Fun after disappointment in Ponte Vedra and in Charleston. - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 18th, 2009, 09:52 PM   #286
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fun after disappointment in Ponte Vedra and in Charleston.

Did you watch the match Chiakifug?

Zvonareva Kleybanova Mattek-Sands

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Koukalova Errani

Baltacha (RIP) Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 18th, 2009, 10:04 PM   #287
country flag DaMatz

DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future DaMatz has a brilliant future

I´ve had also seen the match. Sabine had more errors but she hit 33 winners, Bartoli hit 5. Was a really nice game from Sabine, too good for Bartoli.

But I know how good Bartoli can play, but the victory was very derserved for Sabine

I wish Marion the best for the next tournaments
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 10:05 PM   #288
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

I saw some parts of it on a sports channel on tv. Sabine was just amazing, playing even better then against Venus i thought. Marion had no chance. It was like when she played Vika in Brisbane, the match was out of her control.
Ferg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 10:11 PM   #289
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Well, she had many errors against Vika, and served crap.

Obviously I'm thirlled that Sabine is playing so well, but I would like to know how Marion is playing on clay. Looking at the stats, I assume she is just spinning the first serve in, and I just wonder what her movement is like.

Old Apr 18th, 2009, 10:16 PM   #290
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Eh, her movement wasnt great to be honest, as clay isnt her surface, she looks much better on hard or grass. And while she was getting the serve in she wasnt going for power, she was concentrating on merely getting it in which was disppointing. It wasnt as good as her serving against Czink but wasnt as bad as her serving against Karantacheva. Poor but not terrible.
Ferg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2009, 10:22 PM   #291
country flag Marionated

Yes, and when her movement and serve are poor, she can be really hit off the court.

There's a match of hers against Sania Mirza (you can see it on youtube) at the US open (albeit this was Marion when she wasn't such a great player and when her movement was poor on every surface+her serve was very bad), and I assume what happened in that match happened today.

Well she really does struggle on clay. I don't expect much from her on it, but this tournament alone is better than her entire 08 clay-court season.

Allez!

Old Apr 19th, 2009, 03:11 AM   #292
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

yeh that's what I was going to say slumptoli, she's already won more matches on clay this year then she did for the entire season last year, so this is 200 points for free basically
Old Apr 19th, 2009, 04:57 AM   #293
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Have read some reports from reliable sources who are NOT Marion-haters,and indications were that this match was a real ass-whupping.Still,I'll take solace in that Marion hates clay and yet made her 3rd career clay SF on the WTA level....Regardless,aye DO wish she hadn't been hurt in the 2007 Prague final.She would've stomped a mudhole in Morigami's ass as she did in their other meetings,and she'd have had at least a token clay title on her resume....Oh well(sigh)....

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2009, 06:48 PM   #294
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Sabine Lisicki defeated Caroline Wozniacki in 2 sets : 6-2 6-4. Sabine Lisicki was really on fire this week.

And for Marion, a semi final on a clay tournament is really a good thing. 1 week to improve 1st serve before Stuttgart, Rome and Madrid.

What a schedule !
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2009, 07:03 PM   #295
country flag Marionated

I saw some highlights on europsort a few hours ago.
The first serve defnitely needs work
Allez for Stuttgart!

Old Apr 19th, 2009, 07:04 PM   #296
country flag Marionated

Good to lose to the eventual champ. Sabine really was on fire.

Old Apr 20th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #297
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

21-8 for the season already!

allez marion