Marion in Miami. - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 28th, 2009, 12:09 PM   #61
country flag Charlieflip
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all
Re: Marion in Miami.

Someone has a confirmed report on what was wrong with her?

Ivanovic|Cornet|Bartoli|Radwanska|Hantuchova
Charlieflip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 28th, 2009, 12:12 PM   #62
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree. How great to have double 5 in her best 16 results .

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2009, 12:19 PM   #63
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

@charliflip - i don know.

@antoine, it's horrible!! I don't know how she is hoping to have another top 10 season when she is missing these important tournaments!
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 10:54 AM   #64
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like this loss has cut all the enthusiasm we had about this season .
It's nothing shocking to see her losing to players like Yakimova, Marion has always been very inconsistent. Shame it had to happen in those mandatory tournaments... Thanks God she had a great AO.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Mar 30th, 2009, 11:32 AM   #65
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
It looks like this loss has cut all the enthusiasm we had about this season .
Not at all.
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 12:50 PM   #66
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
Not at all.
Well, this place has been dead silent for a couple of days. That's why I was wondering
It's just very long to wait for the next tournament now... 2 matches in one month and the next one coming only in 2 weeks, wow, that's very little! At least Marion has time to rest herself & be in better form.

Old Mar 30th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #67
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
Well, this place has been dead silent for a couple of days. That's why I was wondering
It's just very long to wait for the next tournament now... 2 matches in one month and the next one coming only in 2 weeks, wow, that's very little! At least Marion has time to rest herself & be in better form.
I spoke to Lighter at the weekend. He is unable to use the internet just now.

Bunch of pics from Monterrey on the blog later.
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 02:14 PM   #68
country flag Inktrailer

Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of Inktrailer has much to be proud of

Really disappointed that Marion went out so early again, but fingers crossed that the time will be spent to prepare well for the next tournament - is it correct that won't be playing again until Charleston?

Vika Azarenka // Shahar Peer // Virginie Razzano // Caro Wozniacki// Flavia Pennetta

Elena Baltacha // Katie O'Brien // Anne Keothavong // Sarah Borwell // Melanie South // Naomi Cavaday

Tipping Titles 2010: Miami, Rome, Eastbourne, Stanford
Inktrailer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 03:10 PM   #69
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Correct. It makes no sense to be playing International events now that she has already one final & a title under her belt.

Old Mar 30th, 2009, 06:05 PM   #70
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if she decides to play an international events for the rest of the year.
I don't know. Maybe she could qualify for the SEC internationl event.
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 09:47 PM   #71
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Early comeback for Baba : she is into Ponte Vedra Beach MD. I have just seen that on the website of the tournament.
I don't think it will be useful as regards her rank but as she needs to play matches, I won't complain about the decision

Old Mar 31st, 2009, 09:55 PM   #72
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

I don't about this decision to be constantly playing if she is unwell.

I heart Masha informed me in his GM thread that she looked sick when he met her Miami. He/She will write a report on the match.
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 09:59 PM   #73
country flag Marionated

Next up was Bartoli and Yakimova on court 3. Szavai had just finished up on this court, and as I walked in, I saw Marion walking toward me from the stands--she had been watching the prior match from the bleachers instead of waiting in the locker room! You don't see that much in Miami...As she was patiently navigating toward the court entrance, I said "Hello, Marion! Good luck!" as we were face to face. She said "thank you" but looked a little subdued. I really think she wasn't feeling well. By the end of warm up, she was sweating quite a bit. Her legs, especially, were covered in sweat. She was broken early, and while she broke back and leveled at 2-2, that was the high point of the day for her. She was making tons of UEs, but credit Yakimova for making her work harder out there than she obviously was able to. Near the end of the 1st set she called her Dad out for coaching, but he didn't have much to say, as I think they were both resigned to the fact that it just wasn't her day. Walter was sitting a row down and a couple of seats over from me in this match, and I really didn't see him change expressions the whole time.

Marion took an extended toilet break after set 1, and while she fought on in set 2, she just never got in a position where she was ahead, and I think that in and of itself probably weighed her down mentally and contributed to her defeat. Yakimova is short, and petite, and I think she just handled the heat better than Marion did. I made a few videos of Marion in this match, including one of her footwork on the serve, which is among the oddest and most mechanical you'll ever see.

Marion looked over to the stands a lot, and I let her know I was supporting her by demonstratively clapping (so did some others) but I think she was looking for answers more than anything.

Maybe it was just the heat. Remember she played awfully in the AO QF when it was hot.