Aravane blogging from Istanbul - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 28th, 2009, 07:23 AM   #1
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
Aravane blogging from Istanbul

Monday, July 27, 2009
Bonjour tout le monde
I'm in Istanbul for the Istanbul Cup this week. It's going very well so far. I have some really nice memories from this tournament. There are a lot of people cheering me on here and it's a great feeling to be back here.
My family is here with me - actually, we all came here from France by car! We came in a family-sized van. There were five of us so we needed something big It took two and a half days. After we left France we went through Italy and took a boat to Greece, then came over to Turkey. Greece was beautiful. We stayed there for two days and I just adored it. We were right next to the sea. I loved Italy too. I was just there two weeks ago for a tournament in Palermo, where I lost to Flavia Pennetta in the quarterfinals. I was playing very well that day but you can't win them all Anyway, I want to do better here, of course!
There was a concert last night for the tournament's opening ceremony. The singer who performed, Hadise, was in the Eurovision Song Contest this year. She sang very well! I thought she was great. The ceremony, the food and the location - which was at the Achaeological Museum of Istanbul - were perfect. It's rare you see an event this good at a tournament. I really enjoyed it.
I didn't play too well today but it was good enough to win. I had beaten Viktoriya twice on clay this year but this was our first match on hardcourts so I was a bit nervous. She hits very hard from the back of the court. Also, ever since I made the final here a few years ago I have lots of support here, and I really wanted to play well for my fans. It's almost like playing in front of my home crowd at Roland Garros I didn't feel great during the first set but I won it and then the second set was quick. I'm not sure who I play next yet - my opponents haven't played - and I'm not sure if I'll be playing my second round tomorrow or Wednesday. The schedule hasn't come out yet. But I'll keep you posted!
Thank you for reading my blog - I'm so thankful for all of your support and I'll try to make it good It's thanks to all of you that I'm where I am now.
A demain!
Aravane

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/p...735210,00.html

Old Jul 28th, 2009, 05:19 PM   #2
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aravane blogging from Istanbul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bероника View Post
Monday, July 27, 2009
Bonjour tout le monde
I'm in Istanbul for the Istanbul Cup this week. It's going very well so far. I have some really nice memories from this tournament. There are a lot of people cheering me on here and it's a great feeling to be back here.
My family is here with me - actually, we all came here from France by car! We came in a family-sized van. There were five of us so we needed something big It took two and a half days. After we left France we went through Italy and took a boat to Greece, then came over to Turkey. Greece was beautiful. We stayed there for two days and I just adored it. We were right next to the sea. I loved Italy too. I was just there two weeks ago for a tournament in Palermo, where I lost to Flavia Pennetta in the quarterfinals. I was playing very well that day but you can't win them all Anyway, I want to do better here, of course!
There was a concert last night for the tournament's opening ceremony. The singer who performed, Hadise, was in the Eurovision Song Contest this year. She sang very well! I thought she was great. The ceremony, the food and the location - which was at the Achaeological Museum of Istanbul - were perfect. It's rare you see an event this good at a tournament. I really enjoyed it.
I didn't play too well today but it was good enough to win. I had beaten Viktoriya twice on clay this year but this was our first match on hardcourts so I was a bit nervous. She hits very hard from the back of the court. Also, ever since I made the final here a few years ago I have lots of support here, and I really wanted to play well for my fans. It's almost like playing in front of my home crowd at Roland Garros I didn't feel great during the first set but I won it and then the second set was quick. I'm not sure who I play next yet - my opponents haven't played - and I'm not sure if I'll be playing my second round tomorrow or Wednesday. The schedule hasn't come out yet. But I'll keep you posted!
Thank you for reading my blog - I'm so thankful for all of your support and I'll try to make it good It's thanks to all of you that I'm where I am now.
A demain!
Aravane

http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/p...735210,00.html

They will be doubled over with laughter in the Caravan thread in GM when they read this....

She sounds really grounded and down to earth. I really think this is the start of a big upswing in her career. I'm not sure how high she can go in the rankings, but I think she has a real shot at top 15 and maybe top 10 if she keeps improving the way she has this year. Really, there's no reason why she shouldn't be making 4th rounds of slams on a consistent basis. I would say she has just as much game as Bartoli and Marion made it to the top 10, so...

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote