What tennis racquet do you use? - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 05:33 AM   #211
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

Not really? I started playing with a Wilson albeit oversized and very light and it never really caused me any elbow trouble.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 06:07 AM   #212
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of

Man up, ladies. Racquets are supposed to be stiff.

Next thing you know, everyone will be using Babolats.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 06:39 AM   #213
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
Man up, ladies. Racquets are supposed to be stiff.

Next thing you know, everyone will be using Babolats.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Bencic Pavlyuchenkova Halep Muguruza Lottner
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 06:40 AM   #214
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Pools View Post
Is that the case with ALL wilson racuqets?
I don't know really.

Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 06:51 AM   #215
country flag Setsuna.
KaWOW! Leonard.

It seems that you can't have a great combo of spin & power with a Wilson racket unless you are Roger Federer or Serena Williams. Well, maybe that's just me. I struggle a lot hitting top spin shots with good pace with my Wilson racket. My shots are effective only if i hit it very flat (with perfect timing). I think a HEAD racket would make my life easier on the court so i will buy a HEAD racket asap.

Last edited by Setsuna. : Oct 3rd, 2011 at 07:20 AM.
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 03:10 PM   #216
country flag Spring Pools

Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute

I know that Babolats are known for having great spin potential and Wilson are great for flat, but what are other racquet brands known for? (Yonex, Prince, Head, Dunlop etc)
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 05:05 PM   #217
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of Caesar1844 has much to be proud of

Prince are known for breaking at the drop of a hat.
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 05:07 PM   #218

Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute Spring Pools has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar1844 View Post
Prince are known for breaking at the drop of a hat.
I thought that was only the white one. I heard the black one breaks your strings all the time. Zvonareva Stosur that one time...
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 05:12 PM   #219
country flag Caesar1844

The black one is pretty fragile as well.

Yonex have a reputation for spin racquets. Dunlop has a rep for allround easy-use racquets for rec players.
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 11:12 AM   #220
Kathy Rinaldi

Kathy Rinaldi has disabled reputation

It's an older racket but my fave is Wilson Hyper Hammer 6.3 (95"). Can't seem to buy them anymore. Does anyone know what plays the most similar in Wilson's current range?
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #221
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute

Just bought a new racket today and I'm in love with it It's a Wilson BLX, the version with yellow, white and black.

Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Kuwata - Nara - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - Schoofs - Kerkhove - Burger - Giorgi - Larsson - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
MarkNL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #222
country flag vexxx

vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold vexxx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNL View Post
Just bought a new racket today and I'm in love with it It's a Wilson BLX, the version with yellow, white and black.
Pro Open or Pro Tour? I played with the Pro Tour 2 times (my friend has it) and it feels really good, especially when serving
vexxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 10:19 PM   #223
country flag hessie

hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold hessie is a splendid one to behold

I've been playing with the Wilson BLX Cirrus 1 racquet.

TT D: 64 (High:18) 2014: (MD:22-23)(Q:0-3). Overall -(152-148).
Titles: 4. (2012: Versmold, Poitiers. 2013: Dothan, St. Petersburg)
Grand Slams: AUS: 3rd (R/UP), RG: 3rd (2nd), WIM: 1st (1st), US: 1st (1st)
hessie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 09:48 PM   #224
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
Such a Pova fan boy. Just ordered:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashabator View Post

I used prince o3 white, then Exo3 white but ex o3 whites frames break to easy so i now officially use Head Youtek IG Instinct (mashas racquet).
shows the marketing works.
How do you find it? I finally got to play test it tonight after a busy few weeks. It's the most unforgiving racket I have ever used . It feels very stiff and deceptively light. The racket has very little feel and very little feedback. It literally forces you to destroy every ball and I found it difficult to reign in the power and was hitting a lot of balls long. However, when it was on it was ON It was creating a very loud gorgeous popping sound when struck clean and added to the effect of winners . As mentioned by many reviewers I can also feel tension in my elbow and shoulder now after using it...I really like it and do not regret purchasing it. I think with a little more practice it could become a great weapon!

Paszek & Chakvetadze & Vaidisova & Sharapova & Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Ciarán is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2011, 04:30 PM   #225

Anyone have any thoughts on the Prince Exo3 100 Tour 18x20?