"Rabitt"-The Wendy Turnbull Thread - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 29th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #46
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future
Re: "Rabitt"-The Wendy Turnbull Thread

Wendy v Nancy!! (in a nice way!)

Another question....

Wendy - did u ever play Nancy??? (probably a few on here could answer that themselves!)
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 29th, 2010, 01:38 PM   #47
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think Wendy might log into the site and answer questions directly as she asked me for the site details. That would be awesome to have another star from the past join us on our forum.
We would be thrilled to have Wendy on here TV
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 02:02 PM   #48
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER

AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
We would be thrilled to have Wendy on here TV
Definitely - then we can work on Virginia Ruzici and Mima Jausovec and I'll be in heaven with all three

Titles (7) - 2012 - New Haven, SF - WIMBLEDON, 2013 - Beijing, Member of Winning GB Fed Cup Team, 2014 - Brisbane, Dubai, Stuttgart, Rome, YEC Singapore
Doubles - (Rank : 1) (High : 1)
Titles - (13) (w/tennisbuddy12) 2010 - Bad Gastein, (w/Tuckii) 2013 - ITF Bertioga, (w/mateusz2904) - 2010 - Bogota, ITF -Karuizawa, ITF - Montpellier, 2011 - Bogota, Birmingham, ITF - Poitiers, ITF - Bratislava, 2012 - ITF - Opole, 2013 - Bad Gastein, 2014 - WIMBLEDON, Bad Gastein
AdeyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #49
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping this thread up. It's a shame Wendy never got back to us.

1977 in Melbourne.

Last edited by Rollo : Jan 28th, 2013 at 05:22 PM.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #50
country flag renstar

renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of

Quote:

1977 in Melbourne.
Yes its a shame but maybe she read some of the nasty comments you get on some threads on this site and thought she may become a sitting duck lol.

She looked like quite a forlorn lonely large lady sitting in the crowds at the AO as a special guest. I felt rather sad for her looking at her on TV wondering if she still has a happy life. She actually didn't look that well to be honest.

Anyone still in contact with her by email?
renstar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #51
tennisvideos
Love the Legends of Tennis

tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

1977 in Melbourne.
Hi Rollo. Yes it was a shame Wendy never got back to us but I agree with Renstar. If she saw some of the posts here it could have been devastating. So probably for the best unfortunately.
60s/70s: Evonne Goolagong .. Francoise Durr .. Chris Evert .. Margaret Court .. Nancy Richey .. Maria Bueno .. Billie-Jean King .. Lesley Turner .. Virginia Wade .. Ken Rosewall .. Rod Laver .. Bjorn Borg ..
Entertainers: .. Diana Ross .. Dionne Warwick .. Shirley Bassey .. Randy Crawford .. Burt Bacharach .. ABBA .. Woody Allen .. Maggie Smith .. Gena Rowlands .. Judy Davis .. Heath Ledger .. Little Britain ..
Inspiration: .. Jeshua Ben Josepth .. Conversations with God .. Abraham with Esther & Jerry Hicks .. P'taah ..
tennisvideos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #52
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER

AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by renstar View Post
Yes its a shame but maybe she read some of the nasty comments you get on some threads on this site and thought she may become a sitting duck lol.
I'd hope not - someone from that era would have tons of interesting stories to tell, be fantastic if it ever did happen, would have loads to ask myself.

Titles (7) - 2012 - New Haven, SF - WIMBLEDON, 2013 - Beijing, Member of Winning GB Fed Cup Team, 2014 - Brisbane, Dubai, Stuttgart, Rome, YEC Singapore
Doubles - (Rank : 1) (High : 1)
Titles - (13) (w/tennisbuddy12) 2010 - Bad Gastein, (w/Tuckii) 2013 - ITF Bertioga, (w/mateusz2904) - 2010 - Bogota, ITF -Karuizawa, ITF - Montpellier, 2011 - Bogota, Birmingham, ITF - Poitiers, ITF - Bratislava, 2012 - ITF - Opole, 2013 - Bad Gastein, 2014 - WIMBLEDON, Bad Gastein
AdeyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 09:39 PM   #53
country flag renstar

renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of renstar has much to be proud of

Quote:

1977 in Melbourne.
Rollo was just wondering the last time you were in email contact with Wendy? Did she give a reason she never got back to you?

We discussed her a little on a post in a Chris Evert facebook fan page In in. Would love to know her thoughts on her encounters with Chris and Martina and who she found the most difficult to play with and why.
Old Apr 15th, 2014, 03:25 PM   #54
country flag preacherfan

preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all

I saw her play in an early round match against Anne White in New Orleans in 1987. The crowd wasn't large, but they responded well to Wendy's entertaining style and Anne's glamour. There was one particular point that included some amazing saves, and the crowd oohed and aahed and cheered during play. After the point concluded, the chair ump asked the crowd to refrain from making noise during the point. Wendy raised her arms and said, "Ah come on, let them cheer. It's fun." What a great sport!
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 02:01 AM   #55
country flag renstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherfan View Post
I saw her play in an early round match against Anne White in New Orleans in 1987. The crowd wasn't large, but they responded well to Wendy's entertaining style and Anne's glamour. There was one particular point that included some amazing saves, and the crowd oohed and aahed and cheered during play. After the point concluded, the chair ump asked the crowd to refrain from making noise during the point. Wendy raised her arms and said, "Ah come on, let them cheer. It's fun." What a great sport!
lol that sounds so Wendy, she was so down to earth, I really loved her commentary she did here on the 7 network I wish they would have her again. I remember as a teen seeing her play at the NSW open warm up tournament for the Aus Open and have a great win over Mandlikova whilst probably carrying quite a few extra pounds. Its a shame she didn't win one of those grand slam finals she played in but its great she even made them. Its funny I don't see Chris having much to do with her lately when she was quite a good friend at one stage.