Ági's new coach - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 01:20 PM   #1
country flag mon72

mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all
Ági's new coach

It said on Ági's official webpage that her management still hasn't found a permanent coach for her. For the time being (that is for the clay season) Ági will be coached by former tennis pro Attila Sávolt (Hungarian, highest rank:68). He has a tennis academy in Hungary where he currently coaches Ági's sister Blanka too. Anyway, due to this committment, he won't be able to become a full time coach for Ági.

I am personally furious with Ági's mananagement because they are wasting so much time although this issue should be their highest priority. I don't know if they are a, cheap fuckers who are not willing to pay for a well-known (and expensive) coach or b, are simply incompetent to do the job?

any thoughts on that?
mon72 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 07:08 PM   #2
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ági's new coach

Usually ITF girls have coaches from their country that also coach other players from their country (in this case other Hungarians). I think that Agi is just way too talented to 'share' a coach with other players. My advice for Agnes: Get a new coach. Attila can just be your part-time coach

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 09:42 PM   #3
country flag iGOAT

iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute iGOAT has a reputation beyond repute

This guy should ditch his academy and coach her and her sister

But seriously, what about their Fed Cup coach?

Her management sounds horrible, they can't get a coach, they give her a horrible schedule, and they got her serve all screwy last year so she lost all her confidence, which started the slump
iGOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 11:16 PM   #4
country flag Peterk07

Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mon72 View Post
It said on Ági's official webpage that her management still hasn't found a permanent coach for her. For the time being (that is for the clay season) Ági will be coached by former tennis pro Attila Sávolt (Hungarian, highest rank:68). He has a tennis academy in Hungary where he currently coaches Ági's sister Blanka too. Anyway, due to this committment, he won't be able to become a full time coach for Ági.
A small correction: the article says, that Savolt will coach her for the preparation for the clay season. Only for the next 3 weeks. So it's rather assisting her than actually coaching.

I'm not a fan of her management too, but I think we should blame her ex-coach about her wrong shcedule, and most importantly her awful preparation for the season. It's a shame, because Kucharszky is otherwise a very good coach, but it seems they didn't fit each other. (Her altered serve movement was a necessity because the old movement hurt her back, so I wouldn't blame anyone. We have seen in Justine's and currently see in Ana's case, that it's a very tough and quite a long term job to alter someone's serve movement, and keep the quality and consistency.)

Anyway, I hope they'll find a new coach by the end of this month - as they promised a few days ago.
Peterk07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2009, 04:06 PM   #5
country flag mon72

mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all mon72 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterk07 View Post
A small correction: the article says, that Savolt will coach her for the preparation for the clay season. Only for the next 3 weeks. So it's rather assisting her than actually coaching.
yeah, you are right,i didn't read it carefully.

anyway, my point is that the management seems to be wasting precious time - they are there in the first place to help Agi to concentrate on her game and they should sort out all other things for her. but time is running by and i am (we are) still waiting for Agi's big breakthrough (apart from her mini-breakthrough of 2007 she hasn't done anything remarkable for over a year now). And it makes me sad to see that her talent gets wasted, especially when i look at how high her peers are ranked- Radwanska, Azarenka, Wozniacki, Cornet, Cibulkova etc.

With the right coach, she could do wonders. And i just can't understand what takes the management so long to find one. i guess i just got a bit impatient and frustrated with the situation.

Last edited by mon72 : Apr 5th, 2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 03:36 AM   #6
country flag Peterk07

Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of Peterk07 has much to be proud of

Quote:
With the right coach, she could do wonders. And i just can't understand what takes the management so long to find one. i guess i just got a bit impatient and frustrated with the situation.
Well, I think it's not just about finding someone to coach Agi, but finding the right person. Kucharszky seemed to be the right person, and we all saw what happened. Agi is actually doing better alone than with him. Looking at the positive side, it's a good news because it says that Agi has grown up, she can regroup herself, she can get over negative periods.

So there is no point to have someone who is just travelling and kicking balls with her. She needs someone who she really trusts, who really can help her to get rid of the flaws of her game. Incosistency in the first place, then serve, then in game tactics, etc. Kucharszky saw these flaws, but couldn't help her.

So while I can't wait to hear the name of the new coach - just like you. -, on the other side I'd say I will wait as long as it takes, just please, please find the right guy for Agi.
Peterk07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2009, 01:46 PM   #7
country flag mon72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterk07 View Post
So while I can't wait to hear the name of the new coach - just like you. -, on the other side I'd say I will wait as long as it takes, just please, please find the right guy for Agi.
I second that

on a sidenote: i don't think Sávolt is necessarily a bad choice - he might "click" with Ági. My only problem with him is that he can't become a permanent coach. And Ági needs someone to be there for her 24/7. And this someone should be more a friend/partner type of coach than an authoritarian / father figure type. (As much as i liked Kuharszky Ági was far more successful with Bocskai). I was even thinking a female coach might not be a bad idea.
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 12:37 PM   #8
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

Ági & Sávolt

"– Még csak ismerkedem Attilával, de az is elképzelhető, hogy hosszabb ideig dolgozunk együtt – mondta Szávay, akinek visszatért az önbizalma."

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Hakapeszi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 03:20 PM   #9
country flag mon72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakapeszi View Post
"– Még csak ismerkedem Attilával, de az is elképzelhető, hogy hosszabb ideig dolgozunk együtt – mondta Szávay, akinek visszatért az önbizalma."
wow it's quite promising. It seems they "clicked". My hopes are rising regarding the clay season.
Anyway, i still don't get why was all that bullshitting about 'a foreign coach' necessary, when they wanted Sávolt in the first place?
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 03:39 PM   #10
country flag Hakapeszi

Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future Hakapeszi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Anyway, i still don't get why was all that bullshitting about 'a foreign coach' necessary, when they wanted Sávolt in the first place?
Nope. I think it's an open sentence, and doesn't say anything about Sávolt's 'first place'. It can be a foreign coach too.

"Fine words." Tyrion was unimpressed. "Words are wind. Who is this bloody savior?"
"A dragon." The cheesemonger saw the look on his face at that, and laughed. "A dragon with three heads."
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 05:00 PM   #11
country flag mon72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakapeszi View Post
Nope. I think it's an open sentence, and doesn't say anything about Sávolt's 'first place'. It can be a foreign coach too.
I didn't mean this one particular sentence but the countless, contradicting statements made by the management over the last couple of months.
Old May 30th, 2009, 01:37 AM   #12
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Was the guy in the stands today Agi's coach?

Old May 30th, 2009, 08:28 AM   #13
country flag mon72

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Was the guy in the stands today Agi's coach?

no, he's her boyfriend
Old Jul 2nd, 2009, 11:45 PM   #14
country flag hellas719

Who is her new non-Hungarian coach? Name?

Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 04:45 PM   #15
country flag Hakapeszi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Who is her new non-Hungarian coach? Name?
We don't know name yet.