Ági's new coach - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 25th, 2010, 10:12 AM   #31
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future
Re: Ági's new coach

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."

Last edited by Hakapeszi : May 2nd, 2010 at 08:18 PM.
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 21st, 2010, 10:50 AM   #32
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

Karl-Heinz Wetter OUT

Gábor Köves IN

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."

Last edited by Hakapeszi : Dec 23rd, 2010 at 07:00 AM.
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2010, 11:40 AM   #33
country flag Gregorio87

Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of Gregorio87 has much to be proud of

It's ridiculous what's happening with Agi... Köves isn't bad but someone as talented as Agi needs a better a coach than him.

I think I won't visit the forum in the next days, so Merry Christmas for Everyone!
Gregorio87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 07:23 AM   #34
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no, I actually liked Karl-Heinz who is this guy ? Ági, please have good judgement.
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 03:20 PM   #35
country flag serenawilliams00

serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all serenawilliams00 is a name known to all

Ági started training for 2011

After a few weeks' break Ági started training for the next season. She begins with the fitness trainings and will gradually to tennis practice sessions. Ági trains with the other Fed Cup team members this week, e.g with Gréta Arn, Melinda Czink and Timi Babos. It's the first time in 5 years that Ági doesn't play the Australian Open, but she is optimistic about the future.

"I'm happy that I'm finally healthy and was able to start training. Unfortunately the end of the season didn't go as planned, and I'm disappointed that I cannot play the Australian Open, but I'm not frustrated. The most important for me now is to stay healthy and be fully prepared for the next season. I think the circumstances are ideal at MTK and at the Gold's Gym also, where I have my fitness sessions. It's great that the best Hungarian players are at home now and we can train together." - said Ági.

Ági and her coach, Karl-Heinz Wetter have parted ways, so she started training with her new coach, Gábor Köves. He is a former Hungarian champion in doubles and he also played the Davis Cup several times. Between 2003 and 2005 he was Petra Mandula's coach, so he is familiar with women's tennis. They had some great results together, including a 4th round at Roland Garros, quarterfinal in Charleston, semi in Sopot and a doubles title in Budapest. He was part of the Hungarian Olympic team in 1988 in Seoul, in 1996 in Atlanta and in 2000 in Sydney. In 2004 he was the coach of the olympic team in Athens. He was also part of the Davis Cup team that reached the biggest success of Hungarian team tennis, when in 1995 the team defeated Australia 3-2 and advanced to the world group.

"It"s an honor to be Ági's coach. Since I work as a commentator, I often followed her matches, so I know her game well. We discussed the training program and the plans for the future and I feel that everything is set for a good preparation for 2011. Ági is very talented and with the training plan we discussed, I believe she will be able to reach her goals." - said Gábor Köves.

"I'm happy that Gábor accepted to be my coach, and I'm really looking forward to playing matches. At the moment I'm training with the Fed Cup team, we have a lot of fitness sessions and we'll start the tennis practices in January." - said Ági.
Ági's first WTA tournament of 2011 will be the GDF Suez Open in Paris in February.
// http://www.szavayagi.hu/hirek.php?lng=en&page=wta_tour //
serenawilliams00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 07:47 PM   #36
country flag Hajrá Ági!
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all Hajrá Ági! is a name known to all

I really don't know what to think about this. Karl-Heinz improved her game so much over the last year and personally I really liked him as her coach. She seemed to genuinely trust his judgement which is not always easy for a player to do. Maybe he decided to spend more time with his family? I know he did that before when he was coaching Melzer or Gulbis.

At the end of the day though, Ági has to make the right choices for her, and she's been showing a lot of maturity in her choices both on and off court so hopefully she's made a good choice here. She loves Hungary and the Hungarian people so maybe basing herself at home instead of in Austria will be good for her confidence. She always seems happiest there so hopefully that helps with her results and fitness this season. I can't wait for Paris now!

What are the facilities like at MTK? In an ideal world I'd rather she was training at Vasas, but I've never seen the MTK facilities so that's based purely on me supporting Vasas SC.

Last edited by Hajrá Ági! : Dec 22nd, 2010 at 07:55 PM.
Hajrá Ági! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote