no cracks or deficiencies in the structure of the frame it can definitely be restrung. but yeah never leave a racquet with snapped strings on the uneven tensions on the frame can warp it.
wow thanks a lot, that's exactly what I wanted to find out...so newer racquets the sweetspots are bigger....and less pain for your arms....very good to hear I should try out some newer racquets. anyone know if they got new releases for my racquets? or can recommend some similar ones. My racquets are wilson hammer 6.2. Slazenger pro-braided. and yonex rq-380. My stroke forms are pretty good I never had much pain actually....but definitely good to prevent pains and gain bigger sweetspots! just about how much larger sweetspots for the newer racquets? 10% , 20% bigger?

thanks again

Last edited by okaythen : Nov 11th, 2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #365
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Quote:
wow thanks a lot, that's exactly what I wanted to find out...so newer racquets the sweetspots are bigger....and less pain for your arms....very good to hear I should try out some newer racquets. anyone know if they got new releases for my racquets? or can recommend some similar ones. My racquets are wilson hammer 6.2. Slazenger pro-braided. and yonex rq-380. My stroke forms are pretty good I never had much pain actually....but definitely good to prevent pains and gain bigger sweetspots! just about how much larger sweetspots for the newer racquets? 10% , 20% bigger?

thanks again
what's the square inchage on your current models?
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #366
country flag okaythen

Quote:
what's the square inchage on your current models?
I got one that's 95 and another that's 110.

so can any tennis shop string racquets is it a simple task to do? Can I just let any tennis shop string my racquet or I should find a reputable one?

thanks
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 04:06 AM   #367
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Help me pick a racket. (sorry but I forgot the names)

The Yonex Ivanovic one or the Babolat Clijsters one. ??

Not sure... what i'm looking for is control, but also power.

QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA. TAMARINE TANASUGARN.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZE LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
QUEEN ALEJANDRA NANCARREZ
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 04:38 AM   #368
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post

Ivanovic one. I don't like the new Babolats

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 04:45 AM   #369
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Last time, it was a toss up with 2 head rackets for me, I chose one. But then I played with the Babolat one for a bit and really liked it, now I regret getting this racket. And I don't want to make the same mistake.

Old Nov 12th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #370
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Last time, it was a toss up with 2 head rackets for me, I chose one. But then I played with the Babolat one for a bit and really liked it, now I regret getting this racket. And I don't want to make the same mistake.
Trial them first Most places let you do that Or buy through a club. They definitely will

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #371
country flag Kəv.

Yeh, TW has trials, thats how I played with it

I haven't tried the Yonex one though, was thinking of getting a new racket next year where they get new ones and the old ones go cheaper

Old Nov 12th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #372
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Quote:

I like Yonex more than Babolat, for two reasons. (1) Babolat frames are stiff as fuck, so if you put on poly strings and have elbow problems you might as well shred your tendons. (2) I really like the isometric shape design on the yonex blades, i like that the sweetspot is more round and forgiving.
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #373
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Quote:
I got one that's 95 and another that's 110.
so can any tennis shop string racquets is it a simple task to do? Can I just let any tennis shop string my racquet or I should find a reputable one?
thanks
Damn. That's a big range to play with, haha. Do you prefer one to the other? What's your game like?

Stringing should be done by an expert. A bad string job will make the world's best frame play like Shiiiiiiiiiiiit.
Old Nov 13th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #374
country flag Kəv.

Quote:
I like Yonex more than Babolat, for two reasons. (1) Babolat frames are stiff as fuck, so if you put on poly strings and have elbow problems you might as well shred your tendons. (2) I really like the isometric shape design on the yonex blades, i like that the sweetspot is more round and forgiving.
oh, I was going to put poly strings on.

Old Nov 13th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #375
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

Quote:
oh, I was going to put poly strings on.
not a big deal if you've never had tennis elbow. or if you're mechanics are correct.