Sophie Letcher - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 8th, 2011, 01:37 AM   #16
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sophie Letcher

I watched this little clip of her playing during the Optus 18s, and was impressed by what I saw. She's well-built; she can move; the technique on her groundstrokes is rock-solid. To be perfectly honest, I see a little bit of Clijsters in her game. Yes... Kim is a freak of nature, and it will probably be eons until another one just like her is created. That said, a little bit of Clijsters is a whole lot better than none at all. When I came in here -- hoping to find out more about Sophie -- I was just as surprised to see that she didn't have a thread of her own. However, when I Googled her... I realized that OZTENNIS had started a thread for her back in '09, but it quickly ran out of steam. I'm guessing that's why it's now in the archives collecting dust. Anyway, I think that she's got 'Top 100' written all over her.

Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2011, 03:01 AM   #17
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: .:::.Sophie Letcher.:::.

Bump!!

Nice research Danimoo , will try and get a mod to merge the two threads.

And LOL @Golovinjured, she's almost top 300 now
Old Jan 8th, 2011, 04:52 AM   #18
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I searched "Letcher"...
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2011, 09:06 AM   #19
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

double bagel loss today to Yakimova sadly.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 07:38 AM   #20
country flag ciprianned

ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold ciprianned is a splendid one to behold

Letcher vs. Beltrame

http://www.livescorehunter.com/streams/tennis/aoq1.html

3-3 first set .

Good luck Letcher !
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 07:43 AM   #21
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Sophie's started off well. On serve at 4-4 but has only lost 5 points on serve so far. Go Sophie!!
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 09:39 AM   #22
country flag broncosven

broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute broncosven has a reputation beyond repute

Sophie won 6-3 3-6 8-6
BOOO YAAAA !!!!!

Alicia Molik~Nicole Pratt~Samantha Stosur~Christina Wheeler

Nicole Kriz~Monique Adamczak~Isabella Holland~Jessica Moore

Emily Hewson~Trudi Musgrave~Sophie Ferguson~Casey Dellacqua
broncosven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 09:41 AM   #23
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Sophie! Definitely rising quickly.. now in the 2nd round of Qualifying at the Australian Open!!

Her ranking will jump to around 286 with this win... amazing!
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 10:08 AM   #24
country flag RandomShot

RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold RandomShot is a splendid one to behold

Saved 2 MP I think, good to battle out a win like that .
Mum, dad, we have a trophy!
RandomShot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #25
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome win Soph. Thought she'd lost it when I left in the third set. Let's hope she doesn't get smashed again next round
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #26
country flag Territory

No matter what happens tomorrow, I'm just so impressed that she's at least going to be have 2-2 Win-Loss record at WTA level. So many young Aussies take quite a few tournaments to get off even that far off the ground at that level, if they ever do!

But she also has a chance against Dubois tomorrow. Looks like it won't be live-streamed though... it's scheduled for Court 6 or something.
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 11:13 AM   #27
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

So glad i stayed to see another aussie win....sophie stayed so composed when it really mattered....i hope she can back it up tomnorrow against dubois
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #28
country flag bertieb

bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice bertieb is just really nice

I agree, everytime she got annoyed with herself Sophie was composed for the next point- not what you expect from someone so young. She also went for her shots whenever she was down a break or a match point - wasn't afraid to win.

Can't remember being as impressed of a young Aussie lady - especailly after a win
bertieb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2011, 03:43 PM   #29
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

good luck for round 2 Sophie. Seems like she played very impressively.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2011, 12:12 AM   #30
country flag Territory

Bad luck to Sophie who went down 1-6 4-6 in her 2nd round qualifying match to Stephanie Dubois. A nice improvement on her double bagel to Yakimova last week!

Sophie's projected to jump to #282 after the AO, passing Tammi Patterson and the injured Casey Dellacqua. An amazing effort - she was ranked in the 800s this time last year!

And I still can't get over the fact that she's played all her tennis in Australia! Let's hope she's bought some plane tickets and will head overseas soon...