The "At least she's not playing 25k qualies" Positivity Thread - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 12th, 2009, 04:45 AM   #1
country flag Привет

Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute
The "At least she's not playing 25k qualies" Positivity Thread

A thread to be positive about Jela's career, no matter what craziness is going on.

I'm sick of hearing all the negativity that gets thrown about by some people every time she loses a match. She's back on the frigging WTA Tour full time! Would you prefer she play ITF level tournaments for the rest of her career? She's only played four tournaments for 2009, so there is plenty of time for her to get some better results.

I mean seriously, she's been back on the WTA Tour for what, a month now, and already we're taking it for granted.

So basically, be positive in here after she wins, loses, withdraws, is defaulted (I hope not ), when she reminds you of why you love her, and when she infuriates you like no other tennis player can.

Be a Debbie Downer and I WILL bad rep you.

So go ahead, humour me, put a positive spin on things.
Привет is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 12th, 2009, 05:50 AM   #2
country flag deepsand

deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all deepsand is a name known to all
Re: The "At least she's not playing 25k qualies" Positivity Thread

i completely agree.
i'm just really happy that she's back playing tennis and more importantly that she seems happy with where she is in her life atm.
she started from scratch just over a year ago, so i reckon it's gonna take time for her to find her groove and it's not like we Dokic fans aren't patient if anything. and u are right, when she reminds you of why she is so awesome, everything else is forgotten so quickly. like the AO, that was vintage Jelena and she just needs to find it again.
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 10:20 AM   #3
country flag muniu

muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future

Go Jelena , you rock , good luck in Miami , just play your best
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 11:43 AM   #4
country flag hdfb

hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute

Yay go Jelena.
I wonder if she has too much confidence and is going for too much? I noticed in AO she played very maturely and didn't try to blast every single ball.
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 11:57 AM   #5
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute

the positives
- shes back on the main tour
- dont forget that in 1999 her results where as inconsistent as they are right now. she had many shocking losses on her first year on the main tour and now shes in the same position....building herself up from scratch
- she will be in the main draw of all the slams, watch out especuially at wimbeldon where she cant lose to no pushers like Craybas on grass
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 03:01 PM   #6
country flag powerbackhand

powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of

jelena said that she is struggling mentally right now so maybe she needs time to adjust to playing wta scheudle full time again
powerbackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 06:01 PM   #7
country flag muniu

muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future muniu has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbackhand View Post
jelena said that she is struggling mentally right now so maybe she needs time to adjust to playing wta scheudle full time again
where you read about it ?
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 07:05 PM   #8
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

I love you, thread starter.

Positive news: Britney Spears March 20th, New York City March 21st

FUCK YES! GO JELE!~
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #9
country flag Привет

Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheDeuce View Post
I love you, thread starter.

Positive news: Britney Spears March 20th, New York City March 21st

FUCK YES! GO JELE!~
Stoned again, Dave?

Seeing as though everybody is in Indian Wells apart from the Williams girls (who probably wouldn't wanna hit up with anyone other than each other anyway), there is an abundance of training partners for Jela! I hope she hits with a few big names in her free time now.
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 12:21 AM   #10
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

i completely agree privyet! Jeca has taken a huge step forward and she just needs time to rest and get focused again
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 12:38 AM   #11
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Jelena is a rhythm player, that's why she did so well from AO-Fed Cup and memphis qualifying, but once she got a few days off her game was off against Wozniacki. Then took about 3 weeks off til this week and came out rusty. She just needs to get her groove back. Qualifying would have been better for her here, but atleast she played it's better than around this time the past few years

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 04:14 AM   #12
country flag KazeKarter

KazeKarter is a glorious beacon of light KazeKarter is a glorious beacon of light KazeKarter is a glorious beacon of light KazeKarter is a glorious beacon of light KazeKarter is a glorious beacon of light KazeKarter is a glorious beacon of light KazeKarter is a glorious beacon of light KazeKarter is a glorious beacon of light KazeKarter is a glorious beacon of light KazeKarter is a glorious beacon of light KazeKarter is a glorious beacon of light

Very neccesary thread, I wasn't around in the 00's when she sucked pretty much all the time, but if all the fans here can come through that period, then two losses in a row should be a cake walk.

Jelena's still the comback queen no matter what
KazeKarter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 06:04 AM   #13
country flag Привет

ZOMG MIAMI MDWC!!!
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 08:49 PM   #14
country flag cn ireland

cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future

Good thread!

I don't know why people are complaining, she's reached a GS QF already this year!

Given her record in the last 5 years, if she didn't play for the rest of the year (obviously I don't want that to come through) its been a successfull 2009 for JD!

Twitter: @NoelDoyle4
cn ireland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 04:57 AM   #15
country flag Привет

Right on, cn_ireland! I just wish Jela fans would be more willing to spread positivity instead of ratting her out when she doesn't win every single event she enters.