JJ explains why she isn't playing well this year :( - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2009, 06:11 PM   #1
country flag ivanban

ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute
JJ explains why she isn't playing well this year :(

Latest blog from her official website:

To my dear fans,

Firstly, I want to apologize for not writing in so long. I've had some problems in the family and haven't been playing my best, so I've been quite preoccupied. I'm happy to write to you all again now, though, and tell you what's going on.

I haven't started the year like I wanted to. As you can all see, I haven't been playing well at all. I'm struggling with my game, most importantly my reactions and speed. I feel quite heavy on the court. I'm getting to my shots late, and I'm never in the right place.. At this level, at the top of the women's game, you need this. It has been my biggest weapon in the past, too. Even when my shots weren't working I always had my legs, and I've won many matches because I've moved and competed well. It was always my Plan B, and it's not there anymore. I've lost it now. I'm just trying to find it again.

My preparation in the off-season was different this year, and I don't think the change has worked out for me. These weren't the results I expected. Especially after ending last year so well, my goal this year was to start dominating women's tennis. I wanted to be even better in 2009. I feel like I've gone down a few levels. My whole game is suffering, and I've lost my confidence. I'm making changes, like I'll be working with a new fitness coach. I hope to find my game again soon. I'm staying positive. I need to keep growing and working hard, and keep my head up high even though it's not so easy sometimes.

I'm here in Indian Wells with my mom, who hasn't been feeling so well. She's struggling with some health problems. I'm really worried about her. That also affects my tennis, because I'm so close to her and the last few nights I haven't slept many hours. If she needs something, I want to be right there with her. As a tennis player you go through a crisis now and then with your game, but it's just a game, and at the end of the day there are more important things: the people who are close to you, the ones you love a lot. I just hope she gets better, that's what I care about most in this moment. My game can come together sooner or later, hopefully. It can be hard to talk about these things... hopefully you can all understand.

I'm leaving for Miami soon and will write to you from there next week. I hope things will start to change for the better. Many people have been asking me why I haven't been smiling on the court lately. All I can say is, hopefully you'll see the smile back very soon

Hopefully you're all doing well. Take care and a big hug to all of you.

Jelena

ivanban is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 20th, 2009, 06:14 PM   #2
tennnisfannn

tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: JJ explains why she isn't playing well this year :(

stay positive JJ and all the best!
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 06:14 PM   #3
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Awww JJ
WowWow is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 06:15 PM   #4
country flag volta

volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute

aw everything will be alright JJ
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 06:16 PM   #5
country flag RenaSlam.

RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute RenaSlam. has a reputation beyond repute

__W00.01.05.07.08__USO00.01__
RenaSlam. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 06:17 PM   #6
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

I believe she is sincere in what she is saying---but I think it would be a difficult thing for her mother to react to when she reads it.
nelsondan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 06:19 PM   #7
country flag ivanban

ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
I believe she is sincere in what she is saying---but I think it would be a difficult thing for her mother to react to when she reads it.
Ya, but when you're ill - you know you're ill
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 06:19 PM   #8
country flag Mashafaaaaan

Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold Mashafaaaaan is a splendid one to behold

I think we get it
Mashafaaaaan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 06:22 PM   #9
country flag V's a star

V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute

"dominating women's tennis"
V's a star is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 06:24 PM   #10
country flag ivanban

Quote:
Originally Posted by V's a star View Post
She was dominating at the end of last year
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 06:30 PM   #11
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

Some of you people are jerks. I can't believe you are rolling your eyes at this and laughing. The girl is going through a hard time, she is explaining to her fans what is happening - not just telling it during an interview. I hope your favourite will go through the same. I'm sure you wouldn't react the same way. I think it shows what you are made of.

I hope Jelena will find her tennis soon again, but even more important, that her mother will be well. I'm glad she realizes there are more important things in life than tennis.

Come back soon Jelena

Andreas is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 06:35 PM   #12
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute

Dominating is an unrealistic goal for her though.

Paszek & Chakvetadze & Vaidisova & Sharapova & Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Ciarán is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 06:37 PM   #13
country flag DokicPova

DokicPova is a name known to all DokicPova is a name known to all DokicPova is a name known to all DokicPova is a name known to all DokicPova is a name known to all DokicPova is a name known to all DokicPova is a name known to all DokicPova is a name known to all DokicPova is a name known to all DokicPova is a name known to all DokicPova is a name known to all

I love her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V's a star View Post

get some class.
DokicPova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 06:37 PM   #14
country flag ivanban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarán. View Post

Dominating is an unrealistic goal for her though.
IDK how else would you call winning 3 tournaments in 3 consecutive weeks
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 06:43 PM   #15
country flag V's a star

V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute V's a star has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanban View Post
She was dominating at the end of last year
Ya she dominated Vera and Safina good job JJ
V's a star is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread