S3 - 21: Tour Championships, Madrid (YEC) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 16th, 2009, 12:21 AM   #1
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
S3 - 21: Tour Championships, Madrid (YEC)

Tour Championships, Madrid

Week 21 * YEC * Draw Size 8

S1 Winner - Venus Williams
S2 Winner - Alicia Molik

Madrid, ESP - Welcome and congratulations to the top 8 players of the season! All your hard work has paid off, and now we'll see who's the best of the best at this week's season-ending championships, it should be a great week, good luck to all!

Points Deadline - Tuesday 18:00 CET

Last edited by The Daviator : Mar 16th, 2009 at 12:40 AM.
The Daviator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 16th, 2009, 12:22 AM   #2

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S3 - 21: Tour Championships, Madrid (YEC)

Aces To Play

Clijsters - 3
Domachowska - 3
Kirilenko - 1
Krajicek - 2
Molik - 1
Morigami - 0
Pennetta - 2
Sharapova - 3
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 12:22 AM   #3

Groups

Blue Group

Kim Clijsters
Maria Sharapova
Michaella Krajicek
Flavia Pennetta

Black Group

Alicia Molik
Marta Domachowska
Maria Kirilenko
Akiko Morigami

Last edited by The Daviator : Mar 16th, 2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 12:22 AM   #4

Points To Defend

750 -

Molik

535 -

Mauresmo

335 -

Jankovic
Clijsters

185 -

Myskina

105 -

Tanasugarn
Krajicek

Last edited by The Daviator : Mar 16th, 2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 12:23 AM   #5

Player Of The Week

Maria Kirilenko

Since Molik won Quebec, it has to go to MK who reached the QFs with 0 aces, now please don't go crazy Maria Now everyone besides Akiko has at least 1 ace.

Last edited by The Daviator : Mar 16th, 2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 12:23 AM   #6

Profiles

Alicia Molik

Coach - ...[Harvs]...
Nationality - AUS
Rank - #1
Favourite Surface - Grass

W - Auckland, Sydney, Australian Open, Antwerp, Quebec City
RU - N/A
SF - Eastbourne

Alicia took the #1 ranking shortly after the season began and has held it all season She dominated in her native Australia and has had a surge of form lately as she attempts to defend her YEC crown, the year-end #1 is not guaranteed with Clijsters not far behind, but Alicia beat Kim both times they played indoors this season, and even though she has just a single ace, she's looking in good shape to defend this week.

Kim Clijsters

Coach - Hashim.
Nationality - BEL
Rank - #2
Favourite Surface - Clay

W - Amelia Island, Strasbourg, Roland Garros
RU - US Open, Antwerp, Quebec City
SF - Olympics, New Haven

As you can see from her results, Kim has been rampant this season, unlike last season where she dominated the clay but did little else on other surfaces, Kim has shown her improvement this season by recording impressive results on all surfaces, and with 3 aces is a big threat to end the season with another title.

Maria Sharapova

Coach - Daniela-Is-Mine
Nationality - RUS
Rank - #3
Favourite Surface - Hard

W - Cincinnati, US Open
RU - Wimbledon, Moscow
SF - Birmingham, Antwerp

I knew at the end of last season that Masha had bright prospects this season and she proved me right, she became part of the ATC elite in the middle of the season by reaching back-to-back Slam finals at Wimbledon and the US Open, winning the latter, and a series of other good results have seen her shoot up the rankings, she too has 3 aces, and is another hot contender to win this week.

Marta Domachowska

Coach - Natash.
Nationality - POL
Rank - #4
Favourite Surface - Hard

W - Toronto, New Haven, Moscow
RU - Gold Coast
SF - Rome, Cincinnati

Whilst Marta has failed to produce her best form at the Slams, she's shone on the regular tour, winning 2 Tier Is, and reaching several semi-finals, she's got 3 aces and could obliterate the field if she brings her best tennis this week.

Michaella Krajicek

Coach - BWLH
Nationality - NED
Rank - #5

W - N/A
RU - Birmingham, New Haven
SF - 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon

Despite having a poor season compared to the excellent standard she set in S2, Misa still qualifies for the YEC for the 3rd season in a row Her form has deserted her though and she's a known headcase, so who knows what will happen to her this week

Maria Kirilenko

Coach - MH0861
Nationality - RUS
Rank - #6
Favourite Surface - Plexi

W - Birmingham
RU - Auckland, Australian Open, Eastbourne
SF - Antwerp

How great is it to see fan favourite MK at the YEC Stellar results on plexi and grass have seen Maria safely to Madrid, but she's lacking in aces and will need to be in inspired form to overcome the array of 3-acers and Molik and win the title.

Flavia Pennetta

Coach - Vz.Chy
Nationality - ITA
Rank - #7

W - 's-Hertogenbosch, Wimbledon, Olympics
RU - N/A
SF - Toronto

Flavia exploded onto the tour like a hurricane during the grass season and went on a brilliant tear winning Wimbledon and the Olympics, she's been pretty quiet of late, but she's capable of anything is the Flavbot6200X

Akiko Morigami

Coach - ArturoAce.
Nationality - JPN
Rank - #8
Favourite Surface - Clay

W - N/A
RU - Roland Garros
SF - Australian Open, Amelia Island

Akiko makes it here by virtue of two very good Slam runs, and that's basically it She has 0 aces to use this week and will do well to avoid finishing last in her group.

Last edited by The Daviator : Mar 16th, 2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 12:40 AM   #7
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

i have been number one almost the whole year... and havent received POW once... alicia is god, just putting that out there...
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 12:49 AM   #8
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if I want POTW, it never ends pretty I shall try though
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 12:52 AM   #9
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

How do points work for this? SORRY AFTER TWO YEARS IN LINZ I AM A FIRST TIMER

Same points for all RR matches, then we can switch for SF?
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 01:24 AM   #10

Preview and all the other stuff posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH0861 View Post
How do points work for this? SORRY AFTER TWO YEARS IN LINZ I AM A FIRST TIMER

Same points for all RR matches, then we can switch for SF?
You can send a set of points for each opponent if you like, or you can just send one set for all.

Semi-finalists then have the option of changing before the semis are played
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 01:28 AM   #11
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

will all matches be livescores?

and i play morigami first yea??
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 01:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...[Harvs]... View Post
will all matches be livescores?

and i play morigami first yea??
1. No

2. I'll release the OOP tomorrow, you could play anyone
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 01:38 AM   #13

Important.

If you're sending points for different opponents, it has to be before the deadline, you can't change in the middle of the group stage, so whatever points of yours I have at the deadline, that's what I use for all 3 matches, thanks
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 05:57 AM   #14
Koon

Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute Koon has a reputation beyond repute

Flavia's draw is worst
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 11:49 PM   #15

Tuesday OOP

Blue Group

Kim Clijsters v Michaella Krajicek

Maria Sharapova v Flavia Pennetta

Black Group

Alicia Molik v Maria Kirilenko

Marta Domachowska v Akiko Morigami