Did I hear this right? Not even indoor practise courts? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 11:45 PM   #1
country flag -Sonic-
HAND SCRAPED

-Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute
Did I hear this right? Not even indoor practise courts?

I heard a commentator say today that the only covered courts at the US Open were being used as hospitality areas... is this true?

Even 'can't do a thing right' Wimbledon has indoor courts so during the downpours people can still hit a ball or two.
-Sonic- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 12:05 AM   #2
country flag griffin
double-dog daredevil

griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute griffin has a reputation beyond repute
You did indeed.

Surely you don't think the actual players are more important than the corporate characters who never fill the seats they buy?

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 12:23 AM   #3
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute
Even the Toronto masters series has indoor practice courts

LAME!
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 02:08 AM   #4
venusfan

venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of venusfan has much to be proud of
Well, at least the Open have lights on all courts so that there can be matches after 9pm
"I told her, `You don't want to get into a hitting battle with Sharapova, because it would be uneven for Sharapova, because Sharapova only has one good side and that's her backhand,"'. "`You don't want to get into that for the simple reason you would win. So try to hit some balls to her strong side, to her backhand, and that would help you with your match for tomorrow

Sir Richard Williams
venusfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 09:25 AM   #5
country flag -Sonic-
HAND SCRAPED

-Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute -Sonic- has a reputation beyond repute
which isn't so great if you've been waiting around for 6 hours to play that match, without hitting a ball for 48 hours beforehand.
-Sonic- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:14 AM   #6
martinafan

martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute martinafan has a reputation beyond repute
The Aussie open is truly the best grand slam for the players IMO......two courts with a roof, so there will always be play, and there won't be such terrible delays and backlogs of the draw....also indoor practice courts, and if i remember correctly from when i was down there, lights on the outside courts aswell!
martinafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 10:42 AM   #7
country flag Buitenzorg

Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute Buitenzorg has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by martinafan
The Aussie open is truly the best grand slam for the players IMO......two courts with a roof, so there will always be play, and there won't be such terrible delays and backlogs of the draw....also indoor practice courts, and if i remember correctly from when i was down there, lights on the outside courts aswell!
Indeed.....

Perhaps we can have :

1. Australian OPEN (Melbourne Park Australia)

2. French OPEN (Melbourne Park Australia)

3. Wimbledon (Melbourne Park Australia)

4. US OPEN (Melbourne Park Australia)

* All of 4 GS event held at Melbourne Park Australia! what do you reckon guys!
Buitenzorg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote