Questions from a non-Fan (Sharpen your knives) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 15th, 2009, 09:26 AM   #1
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
Questions from a non-Fan (Sharpen your knives)

WTF!?!?!

If you've been around awhile, you've heard my opinion if the ranking system, and more importantly, the #1 ranking. For those who don't know, IMHO< at best, the #1 ranking, in today's WTA, implies that you'd make the semis at three out of four slams, ot the finals at two out of four. It does NOT mean, by any stretch, that you are the best player on the tour.

Having said all that, the JJ playing now isn't the JJ who got the #1 ranking. I accept that when ou re-tool our game, there's backsliding. Look at Venus Williams, Serena Williams, Amelie Mauresno, Justine Henin. All hs to significantly re-tool their games over the course of their careers. Add Lindsay Davenport and Jennifer Capriati, who had to change not their game, but their lifestyle.

If y'all, who are JJ fans, say she's just adjusting, I accept that. But the WTA off-seaon isn't that long. In the worst case, the ABSOLUTE worst case, JJ could have done a rounf of steroids inthe off-season. That's that worst, and I don't think it's true. Why? Tennis players get tested more than any other athletes in any other year round sport. There's no way to get an advantage, in tennis, in today's system. Sesil K is living proof.

JJ isn't gonna win ten slams. I get that. But she was seeded #1 at OZ. And six weeks later, she's *15 in race points. She hasn't pulled a Vaidisova, but something's wrong. Something, IMHO, more than ''added muscle, have to adjust'.

There are FAR fewer holders of the #1 ranking, than slam winners. That argues that it is easier to win a slam than to be ranked #1.

Last edited by Volcana : Mar 15th, 2009 at 09:33 AM.
Volcana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 15th, 2009, 10:18 AM   #2
country flag Wrekin

Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold
Re: Questions from a non-Fan (Sharpen your knives)

Er, so what's the question?

If it's why does she suck so much right now, we sure don't know.

Take a look at the cheering thread for ongoing, despairing discussions on the subject!
Old Mar 15th, 2009, 10:42 AM   #3
country flag schorsch

schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute schorsch has a reputation beyond repute

dont you just want to go on vacation like the ws ?

i heard miami is nice this time of the year
Official Masseur of the Jelena Clinic
Djokovic, Davydenko, Tipsarevic, Wawrinka, Baghdatis, Gulbis, Troicki, Kyrgios
schorsch is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2009, 11:00 AM   #4
дalex

дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute

The players' forums, at least this one doesn't, don't work like GM where you get to open threads about any issue... I'll write some of my thoughts in the cheering thread and you may join the discussion there if you want.

Last edited by дalex : Mar 15th, 2009 at 11:08 AM.
дalex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2009, 11:58 AM   #5
country flag MaBaker
★Serbian Sensation★

MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute

You are more upset than us
MaBaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote