Dianne Hollands - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 11:58 PM   #106
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dianne Hollands

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
That's a nice win. It doesn't mean she'll win the whole tournament or anything, but it, along with her semifinal run in Hilton Head a couple of weeks ago, shows that her form is gradually becoming better, she's figuring out how to win again. When she started up after the break she lost quite a few in a row, so it's good to see she hung in there and is now overcoming the match rustiness. I just hope she keeps on going for a good stretch this time. Play a full schedule, then she'll have a lot of chances to get good results. It's a numbers game, you have to keep giving yourself the chance.
Exactly. Di usually plays for two or three months and then goes missing months on end. She needs to play a full schedule and give her ranking enough chance to improve.

In saying that, this is a good start. Quarters now but a very tough assignment tonight. Good luck Di.
Advertisement

Old Jun 27th, 2011, 08:26 AM   #107
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Dianne lost in the QF to the eventual winner of the tournament, Kyle McPhillips, 6-4 7-6(5).
HowardH is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 10:28 AM   #108
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Dianne and Shika Uberoi were runners up in the doubles, losing 7-6(2) 6-3. In the semis she defeated Lauren Davis' team. Here is a video, which Shika has apparently uploaded, of them getting their runner up prizes. They look as happy as if they had won the final. I guess because it was a good week. And they must know the other team quite well. Maybe from college tennis?

Last edited by HowardH : Jun 27th, 2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #109
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

The very next week Di and Shika won the doubles title in Buffalo. Another good result.

Good luck this week!
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 12:25 PM   #110
country flag Mana

Her is another great video of them getting the trophies from this week - http://www.youtube.com/user/shikhaub.../2/DliJwZo5PIo.

Dianne speaks very well.
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 08:39 AM   #111
country flag HowardH

Thanks Mana, I'll just embed it. I see Dianne has dyed her hair dark now. Dianne was headgirl at St Hilda's in Otago which explains why she is used to making speeches.

Old Jul 13th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #112
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Thanks Mana, I'll just embed it. I see Dianne has dyed her hair dark now. Dianne was headgirl at St Hilda's in Otago which explains why she is used to making speeches.

I could be wrong, but I thought she was naturally that dark brown colour?

Shes so professional
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #113
country flag Mana

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyking View Post
I could be wrong, but I thought she was naturally that dark brown colour?

Shes so professional
In the six + years I have followed her, it's always been blonde.
Old Jul 18th, 2011, 12:43 PM   #114
country flag HowardH

I think she originally had brown hair, but she has been blonde for many years now.
Old Jul 19th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #115
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Shirts off, time to fight it out bois
Old Sep 21st, 2011, 08:28 AM   #116
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all

Di been playin much?, she had sum gud results (like defeating lauren davis) which shes capable of
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 06:32 PM   #117
country flag HowardH

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutho12 View Post
Di been playin much?, she had sum gud results (like defeating lauren davis) which shes capable of
Doesn't seem to have played since July, at least not at ITF level. I really wish she could play more tournaments. She doesn't have to do well in every one. But by playing tournaments regularly she will give herself a better chance to find overall form. I wonder if she will play the Aussie ITFs coming up in the summer.

I was pleased that she entered quite a few tournaments between the end of March and July. At least she was consistently playing some tournaments every month during that period. She needs to keep doing that, unless injuries become a problem.
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #118
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

She's been suffering from side effects from thyroid medicine, but is over that now. Finally 100% healthy according to an article from March. She just won a 10k in doubles in Thailand

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #119
country flag Bennguin1491
A new star is rising...

Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute Bennguin1491 has a reputation beyond repute

She's in the singles final at the 10K in Fort Worth, TX and I watched her semifinal win over Kharchenko today. Very solid and consistent. Ana came out swinging and but Di was able to weather the storm. She'll play Liz Ferris for the title tomorrow.

we'll be counting s t a r s
benny.segs.toaster.rouster.nacho
Bennguin1491 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 08:33 AM   #120
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all

Thought you would like to know Di just played 3 straights 10,000s in Thailand. Didnt gain any singles points. (lost some tight 3 setters).. But gained some in dubs, including a semi. Good to see her playing