the tennis channel is a waste of money - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 17th, 2009, 06:48 PM   #1
country flag tropolis

tropolis tropolis tropolis tropolis tropolis tropolis tropolis tropolis tropolis tropolis tropolis
the tennis channel is a waste of money

they replay finals from months ago. like they have on monterrey today instead of indian wells. pretty pathetic.
tropolis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 17th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #2
TSequoia01

TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future
Re: the tennis channel is a waste of money

Sometimes I would rather see old tennis than no tennis.

SERENA PRINCESS OF POWER
Victoria Duval - coming to a slam near you
Françoise Abanda definitely a future #1

Serena and Venus grannies with a purpose
Kimiko Date Krumm great granny still doing her thing.
TSequoia01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 06:50 PM   #3
country flag Svetlana.

Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana. has a reputation beyond repute

Fox Sport channel shows IW in the States this year...

TC probably does not nave enough money to compete with any of the other sport channels in the States
Svetlana. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 06:52 PM   #4
country flag volta

volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute

i wish i had it
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #5
country flag tropolis

tropolis tropolis tropolis tropolis tropolis tropolis tropolis tropolis tropolis tropolis tropolis

i'll trade you tennis channel for whatever you got, because tennis channel aint shit. the ultimate hottie of hottie matchup could occur in the next round with ivanovic facing off hantuchova, and i'll have to search forever to find it live on the internet because the channel that's supposed to have all these events is replaying destination tennis with some guy i've never heard of.
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 06:57 PM   #6
country flag volta

volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute volta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i'll trade you tennis channel for whatever you got, because tennis channel aint shit. the ultimate hottie of hottie matchup could occur in the next round with ivanovic facing off hantuchova, and i'll have to search forever to find it live on the internet because the channel that's supposed to have all these events is replaying destination tennis with some guy i've never heard of.
well i only have Eurosport and ESPN classic (sometimes they show great matches :wub: )
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 07:03 PM   #7
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't say that it's a waste of money. It's not very fan-friendly if you're only interested in the WTA, for sure. But occasionally they pull out some real gems, like the Pepsi Grand Slam matches they've been airing. To me, the value in TTC is the re-airing of the classic matches.

As for their coverage of the grand slams, I was excited that they would be supplementing ESPN's coverage until seeing the abominable coverage at the AO. ESPN shows about 5 players three times a day, and TTC then just replays those matches *again* in an edited format.
How many times per day can you watch one freaking match? TTC really needs to focus on matches and stories that are outside of ESPN's "mainstream" audience.

TTC's announcers are awful, too, by and large. Navratilova and Rubin are good, the rest are garbage.

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 07:05 PM   #8
country flag Shooter

Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future Shooter has a brilliant future

I'll say this for the Tennis Channel. The quality of their commentary was better than what FSN had to offer last night. Does anyone know why TTC showed only men's matches?
Shooter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 07:05 PM   #9
country flag ninanina19

ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of ninanina19 has much to be proud of

TTC doesn't have rights to IW, if they could afford to obtain the rights, I'm sure they would show it.
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 07:10 PM   #10
country flag tropolis

just imagine ivanovic vs. hantuchova though. my god. then maybe the winner gets wozniacki. hot hot hot
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 07:14 PM   #11
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
just imagine ivanovic vs. hantuchova though. my god. then maybe the winner gets wozniacki. hot hot hot

Maybe they could have a threesome.

'
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 07:20 PM   #12
country flag Human Nature
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninanina19 View Post
TTC doesn't have rights to IW, if they could afford to obtain the rights, I'm sure they would show it.

I think before launching a channel specialized in a theme one must insure they will be able to compete the other channels to offers the best programms to their viewers .

If they cant afford to broadcast the biggest events of the year and instead they brodacast old and edited matches , then they should better give up their brand and stop to make their subscribers think that they are THE " specialized " channel on tennis .

At least ESPN dont lie when they put "classic" on their brand .

Last edited by Human Nature : Mar 17th, 2009 at 07:27 PM.
Human Nature is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 07:23 PM   #13
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute

how much is TTC a month???
saul1333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #14
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

I don't know if you can buy it a la carte. WHen I had Brighthouse cable, I could get SD Tennis CHannel as part of a 4-channel sports package for $1.99 a month. Now, with a bundled service using programming from Dish Network, I get the HD version of TTC as part of the "America's Top 250" channel package I get for $27.99 a month. So, the answer is, it's a pretty minimal cost.

'
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 07:26 PM   #15
country flag 2Black

2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute 2Black has a reputation beyond repute

But how can this be a premier event & it be on FSN who don't even show it in some areas

I like the ATP & WTA - so I just wanna see tennis
2Black is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote