why are so many posters desperate for Vika to become a challenger to the top? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 04:04 PM   #1
DA FOREHAND

DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute DA FOREHAND has a reputation beyond repute
why are so many posters desperate for Vika to become a challenger to the top?

If reading some of these thread titles is an idication, there are two camps, those that want womens tennis to have more rivalries and threats for titles, and then there are those hoping someone will keep the WS from dominating the tour.

"And for the best of the teen-agers who followed her, and who occasionally referred to her as over the hill, Graf had a ready answer: against top-ranked Martina Hingis, Graf wound up 7-2. Graf's stirring 4-6, 7-5, 6-2 throttling of Hingis at the French Open final this June was perhaps the most emphatic parting shot the game has ever seen. "

DA FOREHAND is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 04:09 PM   #2
country flag njnetswill

njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute
Re: why are so many posters desperate for Vika to become a challenger to the top?

Vika is a young player who just broke the top 10. I think it is natural for people to question at this stage whether she is capable of challenging the top players and win the big titles. Whether you are a WS fan or not, I think fans of women's tennis can all agree that the state of the tour right now is pretty bad, and if a player like Vika can get it together and actually bring some extra quality to the tour, it would be a good thing.
njnetswill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 04:09 PM   #3
country flag AndreConrad

AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: why are so many posters desperate for Vika to become a challenger to the top?

There is nothing unusual about it. Victoria is a good player, some think she is an excellent player. Furthermore she has her fan group as many other players that perhaps are not as good as her. It is quite normal for the fans to be excited for her results; maybe even over excited. I think at the very least Victoria deserves a group of fans like that.
Bally, Rest In Peace!
AndreConrad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote