Alizé surf in USA*** - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Reply

Old Mar 8th, 2009, 03:17 PM   #16
country flag Charlieflip
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Charlieflip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 317
Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all
Re: Alizé surf in USA***

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea. View Post
First of all, thanks for the wide response. Now I can undestand your position about her game. I am not determining her

as a defence-only player, no. I was telling you that she is too young and too powerless to beat the monsters like Safine,

even having 3 matchpoins or so.

Actually, I love her for the same reason as you. For the emotions. But I do not agree that emotions will help her to

beat anyone. Watch the top WTA players atm - does they have any kind of emotions on court? No, they doesn't. Watch the ATP's Federer-Nadal pair - yes, one of them likes to cry but after the match. Oh, I mean that when Alize throws her

emotions away from the court, she ll become a star. We felt in love already, so we will survive without her on-court

attitude.
Okok back off a moment. haha

If you want, I can name many players who show emotions on court. I mean you used nadal as an example for NOT showing emotions. I belive the opposite, he shows loads of emotions.
As for WTA, its just to look at another great WTA player- Ana Ivanovic. Sport without emotions isnt nothing. And Im still very certain it can help you win aswell as help you loose. Of course I belive in the victourious bit more.

I don't know if I understood you right, but you're actually saying that you don't think Alize could beat Safina even if she has 3 matchballs? That's just sick man

Im sorry mate, I have the opposite philosophy of yours; emotions ON court, and preferably take them away when off court, at least in front of media.
__________________
I host a site where I post valueful insight and bets on WTA where I aim to help you pick winners for matches. http://predictorflip.wordpress.com/


Ivanovic|Cornet|Bartoli|Radwanska|Hantuchova
Charlieflip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Mar 8th, 2009, 05:22 PM   #17
country flag tea
taking fanboyism to a whole new level
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,464
tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alizé surf in USA***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlieflip View Post
Okok back off a moment. haha

If you want, I can name many players who show emotions on court. I mean you used nadal as an example for NOT showing emotions. I belive the opposite, he shows loads of emotions.
As for WTA, its just to look at another great WTA player- Ana Ivanovic. Sport without emotions isnt nothing. And Im still very certain it can help you win aswell as help you loose. Of course I belive in the victourious bit more.

I don't know if I understood you right, but you're actually saying that you don't think Alize could beat Safina even if she has 3 matchballs? That's just sick man

Im sorry mate, I have the opposite philosophy of yours; emotions ON court, and preferably take them away when off court, at least in front of media.
Shame this Alize's forum has no 'chat' or 'off-topic' thread, because our discussion seems just at the beginning.

Let's start. The emotions on court. Nadal? Sorry, but he shows no emotions on court. Absolutely ZERO emotions. And I'm not putting Nadal as an example, Fed is the better example in a mental department. He was. Anyway WTA is not ATP, okay. Ivanovic? She is not that emotional that Alize is. She has more natural power, but less talent in tennis comparing to Alize. And I'm sure you will not agree with me in this term.
Yes, you understand me right. Alize can not beat Safina-like player even having 3 matchpoints. It can happen random but not regular.

And don't be sorry about the different philosophy. As the fans of the same player we must be united. It's just a matter of time when we undrestand each other.

btw, your signature is awesome!
tea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 09:38 AM   #18
country flag Charlieflip
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Charlieflip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 317
Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all
Re: Alizé surf in USA***

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea. View Post
Shame this Alize's forum has no 'chat' or 'off-topic' thread, because our discussion seems just at the beginning.

Let's start. The emotions on court. Nadal? Sorry, but he shows no emotions on court. Absolutely ZERO emotions. And I'm not putting Nadal as an example, Fed is the better example in a mental department. He was. Anyway WTA is not ATP, okay. Ivanovic? She is not that emotional that Alize is. She has more natural power, but less talent in tennis comparing to Alize. And I'm sure you will not agree with me in this term.
Yes, you understand me right. Alize can not beat Safina-like player even having 3 matchpoints. It can happen random but not regular.

And don't be sorry about the different philosophy. As the fans of the same player we must be united. It's just a matter of time when we undrestand each other.

btw, your signature is awesome!
You're saying that Nadal shows Zero emotions on court. This could just have one logical explanation which would explain alot; we have a diffrent view on what "emotions" mean. Here, I'll just show you what I mean and at the same time show that Nadal shows big emotions on court. However, I agree that Federer shows very little emotions on court. He too however, shows a minor drop of excitement from time to time. But his calmness is impressive.
I didn't found any good proof of nadal's emotions Im afraid, I maybe just didn't look long enough. But here is an excellent example of on-court emoitions by ana: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPQCrUkekqQ

Also, I really don't agree that Alizé has more talent than Ana really. I belive Ana is the most talented girl on the tour. But of course Alizé has enormous talent. I still can't belive really that you don't think that Alize can't beat Dinara.
And you posted earlier that Alizé is too powerless? For her age, she is extremly powerful and dynamic. In a few years she will beat Safina with her left arm

Thanks for the comment about my sig! And I agree with you with the rest of your ending
__________________
I host a site where I post valueful insight and bets on WTA where I aim to help you pick winners for matches. http://predictorflip.wordpress.com/


Ivanovic|Cornet|Bartoli|Radwanska|Hantuchova
Charlieflip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 10:07 AM   #19
country flag améliemomo
Senior Member
 
améliemomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11,421
améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alizé surf in USA***

if I can join to your discussion guys I would say that nadal WAS showing much of emotions at the same age of alize.I still remember his loud VAMOS! and fist pump. I was likeis that his left arm??
but by the years passed, he became more "neutral", not showing many emotions to the opponent.I think we can call it "maturity".
I think girls are more emotionate,there are some who can handle it quite easily and others who need to get matured.

I think alize belongs to the last category.She lives in a match,she's not a ghost.Of course she needs to control and dominate her emotions to become a great player.Even if she has lost to the very experienced safina.I think alize is a smart girl who learn from her errors. She improved a lot in her attitude if compared to last year.
Still so young,I think she can do great things if she can mature
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #20
country flag tea
taking fanboyism to a whole new level
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,464
tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alizé surf in USA***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlieflip View Post
You're saying that Nadal shows Zero emotions on court. This could just have one logical explanation which would explain alot; we have a diffrent view on what "emotions" mean. Here, I'll just show you what I mean and at the same time show that Nadal shows big emotions on court. However, I agree that Federer shows very little emotions on court. He too however, shows a minor drop of excitement from time to time. But his calmness is impressive.
I didn't found any good proof of nadal's emotions Im afraid, I maybe just didn't look long enough. But here is an excellent example of on-court emoitions by ana: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPQCrUkekqQ

Also, I really don't agree that Alizé has more talent than Ana really. I belive Ana is the most talented girl on the tour. But of course Alizé has enormous talent. I still can't belive really that you don't think that Alize can't beat Dinara.
And you posted earlier that Alizé is too powerless? For her age, she is extremly powerful and dynamic. In a few years she will beat Safina with her left arm
Umm, Ana shows emotions on court: that fist pump, you know. In the youtube video you post. But it's not the emotions that Alize shows. She cries, she throws the racket, she is a wild girl who can not keep herself consistant during the match.

About the talent, maybe I'm wrong. Let's state that Ana and Alize are equal talanted. Ana has more natural power, Alize has more natural movement, Ana has more natural forehand, Alize has more different swings with the shots etc.

Back to the Safina match. Yes, I still believe that she can not beat her on fast court. I'd love to believe that she'll beat Safina in a few years...

At the moment I even can't undestand who is defending Alize more, you or me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by améliemomo View Post
if I can join to your discussion guys I would say that nadal WAS showing much of emotions at the same age of alize.I still remember his loud VAMOS! and fist pump. I was likeis that his left arm??
but by the years passed, he became more "neutral", not showing many emotions to the opponent.I think we can call it "maturity".
I think girls are more emotionate,there are some who can handle it quite easily and others who need to get matured.

I think alize belongs to the last category.She lives in a match,she's not a ghost.Of course she needs to control and dominate her emotions to become a great player.Even if she has lost to the very experienced safina.I think alize is a smart girl who learn from her errors. She improved a lot in her attitude if compared to last year.
Still so young,I think she can do great things if she can mature
Agree with you in a total.
I don't follow Nadal's career but believe me he doesn't changed very much. Comparing when he was 18 years old or so. Again, it is Federer who changed, when become older Anyway, let we forget it. Because girls are no the same that boys.

Let's wait the draw of IW. It will release in the night of european time?
tea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 09:49 PM   #21
country flag tea
taking fanboyism to a whole new level
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,464
tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alizé surf in USA***

The draw is out -> http://www.bnpparibasopen.org/4/asse...09WTA_MDS1.pdf

Pretty good draw, on the first look. Still, match after match this time...
tea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9th, 2009, 10:00 PM   #22
country flag améliemomo
Senior Member
 
améliemomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11,421
améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alizé surf in USA***

yes especially with her shoulder

ALLEZ!!
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 07:25 AM   #23
country flag Dinayer
Bazinga! I dont care
 
Dinayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 26,274
Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute Dinayer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alizé surf in USA***

Allez Alize!!

its a good draw
Dinayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 09:03 AM   #24
country flag améliemomo
Senior Member
 
améliemomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11,421
améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alizé surf in USA***

yes good draw,she's in a "slumpy radwanska" quarter,her draw can be zakopalova,kind of tricky player but alize should pass her, then agnes szavay,radwanska and if she's still ok to go on,she could face jelena jankovic;

yes good draw cause no power hitters till quarter finale
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 09:40 AM   #25
country flag Charlieflip
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Charlieflip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 317
Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all Charlieflip is a name known to all
Re: Alizé surf in USA***

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea. View Post
Umm, Ana shows emotions on court: that fist pump, you know. In the youtube video you post. But it's not the emotions that Alize shows. She cries, she throws the racket, she is a wild girl who can not keep herself consistant during the match.

About the talent, maybe I'm wrong. Let's state that Ana and Alize are equal talanted. Ana has more natural power, Alize has more natural movement, Ana has more natural forehand, Alize has more different swings with the shots etc.

Back to the Safina match. Yes, I still believe that she can not beat her on fast court. I'd love to believe that she'll beat Safina in a few years...

At the moment I even can't undestand who is defending Alize more, you or me?

Alright I agree with you on that, the negative emotions are bad; crying, throwing the raquet etc. But I haven't seen her doing that in a pretty long time. She doesn't do that consistenly. Sure, she may complain more than other girls but I belive she slowly have that under control. I mean just look at John Mcenroe, he wasen't very good at controlling his angry emotions and he went pretty far anyway :P But yeah, throwing the raquet is never a good sign to show you opponent. Hopefully she will keep that restrainment up

Ameliemomo, I agree with your post. You put Alizés situation very well Although it isnt good to always control emotions, I understand what you mean.

About the draw; its very good. Even though Radwanska is slumping I think it can be a tough match but Alizé should win it. Thereafter its only willpower that will move her on
__________________
I host a site where I post valueful insight and bets on WTA where I aim to help you pick winners for matches. http://predictorflip.wordpress.com/


Ivanovic|Cornet|Bartoli|Radwanska|Hantuchova
Charlieflip is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 09:00 AM   #26
country flag améliemomo
Senior Member
 
améliemomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 11,421
améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute améliemomo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alizé surf in USA***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlieflip View Post


About the draw; its very good. Even though Radwanska is slumping I think it can be a tough match but Alizé should win it. Thereafter its only willpower that will move her on

thanks charlieflip for the nice words.I think alize is a original girl that deserves to be rewarded of all her work.
Perhaps in that tournament,I hope so
Yes you're right about radwanska,alize know her very well from the juniors and always lived tough matchs against her.If they ll have to face there,I think it would be the same.
Cant wait the start of IW.
améliemomo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 06:41 PM   #27
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥
 
Dorien.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My tennisdream.
Posts: 43,649
Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alizé surf in USA***

Good luck Alizé!
__________________
]


Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 01:50 AM   #28
country flag Derek.
Two and counting.
 
Derek.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Dublin
Posts: 25,900
Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute Derek. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alizé surf in USA***

Bonne chance!
Derek. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 04:08 AM   #29
country flag louisa.
Long live.
 
louisa.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Michael Clarke.
Posts: 5,207
louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute louisa. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alizé surf in USA***

Jankovic again
i have a feeling these two will meet.
Good luck Alize!

When will her first match be?
__________________

Long live the walls we crashed through
While the kingdom lights shined just for me and you...
louisa. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 06:10 AM   #30
country flag Kovalchuk
Senior Member
 
Kovalchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: MUGLAND
Posts: 2,281
Kovalchuk has much to be proud of Kovalchuk has much to be proud of Kovalchuk has much to be proud of Kovalchuk has much to be proud of Kovalchuk has much to be proud of Kovalchuk has much to be proud of Kovalchuk has much to be proud of Kovalchuk has much to be proud of Kovalchuk has much to be proud of Kovalchuk has much to be proud of Kovalchuk has much to be proud of
Re: Alizé surf in USA***

should be on Saturday

Barrois is her first round opponent, only saw her once in AO, taking Dementieva to three set.

hope Alize can play well and win this match.

ps: i like the idea having an "offtopic or chat thread"
Kovalchuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios